Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By abazigal
  • 1 Post By apollooff320
  • 1 Post By Farish
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool How does this Cannibalistic company do this every time? LOL

Let me start by saying that I have no loyalty to a certain brand nor manufacturer but I see the best overall experience possible. Also let me state that I know that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, however, I just can't get how the masses of ingorant people can't see what this company does.

Apple's new 5s annoucement was just a minimal as all of their other announcements between phone versions and the crowds go wild yet again. This company im sure realizes huge economies of scale as it makes virtually no hardware changes in between phone versions. Just think about it..Apple basically throws a different processor within the same caseing of the prior model. This allows the company to realize huge profit margins as these caseings have basically been manufactured through its lowest price point possible (economies of scale)with little invested in design changes and R&D. And lets not even talk about the screen that hasn't changed WOW

Forward to the 5c - Apple essentially will realize even more profit because basically what they did was discontinue the Iphones back caseing and substituted it with plastic. Now they don't have to use metal resources on both the Iphone 5s and what would have been the 99$ Iphone 5.

From a business standpoint this is all brilliance as a company but I tend to totally dislike a company that preys on the ingorance of the average gullible human. I will never be able to understand how there are so many ignorant people in this world.. LOL

Default Re: How does this Cannibalistic company do this every time? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    Forward to the 5c - Apple essentially will realize even more profit because basically what they did was discontinue the Iphones back caseing and substituted it with plastic. Now they don't have to use metal resources on both the Iphone 5s and what would have been the 99$ Iphone 5.
    I'll bet if you look at all the people in the world rather than just those in the US, you'd find that the 5C is one of the most exciting Apple announcements since the original iPhone. Investors will think it's the best thing they've ever put out because the whole point is to be able to successfully market it to a vast majority of the population of the planet rather than just a fraction of people (normal iPhones are restrictively expensive in many areas of the world, like China) and people who, in the past couldn't afford iPhones because they cost ~2X as much as a comparable Android phone will be excited to have another choice.

Part of the whole point of the iPhone 5c, is that they would sell the phone for around 350-400 dollars in lower end markets like China and still maintain a fair amount of profit.

What you fail to understand, is that when people like me buy a product, we don't concern ourselves with how much margins the company is earning, but whether it provides value for money. For example, the beans used in brewing Starbucks coffee cost less than a cent per cup, but people still pay $10 for a cup because they like it and are willing to fork out the premium for it.

Apple is clearly operating along the assumption that most users will upgrade their phone once every 2 years. In this context, it makes little sense to radically change your phone's design every year. For me, this represents a substantial upgrade from my 4s.

Also, for the 5C, I don't see Apple saving that much. Material costs amount for only a very small part of the overall cost of an iphone. What Apple is likely doing, is trying to repackage their iphone5 so people think they are getting a brand new model, and not settling for a compromise like last year's model.
    monkeyluis likes this.

I think there are better things in life to concern yourself with than worrying about what a phone a consumer uses. Apple is not the only company that does this. So move on.

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    Apple's new 5s annoucement was just a minimal as all of their other announcements between phone versions and the crowds go wild yet again.
    What crowd is this?

The reception has been universally negative to lukewarm at best. Even from iPhone users such as myself. And most indicative, the performance of their stocks following the keynote.

I love the 5S. Doesn't make me stupid.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by abazigal View Post
    Also, for the 5C, I don't see Apple saving that much. Material costs amount for only a very small part of the overall cost of an iphone. What Apple is likely doing, is trying to repackage their iphone5 so people think they are getting a brand new model, and not settling for a compromise like last year's model.
    By repackaging the iPhone 5 into the iPhone 5c, Apple frees up more high-precision machinery that can be used for making the iPhone 5s. This way Apple will keep up with demand.

I think Apple really only wants people to buy the 5s. Still, if people ask for a cheaper iPhone, Apple will simply point to the 5c. If Apple faced overwhelming competition to a point where they were losing customers left and right, it could simply drop the price of the 5c to entice people into iOS. Of course, Apple will do everything in its power to avoid doing this because it's primary revenue comes from hardware. However, they do have options in case the market changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    By repackaging the iPhone 5 into the iPhone 5c, Apple frees up more high-precision machinery that can be used for making the iPhone 5s. This way Apple will keep up with demand.

I think Apple really only wants people to buy the 5s. Still, if people ask for a cheaper iPhone, Apple will simply point to the 5c. If Apple faced overwhelming competition to a point where they were losing customers left and right, it could simply drop the price of the 5c to entice people into iOS. Of course, Apple will do everything in its power to avoid doing this because it's primary revenue comes from hardware. However, they do have options in case the market changes.
    Excellent analysis. Don't forget that Apple recently started making a profit from iTunes and the App Store. I think if they push their content more then it is a possibility for them to be even more profitable.

pretty stupid to say it's the same hardware. Most ppl are upgrading from a iphone 4 or 4s. That's a major spec bump and the design is different and it includes the finger print scanner. The only thing that looks the same in iphones is the face of the phone, because once you turn them to the side or back you can see their differences. When you play with the software you see the speed differences of the devices also. Just because they didn't add hand waving or some other weird gimmick that most ppl won't use doesn't mean their not doing anything.
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.

The only ignorant people will be the ones that upgrade from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 5c. That isn't smart IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    The only ignorant people will be the ones that upgrade from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 5c. That isn't smart IMO.

Totally agree, they are getting the same thing.

5c might be good for young teens getting their first phone though... Ah who am I kidding. Kids are getting their first phone by age 9 nowadays lol

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post

Or people who really love the color Blue.
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.