Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Ry
  • 2 Post By dmmarck
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Default First generation iPad mini, fourth generation iPad announced

iPad mini essentially has the guts of the iPad 2.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: First generation iPad mini, fourth generation iPad announced

Thousands of IPad 3 owners got burnt. They'll be haters now lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

..just wanted to put an iPad thread in the right place.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kritin kapoor View Post
    Thousands of IPad 3 owners got burnt. They'll be haters now lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "iPad 3 owners know what it feels to be an Android user"
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Thanked by 2:
    dmmarck likes this.

Default First generation iPad mini, fourth generation iPad announced

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    "iPad 3 owners know what it feels to be an Android user"
    Nice one.

But as an Apple Mac user and iPad user, I'm disenchanted by almost ALL the announcements today.

iPad Mini = iPad 2 shrunk with 4G. This is 2 year old tech, what are they thinking??? Finally Apple has a competitor to the Nexus 7, and the Nexus 7 will eat its lunch ( as will most 7" Androids released in the last 9 months - Galaxy tab 7.7, Kindle HD, etc).

And, I am NOT ready to get lightning connectors. Great marketing move though, lots of people will buy this crap just to keep cable clutter down from multiple iOS devices using different connectors.

A retina MacBook Pro 13" - with intel HD 4000 graphics??? Oh, and now they soldered the RAM on the motherboard, AND put in a damn proprietary SSD?????!

And the battery - it has been replace at your own risk for years but not too difficult to do. Now, it's like 6 different modules, and GLUED to the case?????!!!

My 13" MacBook Pro has 8GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD - I added them myself on day 1. Now what you buy, is what you got. Oh and it's $1699?????!!!!

iMac is the only nifty thing with its new tiered SSD / HDD thing and significantly faster GPUs. But, I had planned to nix my iMac and use a MacBook Pro next upgrade.

And what's with the Mac Pro?? Not a peep on that front.

I think the new Apple = fail. Jobs made that company do all the right things, without him they really are nothing.

Sent from my iPod Shuffle
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by shady28 View Post
    Nice one.

But as an Apple Mac user and iPad user, I'm disenchanted by almost ALL the announcements today.

iPad Mini = iPad 2 shrunk with 4G. This is 2 year old tech, what are they thinking??? Finally Apple has a competitor to the Nexus 7, and the Nexus 7 will eat its lunch ( as will most 7" Androids released in the last 9 months - Galaxy tab 7.7, Kindle HD, etc).

And, I am NOT ready to get lightning connectors. Great marketing move though, lots of people will buy this crap just to keep cable clutter down from multiple iOS devices using different connectors.

A retina MacBook Pro 13" - with intel HD 4000 graphics??? Oh, and now they soldered the RAM on the motherboard, AND put in a damn proprietary SSD?????!

And the battery - it has been replace at your own risk for years but not too difficult to do. Now, it's like 6 different modules, and GLUED to the case?????!!!

My 13" MacBook Pro has 8GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD - I added them myself on day 1. Now what you buy, is what you got. Oh and it's $1699?????!!!!

iMac is the only nifty thing with its new tiered SSD / HDD thing and significantly faster GPUs. But, I had planned to nix my iMac and use a MacBook Pro next upgrade.

I think the new Apple = fail. Jobs made that company do all the right things, without him they really are nothing.

I said this on a social media website, but it bears repeating (as I type this on my 2011 Macbook Pro):

Only Apple could sell a 13" computer with less storage than an iPod Classic for $1700.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and kkapoorr like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shady28 View Post
    Nice one.

I haven't been blown away by any phones or tablets since the DROID and Eclair - regardless of brand.

People have such high expectations nowadays.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Cool, I'm gonna love this iPad mini.

I think that the only things the iPad mini has over the Nexus 7 in my opinion, is that lots of consumers aren't great or fussed about. technology. The biggest advantage of iOS is its simplicity. Personally though, I hate being so limited and having to jailbreak sucks and, I find Android so much better and open. Also, the iPad mini might be better for families who have young children who they want to buy for. The iPad software is simpler for them whereas Android might become a bit confusing.

The other thing is the App Store. I haven't missed any apps but some of the apps aren't quite as polished. There are apps that are actually better tablet optimized for tablets on Google play though, which some people don't realize, and there are more and better free apps on Android. For example, Bad Piggies, one of the top iOS paid apps, is completely free on Google play. Also, Play is catching up at a fast rate, so Apple devices probably won't be able to boast about the App Store when it does.

Also, I can't think of many specs where the Mini beats the Nexus. In fact, the Nexus wins by a mile in most areas.

Tom,

Sent from my wonderful Nexus 7 :-)