Rumor: Talked to Sprint AS: iPhone might be coming to Sprint soon!!

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a very nice account services rep and her boss and was trying to have them fix my account so I could get the EVO. They fixed my account finally after years of trying to mess it up. I am now eligible to get the EVO at full discount. At the end of the conversion with both the ASR and her Supervisor, I asked if they had heard anything about the rumor of the iPhone coming to Sprint or even Verizon. She laughed, and told me that they couldn't release any information about that product because they have orders not to talk about it (HESSE TOLD THEM NOT TO TALK ABOUT IT). So I said so you can't tell me that on June 7th Apple will not announce that iPhone is coming to Sprint. She said, you got the idea. Then I asked if I don't like the EVO, theoretically I could return it within 30 days and get an iPhone if it happens to come to Sprint. She said yes you could, if we theoretically get the iPhone.

I still like the EVO, but interesting if this little rumor becomes reality. Only time will tell.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Doubtful, word is iphone is still under exclusivity with AT&T until sometime 2011. Word is verizon is getting it first due to their better network infrastructure.

I really think with AT&T's new rate plans, If a new iphone went to verizon TONS of people would be jumping ship.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Doubtful, word is iphone is still under exclusivity with AT&T until sometime 2011. Word is verizon is getting it first due to their better network infrastructure.

I really think with AT&T's new rate plans, If a new iphone went to verizon TONS of people would be jumping ship.

Actually when Apple gave AT&T the iPad exclusivity, supposedly, that opened the door for Apple to go to other carriers. When I talked to Account Services supervisor, they said Sprint was offered the iPhone originally, but the idiot CEO who was in charge, turned it down. That is why they have Dan Hesse now. Hesse is telling all the executives that he will never let that happen again. I know everyone is wants Verizon to get the iPhone, and they still might, but what I am hearing Sprint is either getting it with or without Verizon included.

Again this is a rumor that is not confirmed, but June 7 will be interesting to see what Apple says, because I have also heard that Apple might also have announcement about Verizon, even though Verizon's CEO said they have no plans right now to have an iPhone. We know how CEO's lie. I am just reporting what I hear from some reliable sources that I have gotten some good information in the past. That is why I am saying it is just a rumor, not fact, just like Verizon getting the iPhone is a rumor not a fact.

To be honest I would love to see both Verizon and Sprint get the iPhone. It would make for better choices for all networks, and AT&T would get killed because of it.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Actually when Apple gave AT&T the iPad exclusivity, supposedly, that opened the door for Apple to go to other carriers. When I talked to Account Services supervisor, they said Sprint was offered the iPhone originally, but the idiot CEO who was in charge, turned it down. That is why they have Dan Hesse now. Hesse is telling all the executives that he will never let that happen again. I know everyone is wants Verizon to get the iPhone, and they still might, but what I am hearing Sprint is either getting it with or without Verizon included.

Again this is a rumor that is not confirmed, but June 7 will be interesting to see what Apple says, because I have also heard that Apple might also have announcement about Verizon, even though Verizon's CEO said they have no plans right now to have an iPhone. We know how CEO's lie. I am just reporting what I hear from some reliable sources that I have gotten some good information in the past. That is why I am saying it is just a rumor, not fact, just like Verizon getting the iPhone is a rumor not a fact.

To be honest I would love to see both Verizon and Sprint get the iPhone. It would make for better choices for all networks, and AT&T would get killed because of it.

Actually verizon was the first company the iphone was propositioned too.

franky_402

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
But it sounds like Apple also offered Sprint the deal also. It could of been after Verizon turned it down.

the reason i posted that was because he said sprint was the first so i was declaring that much. i never really heard about sprint though just the original verizon deal

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
the reason i posted that was because he said sprint was the first so i was declaring that much. i never really heard about sprint though just the original verizon deal

I actually said not "first" but this, "they said Sprint was offered the iPhone originally, but the idiot CEO who was in charge, turned it down."

I said originally, not first. That is all she said was originally, which could mean before AT&T. But it was a very interesting conversation. It sounds like Hesse won't let them talk about any Apple talk.

I also went to Best Buy today and sort of asked the Sprint Rep, who was there helping set up Best Buy for the EVO launch, the same question, and sort of got a blank stare. She said she couldn't answer that question, instead of just saying no we are not getting the iPhone. They are acting too weird for me.

The answers will come soon.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
can't say I wouldn't be surprised if jobs announced the new iphone will hit other carriers. Their all about user experience. And AT&T doesn't make the cut.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08