Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Quattrimus

Default Idroid

Someone should start working on idroid again. (That project that allows people to boot their ipod's/iphones into android.) It's really cool, and I think it can be developed a lot further! So this is just a request!

Here's the official idroid page It just needs some speed going for development.

ROM
    Different everyday.

Hahaha no offense but I couldn't disagree more. If they want android they can go out buy an android phone and support the companies like everyone else. Also, how the hell would the play store work?? It checks ur device to find compatible apps. Developers would somehow have to trick Google.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Idroid

I just checked the iDroid official page. The last official release was in 2011. It's too bad. Would be incredible to have the superior OS on the superior phone.

Main Page - iDroid Project

Quote Originally Posted by diecastdonkey View Post
    Hahaha no offense but I couldn't disagree more. If they want android they can go out buy an android phone and support the companies like everyone else. Also, how the hell would the play store work?? It checks ur device to find compatible apps. Developers would somehow have to trick Google.

I believe apps are listed according to Android version, eg, Chrome is only listed for ICS and up.

Am I wrong on this?

ROM
    Different everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    I believe apps are listed according to Android version, eg, Chrome is only listed for ICS and up.

Am I wrong on this?
    Not necessarily true because I am running an ICS rom but my phone is armv6 so chrome isn't in the play store.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by diecastdonkey View Post

I have an android phone(Optimus V rocking Quattrimus ICS) and an ipod touch first generation. I'd like the OS on my Touch to be android, but it's pretty unstable, and it's really difficult to use things such as adb and wifi, etc. If you had a first generation ipod touch you might understand.

And apps are allowed or not by both the android version and the processor.

The Play store would not work. No, you can't trick Google(Google is all-knowing :P) but you can install apk's from an internal partition. So basically, I think the best thing that would work would be to install the amazon app store(or something similar) and get apps from that.
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!

This sounds like a good way to breathe new life into a gen 2 or 3 iPod Touch. Or maybe I'm just a bad robot.

Quote Originally Posted by droidmyme View Post
    I just checked the iDroid official page. The last official release was in 2011. It's too bad. Would be incredible to have the superior OS on the superior phone.

Main Page - iDroid Project
    Then get an S3.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I was gonna say something along those lines when I read that post

I think the android os on an iphone would be ultimate.. Every android phone i've owned has sucked a** so it would be cool to have a nice, customizable os on a well-designed phone like the iPhone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

You need better phones then

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJ23 View Post
    I think the android os on an iphone would be ultimate.. Every android phone i've owned has sucked a** so it would be cool to have a nice, customizable os on a well-designed phone like the iPhone.
    What phones have you used? Also if you aren't gonna give reasons why your Androids have "sucked ***" then most people are gonna assume you're just trolling.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

especially on post #1

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJ23 View Post

NO. Get out of here, you iTroll.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Droid 2, Droid X, Galaxy SII.. Droid 2 was a complete waste of plastic. Laggy, terrible battery life, and cheaply put together.

Droid X was pretty solid, but it got just as bad or worse than my droid 2 after a while. You couldn't even use the ******* when it was plugged up to a charger..

The S2 was probably my favorite of all the android devices I've owned. Samsung did a hell of a job with that phone. I just prefer the responsiveness and quickness of my iPhone, both of which I feel the android devices lacked.