iOS 7 vs Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
dont know if anyone watched apple keynote, they announced iOS7, and this is something totally new. iPhone was always the same, but not anymore, they started to compete with android I guess.

I have new N4 but now I started to think about iPhone, oh :(((((

Am I the only one or?

iMore.com | The #1 Site for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple TV owners for more info

I know this is not iPhone forum, but I am on android and this iOS7 is really a goog competitor to android os

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have always liked Apple products, especially the iPhone. I have owned almost every iteration of the iPhone, but to get excited about iOS 7 from what was presented is a stretch for me because I really don't see how the improved on their operating system outside of making the UI look better. And it does look a lot better in my opinion. What bothers me is that the direction they seem to be going in is where Android already is. Is hoping for something new. I don't particularly like Windows phone, but at least they did something different.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I have always liked Apple products, especially the iPhone. I have owned almost every iteration of the iPhone, but to get excited about iOS 7 from what was presented is a stretch for me because I really don't see how the improved on their operating system outside of making the UI look better. And it does look a lot better in my opinion. What bothers me is that the direction they seem to be going in is where Android already is. Is hoping for something new. I don't particularly like Windows phone, but at least they did something different.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

If I had the opportunity, I'd probably buy a Windows Phone. I love my Nexus as I've said countless times, but Windows intrigues me, and exactly as you said they did something different.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
dont know if anyone watched apple keynote, they announced iOS7, and this is something totally new. iPhone was always the same, but not anymore, they started to compete with android I guess.

I have new N4 but now I started to think about iPhone, oh :(((((
What have they really added that Android does not already have (and better)?

Still no widgets. Still no 3rd party app integration. They added a live wallpaper that you cannot change. I suppose it is better than nothing, but it is certainly not innovative and not something we have all not seen before years ago.

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
What have they really added that Android does not already have (and better)?

Still no widgets. Still no 3rd party app integration. They added a live wallpaper that you cannot change. I suppose it is better than nothing, but it is certainly not innovative and not something we have all not seen before years ago.

I didn't say they added something that android doesn't have. I said they added things which they didnt have in previous versions. And they finally look more opened now, they compete with android actually now, before they didnt.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I didn't watch, but I did see a few pictures and it it looks cool! Not enough to make me switch, but it also makes me think that they often just change the way the UI looks. And that's about it.

Sent from Galaxy-Note... The 2nd One!

loosecannon6

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
All I was thinking was wow looks familiar with the lock screen floating bubbles almost looks like the holo theme new toggle widget wow ios7 just became android lol but what had me dying was the chart of 93% iOS users are up to date while most android users are using an operating system from 2010 funny thing is that 3yr operating system is still ahead of ios7

sent from my nexus 4 or nexus 7

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
This does not apply to me because I had already made the switch from Android to iOS but man! I watched the event live on my Apple TV and iOS7 is flat out a winner! Almost everything I was waiting for has been delivered, iOS7 is the real deal!

mamutarka

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Um, how?

How are they "more opened?"

What makes Apple better poised to compete with Android with iOS7 that they were unable to do with iOS6?

toggle options, full multitasking, lock screen notification and other things shown at wwdc.

I am not saying that ios 7 is better then jelly bean, but they showed some progress in my opinion

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
- Multitasking for all apps.
- Updated AirDrop.

If you're expecting Apple to match Android's level of openness, you're expecting way too much.

I'm not disputing the improvements, I'm merely attempting to point out to the user I originally quoted that nothing about iOS7 seems more open than prior iterations of iOS.

iOS is a lot of things, but we all know open isn't one of them.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not disputing the improvements, I'm merely attempting to point out to the user I originally quoted that nothing about iOS7 seems more open than prior iterations of iOS.

iOS is a lot of things, but we all know open isn't one of them.

Relative to the previous version, just multitasking for all apps makes iOS 7 more open than iOS 6.

Posted via Android Central App

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
It looks a lot better than the previous version, but not seeing anything other than catch up attempts. Unless you think parallax is useful. Still a boring grid of apps in general.

And I get real tired of them telling me how beautiful or wonderful or really really great everything is.

Last edited:

Tele_Phone

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Imo they just made what they already had a little bit prettier. I like what they have done and I do think they took a big step. IOS is IOS and Android is android. Unless an android user is torn between the two ALL the time I dont believe this will compete for android lifers. This fresh look is really nice but just not enough against the customization power of android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie