andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Someone should start working on idroid again. (That project that allows people to boot their ipod's/iphones into android.) It's really cool, and I think it can be developed a lot further! So this is just a request! :)

Here's the official idroid page It just needs some speed going for development.

Last edited:

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha no offense but I couldn't disagree more. If they want android they can go out buy an android phone and support the companies like everyone else. Also, how the hell would the play store work?? It checks ur device to find compatible apps. Developers would somehow have to trick Google.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha no offense but I couldn't disagree more. If they want android they can go out buy an android phone and support the companies like everyone else. Also, how the hell would the play store work?? It checks ur device to find compatible apps. Developers would somehow have to trick Google.

I believe apps are listed according to Android version, eg, Chrome is only listed for ICS and up.

Am I wrong on this?

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I believe apps are listed according to Android version, eg, Chrome is only listed for ICS and up.

Am I wrong on this?

Not necessarily true because I am running an ICS rom but my phone is armv6 so chrome isn't in the play store.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I have an android phone(Optimus V rocking Quattrimus ICS) and an ipod touch first generation. I'd like the OS on my Touch to be android, but it's pretty unstable, and it's really difficult to use things such as adb and wifi, etc. If you had a first generation ipod touch you might understand.

And apps are allowed or not by both the android version and the processor.

The Play store would not work. No, you can't trick Google(Google is all-knowing :p) but you can install apk's from an internal partition. So basically, I think the best thing that would work would be to install the amazon app store(or something similar) and get apps from that.

AndrewJ23

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I think the android os on an iphone would be ultimate.. Every android phone i've owned has sucked a** so it would be cool to have a nice, customizable os on a well-designed phone like the iPhone.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I think the android os on an iphone would be ultimate.. Every android phone i've owned has sucked a** so it would be cool to have a nice, customizable os on a well-designed phone like the iPhone.
What phones have you used? Also if you aren't gonna give reasons why your Androids have "sucked ass" then most people are gonna assume you're just trolling.

AndrewJ23

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Droid 2, Droid X, Galaxy SII.. Droid 2 was a complete waste of plastic. Laggy, terrible battery life, and cheaply put together.

Droid X was pretty solid, but it got just as bad or worse than my droid 2 after a while. You couldn't even use the bastard when it was plugged up to a charger..

The S2 was probably my favorite of all the android devices I've owned. Samsung did a hell of a job with that phone. I just prefer the responsiveness and quickness of my iPhone, both of which I feel the android devices lacked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm