My Rant on the iPhone 5s

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I think it may be a little too early to deem the 5c a failure. A year from now we can look back and see if it was popular or not.

The Order Odonata. There can be only one.

The hilarious thing I see is that the iPhone 5 is $100 now and it's better than the 5C. That's a huge fail on Apple's part, of course people are going to choose the 5 over 5c (at least I would assume so, I know I would)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The hilarious thing I see is that the iPhone 5 is $100 now and it's better than the 5C. That's a huge fail on Apple's part, of course people are going to choose the 5 over 5c (at least I would assume so, I know I would)

I haven't been keeping up...how is the 5 better than the 5c? The aluminum body doesn't really make it better, in my book, not THAT aluminum body...it's soft and scratch prone. I'm not sure what the other differences in specs are.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been keeping up...how is the 5 better than the 5c? The aluminum body doesn't really make it better, in my book, not THAT aluminum body...it's soft and scratch prone. I'm not sure what the other differences in specs are.

Well there's tradeoffs for both. With the 5c you get the m7 chip, but with the 5 you get high quality metal. But mostly it's high quality metal over low quality plastic. It's basically a 5 they put in plastic and chucked in a few little things. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want to be seen with a 5c. It just looks cheap, they didn't even bother making the plastic nice. At least with my s3 the plastic is glossy and looks nice. All of my friends love my s3 (except my best friend who is a diehard apple fan).

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well there's tradeoffs for both. With the 5c you get the m7 chip, but with the 5 you get high quality metal. But mostly it's high quality metal over low quality plastic. It's basically a 5 they put in plastic and chucked in a few little things. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want to be seen with a 5c. It just looks cheap, they didn't even bother making the plastic nice. At least with my s3 the plastic is glossy and looks nice. All of my friends love my s3 (except my best friend who is a diehard apple fan).

I don't see the 5c being marketed to men, really. I see it marketed toward kids and teens, and maybe ladies that want some color. It doesn't even come in black. How could it not even come in black? ...because if you want black (you want sophisticated) then you'z getz to by the 5s. Apple knows what its doing.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

The 5C also has a bigger battery then the iPhone 5 plus it also has a 1.9 front facer compared to the 1.3 to the iPhone 5. They have improved it a bit. But I feel they should have made the A6 in the 5C 64 bit as well.

Posted via Android Central App

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
So I in all this, I missed the part about rooting being the solutions to carriers.

Since that is the case, can anybody and I mean anybody, because all of XDA wants to know:

Has anybody found a way to put a custom rom on the ATT Galaxy S4 with MF3.

Because since its released which has been for a while now it hasn't happen. And with these phone makers increasing security to governmental regulations, long term it might not be the case longer.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
The 5C also has a bigger battery then the iPhone 5 plus it also has a 1.9 front facer compared to the 1.3 to the iPhone 5. They have improved it a bit. But I feel they should have made the A6 in the 5C 64 bit as well.

That would require the chip to be modified, it isn't as easy as one would think. The cores, everything basically, would have to be redesigned and rebuilt for it to be 64 bit.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
So I in all this, I missed the part about rooting being the solutions to carriers.

Since that is the case, can anybody and I mean anybody, because all of XDA wants to know:

Has anybody found a way to put a custom rom on the ATT Galaxy S4 with MF3.

Because since its released which has been for a while now it hasn't happen. And with these phone makers increasing security to governmental regulations, long term it might not be the case longer.

I honestly haven't been keeping track of it, but I know it's a problem. I also know the developers are hard at work to unlock it. AT&T knows that when people root they lose money (all those bloatware apps are perfect if somebody actually opens them and starts the trial). I really hate all the carriers, they keep screwing with my stuff. That's why I buy factory unlocked usually if I have the money to throw down, I just hate how they mess with everything

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
That would require the chip to be modified, it isn't as easy as one would think. The cores, everything basically, would have to be redesigned and rebuilt for it to be 64 bit.

Point taken. Still. The 5C should have just had more stuff over the 5 to make it a product worth releasing.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I guess....

On a side note: see? I'm not a blind Apple fanboy, I can see when they royally screw stuff up as well.

I don't believe I've ever given you the compliment of being a blind Apple fanboy (see, it's all in how you look at it :)) Companies are made out of people. ...and people are fallible. There's nothing wrong with having a favored tech company/platform as long as you're realistic in your support, can remain objective, and absorb criticism. At least that's my perspective. ...and ignorant I still am.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe I've ever given you the compliment of being a blind Apple fanboy (see, it's all in how you look at it :)) Companies are made out of people. ...and people are fallible. There's nothing wrong with having a favored tech company/platform as long as you're realistic in your support, can remain objective, and absorb criticism. At least that's my perspective. ...and ignorant I still am.

Sorry yeah, that was DroidArmy giving me that compliment;)

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry yeah, that was DroidArmy giving me that compliment;)

Yes, that's my fault. I've always been stubborn, you backing up Apple yesterday (or it might have been 2 days ago) made me frustrated. When I'm calm I usually make rational comments that make sense and have the proper information, but when I'm not sometimes I throw out comments that weren't really edited well.

I can see you're not an Apple fanboy who supports their every move, you do agree they've messed up with some things. I have a hard time agreeing anything is wrong with Samsung (unless it's really bad). That's just because I'm probably one of the biggest Samsung fanboys out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol