My Rant on the iPhone 5s

Status
Not open for further replies.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Those are universal apps that are built with multiple layouts, you basically use the backend code but design layouts for each.
Here is a screenshot of the setup.

Then IOS requires two sets of assets one for standard resolution and the second for 2x resolutions.

What most do is make the 2x resolution first then scale it down to 1x resolution.

No, you don't get it. I'm talking about apps that are specifically designed for iPhones and not iPads and thus need to be blown up to fit the iPad's screen. You know, the apps with the little "1x" or "2x" buttons in the corner.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
No, you don't get it. I'm talking about apps that are specifically designed for iPhones and not iPads and thus need to be blown up to fit the iPad's screen. You know, the apps with the little "1x" or "2x" buttons in the corner.

Yeah what about them? They are now far and rare between.

Posted via Android Central App

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
All developers are gonna update for the iOS 7 design ethos. Then as a result of just graphically redesigning the app they, by extension will have a 64 bit app.

My guess is most of the developers will make minimal changes. They'll just prepare it for ios 7 and release it. There isn't that much that needs to be done unlike the release of the iPhone 5

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Not in my experience either. I've seen apps with that a few times

Those are phone apps that were dragged into the iPad. You can not buy those directly from the store. I did that with Streetfighter 4 because it wasn't available for the iPad at the time.

It looked stretched out and distorted, just like an Android app designed for the phone.

Developers don't turn that on, it is something Apple built into the iPad for people who did that.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

My job required me to use one for a while, but I recently argued myself out of it and I only need my Galaxy now. I'm not a huge fan of carrying an ipad around all day

That is what the Note 3 is for!!!!

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Same experience.
You have an iPad?

About one-third of the apps I've installed on the iPad I was using aren't available in iPad versions. This isn't an exaggeration.

- - - Updated - - -

Those are phone apps that were dragged into the iPad. You can not buy those directly from the store. I did that with Streetfighter 4 because it wasn't available for the iPad at the time.

It looked stretched out and distorted, just like an Android app designed for the phone.

Developers don't turn that on, it is something Apple built into the iPad for people who did that.

I was able to download any iPhone app from the App Store on an iPad; not sure if it's changed now. This was about a year ago.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
About one-third of the apps I've installed on the iPad I was using aren't available in iPad versions. This isn't an exaggeration.

- - - Updated - - -

I was able to download any iPhone app from the App Store on an iPad; not sure if it's changed now. This was about a year ago.

Yes, that has changed now

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, a lot has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.