iOS 7 vs Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
This is were I am starting to think you guys are wrong. The more I look into this and talk to other devs around me, a common theme is occuring.

They aren't trying to catch up to Android, they are trying to catch up the JailBreak community. Apple is never going to be open with IOS, like Google is with Android. Jailbreaking brings a lot of instability to IOS. These are the features a lot of Jailbreakers go after. Axxo, More Gesture controls of the operating system etc. Yes some Jailbreakers go after theming and customization.

If Apple wanted to be IOS to be like Android, they would have gone after that also.

Now were they may go after the Android OEMs is releasing a larger iPhone to appease those like myself, who made the switch because of their tiny screen size.

In keeping with the title and topic of the thread we're not wrong. The OP is looking for Android vs iOS not iOS vs Jailbroken iOS. As android users in an Android forum, naturally we're going to feel that this update doesn't bring it on par with Android 4.2. We're not really discussing how Apple feels about it here. But as I said in my last post, I can understand existing iPhone owners being much more excited about this update

Carl Sanchez

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I like that 3d effect on the ui, I need to hold it in my hand to see if it's really as breathtaking as it is in the video demo

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is were I am starting to think you guys are wrong. The more I look into this and talk to other devs around me, a common theme is occuring.

They aren't trying to catch up to Android, they are trying to catch up the JailBreak community. Apple is never going to be open with IOS, like Google is with Android. Jailbreaking brings a lot of instability to IOS. These are the features a lot of Jailbreakers go after. Axxo, More Gesture controls of the operating system etc. Yes some Jailbreakers go after theming and customization.

If Apple wanted to be IOS to be like Android, they would have gone after that also.

Now were they may go after the Android OEMs is releasing a larger iPhone to appease those like myself, who made the switch because of their tiny screen size.

Spot on with what I've underlined. Seems like the Android camp won't see Apple "competing" unless they open up like Google has with Android. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Last edited:

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Scot forestall was a control freak. they fired him last year and had 6-8 months to over haul iOS. they will define and keep on adding new features from now on. The new Apple without Jobs and Scott forestall excites me.

Posted via Android Central App

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, if they can make iOS look and feel like android, id go back to iphone simply for the better battery life. I have yet to find a way to make my nexus 4 last as long as my iphone 5 did.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Isn't it beautiful how each android owner has so many options to do with as they please? :)

At the expense of massive issues. Like how my bloody Nexus 4 froze up and I couldn't turn it off. Yeah,no thanks I don't want the type of control that allows the device to get that messed up

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, if they can make iOS look and feel like android, id go back to iphone simply for the better battery life. I have yet to find a way to make my nexus 4 last as long as my iphone 5 did.
Yes I agree it sucks that Google did not design the nexus with a replaceable/upgradable battery.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
At the expense of massive issues. Like how my bloody Nexus 4 froze up and I couldn't turn it off. Yeah,no thanks I don't want the type of control that allows the device to get that messed up

Trust me, this isn't the "norm". EVERY device has had its occasional issue. Yes, even Apple....remember antennagate? Don't judge a whole line of Android phones with one bad experience. When manufacturers release millions of mass produced phones, your bound to have a few faulty ones slip through the Quality Control cracks.

tap'n

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't even care about a replaceable battery, I just want a bigger one.
A replaceable battery would allow you to do that.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S3 4300mAh Extended Battery and Cover - Pebble Blue and Extended TPU Case - Black and External Battery Charger w/ USB Output (Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S III GT-i9300, AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung i747, Verizon Samsu

I have had them before, and they are awesome. Going days between charges without having to turn stuff off is such a luxury.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes, iPhones never have freezing issues. That is clearly only an Android problem.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2478296?start=15&tstart=0
What Do I Do If My iPhone Freezes Up? | eHow
iPhone freezes on scrolling / Problems / Discussion Area - Conqu Support
My iphone 5 keeps freezing - Iphone Help Zone

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this isn't related but since we are on the topic of iOS 7

Can anyone recommend an good icon pack that would make the icons on my phone flatter?
i already have MIUI and Stark but i would like something where all the icons aren't squared off.

Status
Not open for further replies.