Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking Iphone Face Time....LIES

Just wanted to say ordered Evo on Sprints website last night!!
    So pumped!
    Also saw a facetime commercial.
    Now dont you need wifi to work it?
    Saw a lady doing an ultrasound while on facetime with hubby.
    Probably no wifi in that room....so LIES!!
    Aint gonna work.
    Cant wait to show up my siblings Iphone 4 with the EVO!!!!

Yes, the ultrasound thing was pretty big lie.

A. 99% of hospitals with wifi are not public wifi, it's using business-level RADIUS authentication.
    B. 99% of hospitals wouldn't let you use a phone like that during testing. Heck, many hospitals don't want your phones active in the hospital at all, 3G or wifi.

Not to burst your bubble, but the opposite is true, almost 99% of hospitals have public wifi now. And the whole cell phone in the hospital thing is a myth. Those studies that demonstrated interference were in the OR with analog phones and anesthesia equipment. You can use pretty much any phone in the hospital these days.

Quote Originally Posted by malhotra365 View Post
    Not to burst your bubble, but the opposite is true, almost 99% of hospitals have public wifi now. And the whole cell phone in the hospital thing is a myth. Those studies that demonstrated interference were in the OR with analog phones and anesthesia equipment. You can use pretty much any phone in the hospital these days.
    Every hospital in the Cincinnati area where I live works as I described. But.... not to burst your bubble or anything.

Every hospital I have worked in (physician) in Richmond, VA and Washington DC is free wifi. Actually I interviewed at University of Cincinnati and I believe they had free wifi for the patients.

The point is, it's clearly not 1% of hospitals, so the iphone commercial could easily be true

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

What commercial doesn't lie? Jesus, people, get a grip.

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

i dont think this thread was to validate how many hospitals have free public wifi.

OP, Welcome Aboard!

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

i dont care! im getting an EVO...pumped!!

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

I guess another point is ... Who says she is in a " hospital " she could be in a private physicians office( with Wi-Fi ) doing her thing .

Dude I love my EVO

Why does a Facetime commercial affect you so? It's not like it ended with a derogitory comment about your mother.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ok im sorry..im not so technical!!!
    i just know everytime i am in a hospital..no service and no wifi!!
    CHILL
    Thanked by:

I don't get it. Why do people become fanboys? Why, because you buy a certain brand of something, must you hate that brand's competitor(s)? It's an inanimate object people!

How is that Apple commercial any different from the Sprint commercials touting 4G? How much of America has Sprint's 4G coverage?

Global Posts
    1,225 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rockdawg View Post
    I don't get it. Why do people become fanboys? Why, because you buy a certain brand of something, must you hate that brand's competitor(s)? It's an inanimate object people!

How is that Apple commercial any different from the Sprint commercials touting 4G? How much of America has Sprint's 4G coverage?
    It's scary, isn't it? I'm not a big fan of Apple, but I appreciate that they build good products that are simple to use. I've used blackberries, winmo, palmos, webos, and now Android. They all have their pluses and minuses. They're all the "best phone" for certain people. Just go with what you like and don't hate on others.

On the other hand, Apple, like other companies, tends to exaggerate in their commercials. But people buy whatever they're selling...c'est la vie!
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

yeah my sis and bor both bought the iphone 4..my sis drops calls like crazy!! had to get the bumper,and same with my bro.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Every hospital I have been to here in town has free wifi aswell.

Very useful if your sitting in the ER for a few hours.
    Want to video chat on Fring ? Read the How-To guide here :
    How-To Video Chat on Fring !

If you need someone to help you test Fring out find yourself a Fring buddie here !
    Fring Buddies

Quote Originally Posted by malhotra365 View Post
    not true. i work at a manger hosp which the public is not really public because you have to call to get a login

My son was recently in the hospital for a few days, had his netbook there and we Skyped every day. So yeah hospitals have wi-fi.

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

The cake is a lie!!!

As a (former) hospital Network administrator you are both right. 99% of hospitals use a radius authentication for the network on which patient data travels due to HIPAA requirements, but most hospitals also have an unsecure or PSK secured network that patients and visitors can use physicaly or VLAN seperated from the patient data. This is how I set all of my hostpitals up.

Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    Why does a Facetime commercial affect you so? It's not like it ended with a derogitory comment about your mother.
    Apple sells apple products
    some people just don't like being limited by apple

Quote Originally Posted by dekcufi View Post
    Apple sells apple products
    some people just don't like being limited by apple
    That's understandable. Then don't buy their products which the OP obviously didn't. Case closed. Why get all bent over a commercial that isn't even incorrect?

That's understandable. Then don't buy their products which the OP obviously didn't. Case closed. Why get all bent over a commercial that isn't even incorrect?
    Unknown!
    Perhaps apple bashing is a time killer???
    I do find it amusing that people are buying apple products and suing because they don't work the way they should.... If it is defective and has signal issues DON'T BUY IT

Global Posts
    1,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Exactly. Because if that was the case, we'd all be getting all bent over due to just about ANY commercial out there. Last time I checked, Herbal Essences shampoo never gave me an orgasm.

Edit: I misread your quote and was going by the fact that most commercials ARE incorrect in one way or another. My point still stands.
    Current: Motorola Nexus 6, ASUS Nexus 7 (2013), Moto 360

Standby:
    Motorola Moto X (2013), Samsung Galaxy S3, LG Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Nexus One, ASUS Nexus 7 (2012), Motorola Xoom

Actually, I have an app on my iPhone 4 that will do the actual ultrasound. It also has that same realistic "through the clothing" x-ray technology they're using in airports now. Anyway...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast