iPhone 4 is official!

Plan on jumping ship to the new iPhone?

• Total voters

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
After reading all day about Stevie Jobs' lame attempt to stop the bleeding that Android Nation is inflicting on his beloved iPhone. And after giving him credit that the iPhone 4 does have a great screen (for a 60" hdtv), and great (one hour longer than EVO) battery life, and chrome-bodied antenna... blah, blah, blah... I must say that Jobby fell for the "Okie dok" hook, line, and sinker.

If that is all he could come up with versus the EVO, then he may as well just go ahead and bring both the crown and the belt on over to the new Champ: EVO.

No 4G, no HDMI output, a VGA, front camera, a 5MP back camera, no micro SD, no Flash support, and multi-tasking(finally)... Huh!?

What in the world will you do when EVO meets Froyo? I mean, my EVO is blazing right now on Elcair... I can only imagine what Froyo will do to my EVO. But don't worry Stevie boy, I will still let your fanboys tether thier iToys to a real masterpiece.

sorry, just had to jet that off my chest.

Well duh it doesn't have 4G. No other carrier in the US has an operational 4G network. What would have been the point of including very expensive 4G components in a phone on a network that doesn't support it?

As for your other criticisms, I just say meh. The Evo might have a higher MP rear camera, but it'll take worse pictures. (even the Nexus One takes better pictures) Jobs made a big deal about this, and its a point that apparently went over your head. MicroSD might be a valid point, but unlike the Evo, the i4 includes 16gb of memory onboard.

I think its funny that you think the Evo will somehow manage to beat the iPhone. As anyone that's been paying attention should know, specs don't really matter. (and that's ignoring the fact that the iPhone really isn't behind the spec-wise) Sales are all that matters and if you think the Evo will 'win' against the iPhone you're going to have a very rude awakening.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Because of the way they did it (the OS scales easily to the new resolution), they were able to avoid problems like they would have had going from say, the Desire to the Evo. (Evo elements are MUCH larger than the Desire's) It isn't just stretching things or shrinking them, because the OS handles it very differently than that.

yeah i noticed that later on

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I get called an Apple fanboy, but I know what I'm buying. I know the i4 isn't the most advanced phone out there. I know the OS doesn't do everything that Android does. When Apple came out with the 3GS I rolled my eyes since it was 90% of my 3G.

But for me, it does what I NEED it to better than Android, and I find it more intuitive. I'm choosing to go back to the iPhone because it fits MY needs better.

dont really care about your opinion i was just making some general statements

jcjdoss

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Leave your Droid for the new iPhone?

Apple makes a great device. the issue I have with it is the network. Apple released a great way to edit and share remarkable video, stream audio in the background, VOIP and AT&T just put in a 2GB cap on the data. I'll stick with my Droid

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

trojandnc

May 13, 2010
Visit site
No sir. The problem is that it is NOT all about the numbers. The Iphone is 1 phone/device that gets all of one big company's resources. Apple kind of reminds me of Honda and Toyota. While they are both great companies with great histories (until recently for Toyota), most people but both now based a lot on name alone and that really all the iPhone has going for it.

2-3 years ago the iphone was far superior to ANYTHING else on the market technology wise. No question. Now it is not and all most apple fanboys can say is "look who sells more."

Remember, you or I don't get the money that comes from selling hundres of thousands or millions of these devices. I can only judge on two fronts; the device I have in my hand and what it cost me to use that device to it's fullest potential.

In that respect, for the individual, the iphone has been equaled or passed. But it is always easier to follow the pack than not to. It's your choice and all I can say is congrats on your new iPhone.:cool:

Well duh it doesn't have 4G. No other carrier in the US has an operational 4G network. What would have been the point of including very expensive 4G components in a phone on a network that doesn't support it?

As for your other criticisms, I just say meh. The Evo might have a higher MP rear camera, but it'll take worse pictures. (even the Nexus One takes better pictures) Jobs made a big deal about this, and its a point that apparently went over your head. MicroSD might be a valid point, but unlike the Evo, the i4 includes 16gb of memory onboard.

I think its funny that you think the Evo will somehow manage to beat the iPhone. As anyone that's been paying attention should know, specs don't really matter. (and that's ignoring the fact that the iPhone really isn't behind the spec-wise) Sales are all that matters and if you think the Evo will 'win' against the iPhone you're going to have a very rude awakening.

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Let's just be honest...the iPhone 4 is sexier, period. To me, though, it's all about what's under the hood, and in the spec war the Inc still beats iPhone across the board. Let all the Fanboys and hipsters run around with their iPhones, I'm happy with my Inc.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
No sir. The problem is that it is NOT all about the numbers. The Iphone is 1 phone/device that gets all of one big company's resources. Apple kind of reminds me of Honda and Toyota. While they are both great companies with great histories (until recently for Toyota), most people but both now based a lot on name alone and that really all the iPhone has going for it.

2-3 years ago the iphone was far superior to ANYTHING else on the market technology wise. No question. Now it is not and all most apple fanboys can say is "look who sells more."

Remember, you or I don't get the money that comes from selling hundres of thousands or millions of these devices. I can only judge on two fronts; the device I have in my hand and what it cost me to use that device to it's fullest potential.

In that respect, for the individual, the iphone has been equaled or passed. But it is always easier to follow the pack than not to. It's your choice and all I can say is congrats on your new iPhone.:cool:

Who's following the pack? I choose the iPhone because it works best for me. I can't say the same of Android.

Pipester

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
As long as it's on AT&T nope. Now, if it comes to Big Red... I would switch in a heartbeat. I REALLY like all that my Droid can do, but as a former AT&T sales rep I had A LOT of experience with the iPhone and it's just a second nature to me. Besides, with my new job if the iPhone comes to VZ I'll make A LOT of money.

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
its getting out of hand now

Look stop trying to bash the Evo cause you see the new IPhone its like your trying the find everything under the sun wrong with the Evo just so you can make yourself feel better about wanting to get the new cryphone if you want to get it GET IT !!!!!! We really don't want to hear it I find it funny Steve couldn't even get the phone to work on the at&t network and he said video chat is only over WiFi but you fanboys eat it up like he's telling you you can fly to the moon but if it makes you happy then go right ahead just stay off this site with it go to the cryPhone blog

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I hate when campaigns go negative, I think the Evo can stand on it's own two feet, or 4.3" screen or whatever without having to bash anything else. Let people get excited, consumers are the real winners.

The EVO was only $200 with a new contract, without the iphone this thing would of been like $500 w/a 2 year deal!

Besides Google was watching yesterday, so was HTC and Sprint and everyone else, they'll only try to out do what Apple did and then our "rEVOs" or EVO 2 or whatever the heck it will be will be even better.

Ah, I love capitalism in the morning.

rooktdphi

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
no way am I switching. I had the 1st gen ipod touch and after a year the ONE BUTTON on the friggin thing stopped working... Had to reboot every time I wanted to switch an app. Love my macbook, but pass on the phone.

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This is subjective. If you love iStuff integration (your iPhone and iMac and iPad and Macbook and iPod and iLemur and iCar and iSpoon...) all working together, and you're okay with AT&T, iPhone is probably right for you. If you like Verizon and a more robust (open) platform with currently flash-lite and soon full flash, you'll want the Incredible. If front facing camera for video chat is your thing, you may want the Evo or the iPhone4.

iPhone4 seems to offer better screen resolution, and that's really the only big benefit I see, but... not sure that matters on such a small screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol