iPhone 4 is official!

Plan on jumping ship to the new iPhone?

• Total voters
G

GenericMessage

its probably because you are just another blind consumer that jumps into marketing schemes without actually knowing anything.

go away

Alrighty. Lets cool it and everyone smile!

He is entitled to wanting one!

Heck, I want a Enzo! But I probably won't get one.

And to the OP, check out the iPhone 4 discussion going on in this forum!

Krak-a-Lakn

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Apple is notorious for showing off a new feature like they were the first to come out with it - and the media always believes them! Nokia has had the front facing camera and video calls for a long time.Just like the iPhone, the Nokia can only do a video talk to another Nokia.

Ahhh, nothing like the "blinders" that an Apple Fanboy wears ;)

ldostang

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I just think they made video chat on their phone seem revolutionary and then they said only on wifi and only from iphone 4 to iphone 4. very revolutionary... funny

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i'd have to see it in person, but in general i like my incredible more, all black with just a touch of color.

i am a fan of the thickness of it though, but with all the broken (cracked) 3G's and 3GS' i've seen, i'm not sure of the durability of the front and back.

also, bigger screen is always nice (even if it's not a lot bigger)

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm just trying to figure out what the new iPhone has that is "revolutionary" or "innovative."

I love Jobs trying to cover iPhone's lack of multitasking by saying they were simply making sure they got it right.

Um, the Pre got it right long before Jobs and Apple did.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The one up... battery life.
That's something really enticing. 10 hours of video playback? v0t!?

I'm just trying to figure out what the new iPhone has that is "revolutionary" or "innovative."

I love Jobs trying to cover iPhone's lack of multitasking by saying they were simply making sure they got it right.

Um, the Pre got it right long before Jobs and Apple did.
Well, even though the Pre did it "'right", battery life still suffered.
Apple's way of "doing it right" means that they didn't let battery life suffer.

But their way of multitasking is not innovative at all.
I don't think Apple's been doing many innovative things... they've just been putting better hardware on their existing innovations and catching up to their competition.

Last edited:

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Apple = Arrogance! Honestly all those people waiting for a Verizon/Sprint iphone and nothing! People will turn a blind eye to Apple in the long run.
I just got a PM from a Facebook friend asking me about Android phones and apps since he was underwhelmed by the phone announcement and simply won't use AT&T.

californiajay

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
As I stated in another post, this Apple thing is getting old. The iphone 4 is NOT groundbreaking, introduces nothing new other than an antenna which will be interesting t watch since I wonder if the reception will change depending on whether or not you are actually holding the phone.
I use Mac computers myself, own an ipad and have used an iphone (for about a month a year ago). Thing is, people have been complaining for 3 years now that Apple needs to get out of its exclusive contract with AT&T, and that they need to offer flash. Unfortunately Apple has listened to nobody in regards to either request, but has instead reared its ugly arrogant face by just bringing on more products still with the same shortcomings!
Admittedly though Apple knows what its doing as its users are seemingly more interested in style than substance. I don't know how many people who I have questioned about the poor phone quality and poor AT&T deployment have responded by saying that they didn't care as the phone is just so cool otherwise!

It's all getting old.

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm an Apple fan, owning (and typing on it now) a summer 2009 Macbook Pro, a latest gen iPod Touch 64GB, and a 64GB WiFi iPad. That said, I'm also one who is very happy with my Sprint service, made more so with my new EVO 4G. I was using a TP2 with WinMo 6.5, and loved the phone, but having used Android now since Friday I can see why people call WinMo such a dated OS. And I was even using a very nicely done custom ROM on my TP2. Bottom line, Apple didn't show me anything today that makes me wish I had the iPhone over my EVO. HTC is also a company worth being a fan of, as their products are very well made and highly functional.

The "big" announcement helped only for those who are entrenched into the iPhone/AT&T ecosystem. The EVO is drawing the truly "big" crowd now.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I'd say Incredible...

The iPhone does look nice. But really, Apple devices always look nice.

I just think that the iPhone looks to unoriginal. The Incredible and its 'racecar styling' appeal to me (the red accents, the back, everything).

TheFLCracker

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Which is sexier? Incredible vs. iPhone 4

I didn't really care for the original style and I definitely don't like the new one. I think the DI is sexier!

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk!

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I like the touches of color and the rear design of my DI and dont like the iphone design at all. they shoulda went a different direction. i even prefer the old design better

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I like the aesthetics of the new iPhone 4 and what appears to be top notch build quality. It's missing a feature that is a deal breaker for me though: ANDROID.