1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 3GS on 4.1, should I update os?

I just bought a 3GS for my son to use with straight talk. Phone is stock and on 4.1. So far it is working great, I have not decided if I want to jailbreak it for the mms fix. However, it is still on iOS 4.1. Is there any good reason to leave it there, or should I go ahead and update to 5.1.1 and get the iMessage thing going instead of regular mms?

Sent using Tapatalk
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Anyone??

Sent using Tapatalk

I had iPhone on straight talk forever! I fell in love with Android and switched thus still on ST. Now your situation.

If you're gonna jailbreak anyways, I would update cuz almost everything in Cydia runs 5.0 IOS. plus you get the fancy notification bar. And setting the apn settings for ST is easier on a jailbroke os.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: 3GS on 4.1, should I update os?

iOS 5 was the peak of for the 3gs. I'm currently running 6.0 on mine and it's just not that worth it. Wishing I had the recourses to downgrade my os but alas I has no SHSHblobs for the 3gs.

iOS 6 is just too ram intensive for the 3gs. I have apps crash more than I would if I had the 4s or 5 just because the os is trying to give me more than 0.01 mb of free memory. Facebook is the most ram hogging app, that isn't a game, that you can download of the AppStore.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums