iPhone > Android, LOTS of problems and bugs

SalilSundresh

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Problems:

- Can't play many mp3 files I've uploaded to my web host. Works fine on my iPhone. The same file plays off the SD card fine.

- Progressive downloads - forces me to download the entire file before watching/listening to it.

- Wi-fi keeps dropping out (my iPhone has no problems on the same network, no heavy load on the network)

- The built in audio player is horrible. I have many audio books that are organnized by file name-not artist metadata so I can't tell which audio book is which. iTunes/iPhone doesn't have this problem with the same files. Is there something like the iPod app on the iPhone for android that is simple and smooth to use for audio books/podcasts and music?

- The stock camera app wouldn't let me take a picture when my battery was around 10-20% or so, I wasn't even trying to use the flash! WTF!?

- One last minor gripe: Why do I have to hit "ok" after entering my passcode? That's so annoying I just want to enter ie: 1-2-3-4 and have it unlock instead of having to hit ok after that.

Can any of this be fixed or do I have to de-bug everything myself to use an Android phone?

Android version: 2.3.5
Model: GS-9100

Last edited:

TroyBoyn

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I have Samsung and my wife Iphone. All these problems you are describing are unfamiliar with me. I think that really the only thing which is better on Iphone is Facetime. My Android has Microsoft Office, other advanced google stuff my wife doesnt have. I even have more memory for my mp3s and extendable memory which you can just dream about with Iphone.

I find useful this article comparing Android and Iphone. Just use your google Chrome, cause it?s in Spanish.

La Batalla Entre el Bien y el Mal - Android vs. I-Phone

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Iphone has bugs to and alot you can say only android has alot of bugs even thought it doesent

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
GS-9100? Is that a ZTE smartphone? Lol. I've never heard of that.

I own 3 Android devices, and I've never had a WiFi problem dropping out, so I can't speak to your problems.

Progressive downloads are not a "bug." Just something you are whining about. That is with stock Android, if you root and install a custom.ROM or use an app like Kascend you can preview downloads.

So why are you complaining again? Oh right, because you're a fanboy.
Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

avt7tablet

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
i am new to android & i have had a similar experience with ICS on my cheap 7' tab its soooooooooooooo slow.

I have a 4s, so its got a processor advantage, BUT IT FEELS LIKE THE DAYS OF WIN 3.11.

:cool: Hope to speed up the tab with knowledge gained from this forum.

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hope you succeed if you need any help just ask were all here to help as best we can

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

anon(226560)

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
-I'd recommend PowerAmp as an music player as it supports lots of audio formats (FLAC, wmv, etc). PocketCast for podcasts and CameraFX for camera are solid choices.

-As for the lock screen password, switch to swipe pattern it's works much better.

-Never had that problem with wi-fi in any of my Android phones. Perhaps it's a hardware or software problem, I'm not familiar with your phone so can't say for sure.

Also post with a different attitude if you genuinely want help. Bashing Android on an Android forum isn't going to get you very far.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

naes

May 31, 2011
Visit site
iPhones are idiot proof that's why a lot of main stream people like them more.. i've been using the 4s since release day and over time ive been missing droid more and more.. theres just only so much you could do with an iphone... kinda like a glass ceiling type thing IMO.. idk just wanting to get back to droid soon...

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok this thread is hiliarious. My wife has an iPhone 4 and I got the Samsung Galaxy S 2. Both on sprint. My wife is a complete dipsh*t when it comes to phones. She to this day wishes that she bought a android device. I can DL free music...she cant. I can save stuff to my micro sd card...the iSuck 4 doesnt even have an sd card slot. And whats with the 99.99 price jump between a 16gb 32gb and 64gb iSucks? 16gb 249.99 32gb 349.99 and 64gb is 399.99 on a contract. Apple is a bunch of scam artists. People pay for apples junk and supports there patent war against Microsoft and Google.

I say go back to your little iSuck 4S and be locked down. Your so use to being told to think what apple wants you to think. Thats why you cant get the android phone you have to work right. Thanks for the laugh bro. You iSheep crack me up. :thumbup::D:beer:

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
iPhones are idiot proof that's why a lot of main stream people like them more.. i've been using the 4s since release day and over time ive been missing droid more and more.. theres just only so much you could do with an iphone... kinda like a glass ceiling type thing IMO.. idk just wanting to get back to droid soon...

Droids suck, you can only use them on Verizon

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S WII on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Droids suck, you can only use them on Verizon

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S WII on T-Mobile! goodbye Sprint!

I think they're using "Droid" as synonymous with "Android" which most of us know that droid is a brand and Android is a platform/OS. I hear that mistake a lot when people are talking about Android but they say Droid. Drives me crazy!!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree with an earlier post the iPhone has lots of bugs just try to do true multitasking it's impossible I can. get any iPhone to crash in 10 minutes.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Not being able to do true multi-tasking on an iPhone is not a bug - WP7.5 is designed similarly. Last I checked, you could play music while navigating on an iPhone. Similar to Windows Phone 7.5, the "multi-tasking" is just limited to Stock Apps, cause no one can truly multi-task on a phone anyways. Running a background process and actually multi-tasking the way you would on a computer are two different things. I don't know anyone who actually multi-tasks from a productivity standpoint on an Android device (or any smartphone), sorry.

My Skyrocket's DLNA app doesn't even work with my XB360. I bet if AirPlay broke on the iPhone 4 Apple wouldn't ignore it. They'd fix it. They'd fix it fast, too.

The thing that's attractive about Apple's device isn't just the phone itself. It's the entire ecosystem and the fact that they actually support their devices in great way, unlike pretty much any Android OEM. Even Google has critical bugs in their devices, like WPA Enterprise connection bugs that they haven't fixed for months. That would never happen on an iPhone.

I had to return my Vivid because if I added an Exchange Account to the stock email client, the phone would randomly reset all my default applications and reset the email settings to poll once an hour during peak and once every 8 hours during non-peak times, causing me to miss important work emails. Using a third party app for something as trivial as media playback, web browsing, or email due to critical bugs in the stock software is not an acceptable compromise... I had to return the ion cause apps like Serve were popping up as incompatible in the Play Store, or not showing up at all. And now this Skyrocket DLNA issue with the XB360 (either buffers endlessly, or can't connect - the Motorola Droid Bionic and Samsung Vibrant I tried have no issues pushing content to the XB360 - the same exact files, even).

A lot of people complain of no NFC in the i5, but thank Google and OEMs for that. OEMs allow carriers to customize the devices to too far a limit and Google struck that deal with Sprint which locked anyone on any other carrier out of Google Wallet. The Secure Element in most other phones with NFC are still locked out until the carriers decide their Isis is ready. That technology is in such a clusterfrack here that it isn't even worth a bullet point right now. No one cares about paying for some crappy tags to turn WiFi/On-Off or Android Beam when there are a ton of BT 3.0+HS devices out there right now (or WiFi Direct, even).

So while every Airline is rolling out Passbook support, we'll still be waiting for them to even consider NFC Terminals with support for Google Wallet or Isis - the former of which has been out and about since the Nexus S was their flagship (late 2010/Early 2011?). Embarassing.

Oh, and I can't even upload pictures from my Gallery to Picasa Web Albums. Just some weird authentication error that seems to be quite well known among ICS devices. The phone running Google-sanctioned software doens't even work properly with Google's own services.

What would Apple do if Photo Stream broke on the iPod Touch? They'd probably fix it. And they'd fix it fast.

It's not about hardware (every phone released since mid 2011 can run JB without issues, and iOS6 is being backported to the 3GS (many parts of it, at least)). Hardware almost doesn't matter anymore; manufacturers have ramped the specs up so high so fast. It's about user experience, service integration, and ecosystem.

That is why people are actually paying attention to Microsoft's OS now. Now that they have closed the gap, hardware-wise, people can stop using that as a crutch because the other aspects of their ecosystem (their Music/Video store, for example, which poos all over Google Play; and their cloud services) are actually fantastic.

However, no phone is worth off-contract price to me. They were very smart to redesign the iPod touch. That thing is sort of incredible. I'd use that over a Nexus 7 any day.

Last edited:

shady28

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Man, that is one of the best summaries of whats wrong with Android ever.

I strongly suspect what you say about WP 7/8 is predictive of 2013.

I would not be surprised to see Redmond kicking Apple and Google around in mobile market share next year, even taking top spot in 3-5 years.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

They really aren't idiot proof. I get tons of idevice users asking me for help all the time with the simplest tasks.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Who cares? Mapquest is free on iOS and has turn by turn navigation with voice. They use TomTom maps now, IIRC... No one with a clue will care about the stock maps app that much except people who just want to bash the phone. Most of the people who need good maps already use an alternative since the iOS 5.x maps app was lacking in so many ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21