iPhone 4 vs. EVO/Incredible/X/Captivate discussion (Keep it civil!)

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Great review and what was even better is he says at the end he carries an iPhone as his daily driver....

He was also right when he said you can't really go wrong either way. I love my EVO, I don't miss my iPhone at all and have not even had a desire to go check out the new one...

tomh1102

May 27, 2010
Visit site
EVO smoked the iphone4 both on 3g network and on wifi, did not even compare 4g to the iphone 3g. Apps also launched quicker on the EVO.

Considering that my needs call for both a phone and having the fastest internet access and access to apps as quickly as possible I know 100% without a doubt I made the right choice in the EVO.

I guess if I wanted a pretty screen, a good video recorder and a good MP3 player I may have wanted the iphone4, doubt it though because speed is what is most important.

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Got my DINC april 28th a day early, have had not one problem with it. By far top 3 phone on the market right now. Plus I love the 3.7 inch screen, it doesnt feel like a small tv in my pocket

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Yo that's the first person on a tech website to really acknowledge how good the EVO is without an excuse, take that Engadget. He even admitted been an iPhone user but had no excuses or made up stories...I get pist off when all these websites make up lies or excuses or even fail to say the good things about the EVO like how Engadget couldn't even say that evos does video chat over 3g, 4g, WiFi n to pc or EVO to EVO...finally somebody calls it fair

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a pretty fair comparison, though I am curious as to whether not the BATTERY on each of these phones are in fact comparable. I have concluded that for the average user, out of the box, the Evo needs a lot of tweaking to get acceptable battery life (12+ hours), at least in MOST cases....

I am not a fanboy of either OS/Manufacturer, and I'm in fact a brand new Android user with the purchase of my Evo, and I am really excited to see that we have this caliber of smartphones being released, I think that both are pretty amazing in their capabilities...

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
You got to be kidding me, if any Android phone maker would say this they would get killed out here in the forums and on the tech news. Also o found that this is the best review i found so far, it does not matter who won, but all i wanted is fair. Engadget or bgr are fan boys and all here who read my rant about how i got my comment reomved from engadget for this reason all i wanted was fair review. Got to love that comment from apple " you are holding your phone wrong" and the bigger part all the fan boys went uhhhhhh you are right stevey boy we were holding it wrong. You are g-d and we are not worthy of you stevey boy. What a f***** joke.

Reactions: d3xn2o
Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My next phone: Droid X or iPhone 4?

Ok I know this is going to be biased on an android site, but we are on a phonejunkie website. We all use smartphones, and have opinions.

So, I am going to be buying a new device in a couple of weeks. I currently use a rooted N1 on at&t, and LOVE the device. I also carry an HTC Hero for my job. But I have alot of 3g switching to edge problems on my N1. Switched to a Palm Pre Plus, and had the same problem. Only had at&t 3g for 6 months, and it keeps getting worse. So, I am going to either upgrade to a white Iphone 4, or switch to a Droid X?

Any comments on motorola's build quality? Love HTC devices, but the reception issue of the N1 is so bad compared to other phones I have used( iphone 3g, bb curve, several htcs, etc).

So, Droid X or Iphone 4?

Also is it wrong to think the black iPhone 4 looks awful, while I love the matte black look of the Droid X? White Iphone is SEXY.

:cool:

bsims405

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
You will have the same problems with the iPhone as you had with your two other at&t devices. I suggest the X.

I'm not biased in anyway towards motorola.. I had the iphone(3g/3gs) and loved it(although i always had it jailbroken.. best features for the phone were "illegal") and switched to droid Incredible. The difference between the android OS and the iphone OS is night and day. Everything the newest iphone/OS is releasing, the android os has had since day one and has significantly upgraded since then.

Plus..... comon its verizon. I've MAYBE had non 3g reception twice and have yet to drop a call or not have service.

SilverLight98

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Re: My next phone: Droid X or iPhone 4?

I think you're going to have even worse problems with the iPhone 4 given that you may lose reception just by touching the metal band/ antennae :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Eazy123

Jun 14, 2010
www.grafxone.com
So when flash crashes a Mac, its Adobes fault. When an iPhone user gets a dropped call, its the users fault.

Oh, I can't wait to se what the isheep come up with to defend this one...

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
If AT&T would get a good high-end Android device I'd switch to it in no time. I have an iPod Touch and after upgrading to iOS4 I haven't been able to sync with Google.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually feel like he could have said more about each platform.

Like you can get better games on the Iphone..
... or that the Evo's keyboard, you can use a multitouch one, a regular one, a swype one...
Oh well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay