Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

They're both annoying.
    </awesome>

IPhone fanboys, even when the iPhone4 has major problems they still think that's its gods gift. Lol its cool cuz my evo has done plenty for me.

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

That was fun to read
    Samsung Galaxy S3 | Jedi Invasion |

ROM

Xbox all day son!!!!

Preferences List now!

Android, Ubuntu, Xbox

K GO!
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

We are all the same, we love our products and stand by them, but we do not come close to these iPhone fan boys, they are just plain stupid, they think iPhone = Holy Grail.
    They even carry the phone with certain swagger, and now they have to hold a cerain way also. And nothing seems to phase them, they still make excuses for iPhone, if this happened to EVO or any other new product from Android they be all over us with bats. But Android users would not make any excuses for Android, and that is the biggest difference between us.
    Get Android Enjoy The Freedom.

both

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

I think we are the new movement. Some people like it some dont.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Xbox all day son!!!!

Preferences List now!

Android, Ubuntu, Xbox

K GO!
    What the hell are you babbling about.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by pwnst_r View Post
    What the hell are you babbling about.

Im being that guy...

Ya Know the Fanboy
    Arrogant Linux Elitist

Fanboys of all types are annoying as hell. Each platform has its own unique merits and flaws. Use whatever you like and works for you. Brand loyalty for the sake of a brand is stupid.

In the past two years I went from WinMo to WebOS, and then to Android. I like both WebOS and Android, but switched over to the Hero and then the Evo because nothing was happening hardware-wise on Palm's side. If Palm comes out with killer hardware next year, I'll switch back. And when the next Android superphone comes out, I'll switch again.

I also own an iPod Touch and an iPad, and like certain things about iOS as well. Screw being a fanboy, just use what you like.

Global Posts
    587 Global Posts

Both.

When you ignore fact and reason, your annoying. In the same breath, blind faith and loyalty is equally irritating.
    What I don't understand is why, if you don't have stock in either platform, does one spend so much time and energy trying to convince someone, that the platform they use is better?
    Live and let live.

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

The interesting thing is that it's not as simple as "Android vs. iPhone" anymore. Incredible owners bash EVO owners, EVO owners bash potential Droid X or Epic 4G owners. The bottom line is that human beings use emotions (whether they realize it or not) to help them make just about every decision in their day to day lives. Deciding what phone to buy is no different. So now you have this subconscious emotional attachment to the phone. What happens when someone or something conflicts with that attachment? Irrational emotional response of course!

IMHO opinion fanboys are annoying, but not such a bad thing. If there weren't fanboys, then that'd mean we were all cold calculating logic driven beings (much more likely to be serial killers as well :P ).

Quote Originally Posted by Makad View Post
    When you ignore fact and reason, your annoying. In the same breath, blind faith and loyalty is equally irritating.
    What I don't understand is why, if you don't have stock in either platform, does one spend so much time and energy trying to convince someone, that the platform they use is better?
    Live and let live.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    If there weren't fanboys, then that'd mean we were all cold calculating logic driven beings (much more likely to be serial killers as well :P ).
    Or Vulcans

Quote Originally Posted by joek1971 View Post
    iphone = Holy Grail.
    They even carry the phone with certain swagger, and now they have to hold a cerain way also. And nothing seems to phase them, they still make excuses for iPhone.
    Yes I have witnessed one with the swagger. I was in a restaurant and pulled out my EVO, checking email. This guy adjacent to me then whipped out his iphone 4 and started fooling with it. He then looked me up and down and continued playing with his phone. After the initial look, it was as if my EVO and myself were dog **** to him.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    Im being that guy...

Ya Know the Fanboy
    Right over my head, lol ^_^

Global Posts
    4,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Bazinga!

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

What could be more clear? Iphone users are retards.

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

All fanboys get under my skin somehow...I feel like it's not my place to tell you how to spend your money.

Get what you like and enjoy it
    Samsung Galaxy S3 | Jedi Invasion |

At least we know what iphone, WM, and symbian are...they don't even know what android is. They know what google phone (G1) is but they don't know what android is.

iPhone fanboys are the worst hands down. Oh don't run into someone who has a Mac, iPhone and iPod Touch and or iPad...those individuals are scary. I have never seen so many people just fall under the hypnotic spell of one entity and rant and rave so proudly. I broke down and finally bought a Mac Book Pro early this year and quite a few friends of mine whom are loyal Steve Jobs' Drones were all saying "Welcome to the World that is Apple." No lie. Its like being welcomed into a mindless cult. The more alarming part about all of this is that when I bought it at the Apple store where I live in Cleveland Ohio, is that if you are a first time Mac buyer they start this chant or whatever and let the whole store know you purchased your first Mac and they get the whole store to clap for you...again no lie. iFanboys are the worst and scariest.

Quote Originally Posted by Makad View Post
    Yes I have witnessed one with the swagger. I was in a restaurant and pulled out my EVO, checking email. This guy adjacent to me then whipped out his iphone 4 and started fooling with it. He then looked me up and down and continued playing with his phone. After the initial look, it was as if my EVO and myself were dog **** to him.
    I have had a similar experience. The first day I got my EVO (June 4th), I went over to my friends house where my girlfriend, her sister, cousin, cousin's wife, and cousin's son were. They are ALL iPhone lovers. When I walked everyone was real quiet, then when I whipped my EVO out, the looks of disgust came across all of them. Then the assult began: "What the f**k is that?" "You traitor!" "Your phone sucks." "F**k 4G, who cares." "It's not as responsive as the iPhone." "So what if you can multitask, so can iOS4 when it comes out." It was like walking into a firing squad.

Being as the EVO is my first android phone, I did not have much to counter these iphone lovers with. A month later, they are all jealous. Theyre jealous of the starfield live wallpaper, twitter widget, automatic syncs of twitter and facebook, and best of all...the Nose Candy app. They all love the app, but can't get it because its banned in the iphone app market.
    Virgin Mobile Arc -> HTC EVO 4G

Both Android and Apple users can be quite defensive at times. Neither seems to be any better or worse than the other, but I have noticed that iPhone people seem to complain less about their product. If you go to the BlackBerry forum, its all complaints. Android users pit devices on a pedestal and then shoot them down. IPhone fans seem to love their devices no matter the issues. I don't know if that's good or bad.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast