Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 107
Like Tree17Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    As the line goes...... It just works........., but not always for that long. For those wanting to Max out/ customise a IOS...... have you heard of jail breaking.

    If you pick a side & stick to it, your missing out. Windows has relied on ignorant users for decades, surely Android users are smarter than that. or maybe not.
  2. #27  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,082 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    i mean the iphone doesnt suck. its just not as visual as android. Its for some people who dont like to think or need something simple. thats why you see a lot of old people with the iphone. i work at a 5star resort and all i see there is old people with iphones. Android is a way better experience. You dont have to click on the calendar, or click mail just to see it. you can put widgets. and that comes in handy . The iphone is just very basic any one can use it with out any knowledge. I let my friends see my nexus, they cant even turn it on lol. they just look so lost. im not an iphone hater. Android is getting better and better every day.
    Privacy is overrated :P
  3. #28  

    Default

    Android doesn't have more apps. Also, iOS apps are better designed. It little stuff that I notice in Android Apps that
    makes me sell every Android device I've had and return to the iPhone. The whole iOS operating system is way more polished. The scrolling and like things like all apps menus matching the iOS menus is what I'm talking about. It seems like 100s of people work on Android and then at the end they put it together. Some menus have buttons in different locations and some the select or scroll the same.
    Last edited by tewest86; 06-29-2012 at 02:24 PM.
  4. #29  
    bnceo's Avatar

    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    I'm going iPhone this Fall. Android was nice, but too many things drove me nuts. Lack of ICS for 1/2 a year, not easy way to use with my Samsung TVs. Honestly, I want a full experience and with the iPhone getting a little bigger, it will ease the one thing that bothered me, which was the small size.
  5. #30  
    kgirl808's Avatar

    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    i mean the iphone doesnt suck. its just not as visual as android. Its for some people who dont like to think or need something simple. thats why you see a lot of old people with the iphone. i work at a 5star resort and all i see there is old people with iphones. Android is a way better experience. You dont have to click on the calendar, or click mail just to see it. you can put widgets. and that comes in handy . The iphone is just very basic any one can use it with out any knowledge. I let my friends see my nexus, they cant even turn it on lol. they just look so lost. im not an iphone hater. Android is getting better and better every day.
    lol @ a lot of old people! Sorry had to laugh @ that. It all depends on what a person YOUNG or OLD wants I have tons of young and older friends who have iPhones.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Very rare to see so, many Apple haters.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    I came over to Android from an iPhone 5. I tried using a Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and thought that Android was "almost there" compared to the iPhone. Now that I have the GSIII I can honestly say that they have surpassed the iPhone and left it far behind. It is just better, PERIOD.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    I have a nexus 4 right now, I would take any oppurtunity right now to return to my iPhone 5. Why? because of the look and polish of the apps the new mailbox app is just freaking incredible, the stock mail app looks so beautiful,little things like scroll bounce bring a lot to the table I know these arent big features or anything but polish and looks/asthetics are pretty important to me. and that thing about customisation? yeah its useful but overblown.


    As a conclusion I really like Android for what it is but iOS is far more polished in my opinion so next year I will be picking up an iPhone 5S.
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    ...
    As a conclusion I really like Android for what it is but iOS is far more polished in my opinion so next year I will be picking up an iPhone 5S.
    Personally the only features from iOS (and my iPhone 5) that I really like are:
    -iCloud for backing up App Data, Call Logs & SMS
    -GLOBAL Badge Notifications

    However, with Carbon backing up is almost as good as on iOS.
    And as for GLOBAL Badge Notifications, even that's now possible--> [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications

    So while I too will be picking up a 5S, I'm pretty confident it won't be replacing my Nexus 5 unless they introduce customization into iDevices.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
    Android doesn't have more apps. Also, iOS apps are better designed. It little stuff that I notice in Android Apps that
    makes me sell every Android device I've had and return to the iPhone. The whole iOS operating system is way more polished. The scrolling and like things like all apps menus matching the iOS menus is what I'm talking about. It seems like 100s of people work on Android and then at the end they put it together. Some menus have buttons in different locations and some the select or scroll the same.
    It is really true so for those who want more free apps should choose the iPhone.
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    I don't miss a dam thing about iOS I feel crippled on it I still have my wife's 4s that she uses daily and I have 2 old iPhone 4 's laying around still the kids play with those but now that I know how much greener it is on the android pasture I'm not leaving lol running custom roms and all the customization I can do on android is my favorite things about it

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Personally the only features from iOS (and my iPhone 5) that I really like are:
    -iCloud for backing up App Data, Call Logs & SMS
    -GLOBAL Badge Notifications

    However, with Carbon backing up is almost as good as on iOS.
    And as for GLOBAL Badge Notifications, even that's now possible--> [HOW-TO] Guide to Global Badge Notifications

    So while I too will be picking up a 5S, I'm pretty confident it won't be replacing my Nexus 5 unless they introduce customization into iDevices.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I've started to use only holo based apps and they are pretty good,but the 5S will still be my daily driver, of couse I will keep the nexus 4 to stay up to date with Android. oh and i don't like that i had to download tesla unread plugin for badges, i guess i just want it to be all set up to me.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    I've own an iphone. It's terrible compared to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2.

    _____________________________________________________
    Best Buy now offers permanent price match against all stores including Amazon and online stores - The Galaxy Note 2 is the phone of the decade! - Tapatalk HD 2
  14. #39  
    n8ter#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    938 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXM View Post
    I've own an iphone. It's terrible compared to the Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2.

    _____________________________________________________
    Best Buy now offers permanent price match against all stores including Amazon and online stores - The Galaxy Note 2 is the phone of the decade! - Tapatalk HD 2
    Depends on how you use your device. From a productivity "get work done" point of view as long as you don't have any esoteric needs Windows Phone is better than Android and iOS is clearly better.

    Customization is nice up front but it's a worthless metric to measure device usability if you choose a device based on your actually usage demands. All this superfluous tech in my Android device (NFC, WiFi Direct, Widgets (which use disparate UI themes [even Google's own] leading to messy home screens, so I never use them), extra home screens, etc.) in hindsight I can total do without and certainly don't *need* at all.

    Outside of Mail and Maps, Google's services aren't anything to write home about either (and if you don't use an OS with a 1st party Gmail or Maps app, even those are typically a worse user experience than the stock services).
  15. #40  
    tennockey's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by silverthornne View Post
    I personally wouldn't rock an Apple product but I've bought a few for my wife. Frankly, the way I see it is if you want something that just works, go Apple.

    I prefer Android's versatility and the choice offered by its manufacturers, but it does need some more babysitting and research to get the max out of an Android device. Of course, for my needs, the max of an iOS product is not enough, while the max of an Android product is much more satisfying

    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    Perfectly stated. Agree 100% went from an iPhone 4s to a gs3 to an N4. Love it

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    If you want a basic smartphone that you'll know how to use right out of the box the iPhone is the better choice.
    DroidXcon likes this.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    If you want a basic smartphone that you'll know how to use right out of the box the iPhone is the better choice.
    Or one that has superior app quality.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    I don't like Apple, never owned their product and the reason I don't like them is they have been stealing ideas and and sing others since they started business.

    Oh and superior apps, nope, no one has all superior apps. My sister has some great apps I can't get and I have just as many great apps she can't get. Most of the paid apps that we can both get are cheaper in the Play Store.

    Sent from my AWESOME Note 2
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Ok how about you go to any at&t, Verizon or best buy store and sample the phones and come back and let us know which one you like better iphone 5 or Galaxy S3/Note 2.

    _____________________________________________________
    Best Buy now offers permanent price match against all stores including Amazon and online stores - The Galaxy Note 2 is the phone of the decade! - Tapatalk HD 2
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    I've had about 10 android phones over the past few years and also owned a iphone 4. Really loved the fact that the iPhone really needed no adjusting like u see with android turn sync off turn maps location off and all that. It was a great device smooth and great battery life everything seemed a little smoother transitions opening apps up scrolling it was very nice. I'm not going to say don't get an iPhone because its all personal preference. We are all in the same smartphone world here. The iPhone does things better than android. And android does things better than iPhone. Find out what u want in a smartphone and decide what smartphone fits those needs.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  21. #46  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    I'm very fortunate to have owned and used most phone OS's. I started with a blackberry which I really like. Then I moved to android which was pretty good, at that time. After being on Android for a couple of years I switched to an iPhone 3GS but couldn't stand it. I returned it after about 3 weeks or so and went back to android. Next I went to a Nokia and Symbian which was pretty good, nothing great but better to me than iOS. I then decided to move on to Windows Phone 7.5 which was really nice. It quickly became my favorite OS. After a while my phone started to have problems and I had been playing with a cheap android tablet running ICS and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was, so I decided to come back to android. I'm running a GNex running 4.2.2 and this thing is SLICK. I'm impressed at how much android has improved since the days of donut and eclair.
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Or one that has superior app quality.
    Lol Hardly.

    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
  23. #48  
    n8ter#AC's Avatar

    Posts
    938 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    I don't like Apple, never owned their product and the reason I don't like them is they have been stealing ideas and and sing others since they started business.

    Oh and superior apps, nope, no one has all superior apps. My sister has some great apps I can't get and I have just as many great apps she can't get. Most of the paid apps that we can both get are cheaper in the Play Store.

    Sent from my AWESOME Note 2
    The Gmail and Maps app on iOS are superior to what's on Android. The Android Maps app still looks like it's coded for GB in many areas. Google developers even pretty much conceded that in some statements they made shortly after Maps released on iOS. If your phone is not on JB then Google Search on iOS is superior, as well.

    Camera+ on iOS is better than almost any 3rd party camera app on Android (and better than most stock camera apps as well). The fact that Android has 40 3rd party camera apps doesn't matter - they're practically all worse than that one iOS app.

    Same goes for iWorks. It's better than practically all the Office Suites on Android - though OfficeSuite Pro 7 comes close with its support for the biggest Cloud Services and revamped User Interface (and practically flawless PDF reader, thanks to Adobe Libraries), QuickOffice is terrible and Documents to Go is barely supported.

    The best 3rd party iOS twitter clients in some cases do not make it to Android. Where is Tweetbot? Facebook and Facebook Messenger on iOS are better than their Android counterparts. Even Google is releasing apps on iOS that has yet to make it over to Android (YouTube Camera, for example).

    All the better IM clients like Beejive and Trillian are on iOS, work better on iOS, and are better supported on iOS.

    Where is the $0.99 Ad-Free Words with Friends for Android? It doesn't exist. Have you used the Android version period? It simply doesn't compare.

    There are barely any apps on Android where iOS doesn't either have that same app or have something else that is clearly superior to it. Developers on that platform are willing to put in the time and effort to make great apps because people actually pay for them, in much higher numbers than on Android (which still lags ridiculously behind Apple despite having a ton more users in App Store income). WhatsApp is just getting a Holo UI version in Beta. How long ago was ICS released, again?

    If Apps are a big deal, the iPhone is clearly better. IMO, the main strength of Android is being an early adopter of new technology. Because of the way the Android hardware ecosystem is set up, OEMs are forced to adopt these technologies quickly in the fight to differentiate themselves from competing OEMs. So things like BT 3.0 +HS, WiFi Direct, DLNA, NFC, WiFi Tethering (actually that was on the HD2 before any (I think) Android Phones, but I digress), Higher Resolution Screens, HDMI output, etc. tended to come to Android before iOS.

    If you can care less about that (I practically use barely any of that except the screen on phones I've owned that had HD screens), then Android devices suddenly stop looking so attractive, and you realize you were buying into the hardware moreso than the actual OS or services ecosystem.

    Opinions don't change the facts, so asking for opinions on whether you should switch is fundamentally a worthless thing to do. Only way to make that decision is to use both devices for a decent span of time. This is why I used to have 2 active smartphone lines with data plans when I had T-Mobile. So that I could have two completely different devices and could come to serious decisions on which I wanted to use (SIM Swapping made that easy).
  24. #49  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    The Gmail and Maps app on iOS are superior to what's on Android. The Android Maps app still looks like it's coded for GB in many areas. Google developers even pretty much conceded that in some statements they made shortly after Maps released on iOS. If your phone is not on JB then Google Search on iOS is superior, as well.

    Camera+ on iOS is better than almost any 3rd party camera app on Android (and better than most stock camera apps as well). The fact that Android has 40 3rd party camera apps doesn't matter - they're practically all worse than that one iOS app. Same goes for iWorks. It's better than practically all the Office Suites on Android.

    The best 3rd party iOS twitter clients in some cases do not make it to Android. Where is Tweetbot? Facebook and Facebook Messenger on iOS are better than their Android counterparts. Even Google is releasing apps on iOS that has yet to make it over to Android (YouTube Camera, for example).

    Where is the $0.99 Ad-Free Words with Friends for Android? It doesn't exist. Have you used the Android version period? It simply doesn't compare.

    There are barely any apps on Android that iOS doesn't either have that same app or have something else that is clearly superior to it. Developers on that platform are willing to put in the time and effort to make great apps because people actually pay for them, in much higher numbers than on Android (which still lags ridiculously behind Apple despite having a ton more users in App Store income).

    If Apps are a big deal, the iPhone is clearly better. IMO, the main strength of Android is being an early adopter of new technology. Because of the way the Android hardware ecosystem is set up, OEMs are forced to adopt these technologies quickly in the fight to differentiate themselves from competing OEMs. So things like BT 3.0 +HS, WiFi Direct, DLNA, NFC, WiFi Tethering (actually that was on the HD2 before any Android Phones, but I digress), Higher Resolution Screens, HDMI output, etc. tend to come to Android before iOS.

    If you can care less about that, then Android devices suddenly stop looking so attractive.

    Back around the 2010/2011 timeframe I was real big into having the latest and greatest, and having all the new hardware features ASAP, but since I've slowed down following all this stuff and shifted my mobile use to more productivity-type tasks I've not felt a need to even consider the latest Android handsets because even a late 2011 flagship blows through most of what the average user needs to do, anyways... At that point the quality of Apps, App Support, Cross-Form Factor Interoperability, Standardized Synching/Backup Solution, Desktop OS Interoperability, and having a non-chaotic services ecosystem becomes a big deal and Apple does win over Google in all those categories.
    Not gonna say you're wrong but I find that i disagree with a few things that you said.

    1) App quality is just as good on Android as it is on iOS. At least it has been for me, hell many apps I used on iOS didn't work well for me, it was kind of annoying but that's more the developers fault than the OS's.
    2) It's not really a blow against Android that Google apps work better on iOS (though they work perfectly fine for me on Android and that's enough) it's a known fact Google doesn't make any money off Android anyway so they're not gonna be biased against its competition. That's just good business.
    3) Honestly if you're gonna judge what phone is better based on their camera then just don't use it and get a DSLR instead. (That's just my view on it though since I do own one.) The camera on my Nexus 10 is a blast to play around with though and it's great quality.

    That's just a few of my views on your post. Again, you're not wrong that's just your opinion and others feel differently. Though there are a few things you mentioned that iOS does do better.
  25. #50  

    Default Re: Thinking about getting an iPhone

    Quote Originally Posted by xlDeMoNiClx View Post
    Lol Hardly.

    This is from me, on my EVO 3D.
    What about tweetbot, infinity blade 1/2,camera+,mailbox(best mail client )
    I of course respect your opinion on this mater but I in my experince find iOS apps with better UI's one thing i do love about my Nexus 4 is the onscreen buttons and I wish the iPhone had that.
    Last edited by Chetan Takyar; 02-18-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B