iPhone 4 vs. EVO/Incredible/X/Captivate discussion (Keep it civil!)

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Both phone are great phones, oh wait but with one you need to hold certain way if you want to be a member. I wonder how iPhone would do if it was on Sprint, that be interesting to see how many get iphone or Evo. I dont know but it is always a case with new designs of anything, always have problem, but I think Apple will have huge problem if they cant fix the antenna problem with a software update. I wonder where are all the fan boys now? Come on fan boys come out and play, I didnt think so, they can come to play cause they not holding the phone right way.

How can a software patch repair a hardware issue...is just pure stupidity and insult to even tell your consumer this crap. maybe the patch will show better signal when there is actually poor reception.

G_mann

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Voted, now up by 221....go EVO. I love mine, everyone I show loves it and my wife really wants to dump her G1, but doesn't want to pay the ETF from T-mo.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
@Richpjr:

I doubt two things:
1) Verizon iPhone.
2) Android users dumping their Incredibles, Droid X, for Apple if Verizon got an iPhone.

If Verizon got an iphone, AT&T iPhone users would Jump (only to find out Verizon couldn't handle the traffic either).

But Android users with late model phones would see nothing of interest to them on the iPhone.

Did you know that a well over 75% of iPhone 4 early adopters were upgraders? Its pretty much a closed ecosystem in that walled garden. The growth has pretty much petered out, and they are selling to their captive audience.

Last edited:

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think people bought into the the apple being the rebel. But thats not the case anymore apple is not the rebel...i give that title to google for offering services for most platforms. The MS vs Apple war is over even Steve himself admitted it and MS won. The iphone is good end users they dont do have to do work to get info. Im now even more concerned about this IOS thing they are trying to unify. I have a buddy that used to work at Coop and he mentioned this to me awhile back about them killing Mac OS X. I think Apple is making it easy for Google to strive and Google may become the Apple of 2k.

I think this press will hurt Apple more because of Steves' answer to his customer. im pretty sure there will be a lawsuit...one of many for Apple but this one they cant afford to lose.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
@Richpjr:

I doubt two things:
1) Verizon iPhone.
2) Android users dumping their Incredibles, Droid X, for Apple if Verizon got an iPhone.

If Verizon got an iphone, AT&T iPhone users would Jump (only to find out Verizon couldn't handle the traffic either).

But Android users with late model phones would see nothing of interest to them on the iPhone.

Did you know that a well over 75% of iPhone 4 early adopters were upgraders? Its pretty much a closed ecosystem in that walled garden. The growth has pretty much petered out, and they are selling to their captive audience.
No **** early adopters were upgraders. They already know what they want, and almost all of them were upgrading from 3Gs or 3GSes.

Lets see what happens after the initial rush has died down. Then we'll see whether their growth has petered out. (something tells me it hasn't at all)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I think people bought into the the apple being the rebel. But thats not the case anymore apple is not the rebel...i give that title to google for offering services for most platforms. The MS vs Apple war is over even Steve himself admitted it and MS won. The iphone is good end users they dont do have to do work to get info. Im now even more concerned about this IOS thing they are trying to unify. I have a buddy that used to work at Coop and he mentioned this to me awhile back about them killing Mac OS X. I think Apple is making it easy for Google to strive and Google may become the Apple of 2k.

I think this press will hurt Apple more because of Steves' answer to his customer. im pretty sure there will be a lawsuit...one of many for Apple but this one they cant afford to lose.
What are they going to sue for? Every single user out there that has an iPhone4 still is within the return policy period. If they choose to keep it knowing full well that there are issues with reception/transmission, then they have no grounds to sue.

Personally, I think this whole antenna thing is overblown, especially the response to Jobs' response. I mean, what else was he supposed to say? If you notice signal degradation when you hold your phone a certain way, then don't ****ing hold it that way! Its common sense. And, to be quite frank, nobody outside of Apple knows what the true issue is. There is speculation that its hardware, but more reliable speculation that there is an issue within iOS 4 that is the biggest problem. (3GS models exhibit the same issue with iOS4) Until we know what it is, people should sit back and STFU about it.

richpjr#AC

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
@Richpjr:

I doubt two things:
1) Verizon iPhone.

There WILL be a Verizon iPhone at some point. The only question is will they come out with a CDMA version (vague rumors that some are in production for a fall release, but I wouldn't bet my house on it) or will they wait for LTE. For all of the Verizon users with late model Androids, buying an iPhone was not an option at the time. It was Android or BlackBerry (does anyone buy Windows Mobile phones any more?). You seriously don't think a lot of them won't jump all over the iPhone? Don't take this to think I'm an Apple zealot (my wife has a Droid and I'm looking hard at the X) - just watching how people fall all over themselves for Apple products leads me to think nothing would be different if Verizon users had a chance to get a Jesus phone.

As for the 75% of the estimated 1.5 million launch phones being upgraders - I'm not sure how relevant that is (and that still means that 375k new users jumping on the bandwagon). I'm sure a lot of them are older versions that want new ones. How would that be any different than you upgrading to the latest and greatest Android phone when it's time for you to get a new phone? It's still a phone sold.

jonathanlc2005

May 4, 2010
Visit site
best idea ever to get iphone users 4g

Sprint could join up with sierra and make a direct modem that plugs into the charging port of that iPhone. It will allow sprint to sell wimax and have iphone users
Monthly plan would be cheap like 20 bucks for true unlimited and help network strain on att
***idea was by Jonathan2005*****

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
nah, doesn't sound worth it just for the iphone crowd. that's what the mifi or whatever the hell it's called, or devices that have wifi hotspot features.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95