Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By John Flud
  • 1 Post By fillmore.east
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moving Android to iPhone

Hi All,

I have been heavy user of Android but since I have got iPhone 5 as a gift and currently i am struggling to sort out few things.

1. Music and Music player - I use poweramp in Android where i can hear any music in Android from any folders. Do we have same kind app in ios? I am not able to figure out how can i listen internet downloaded songs, iTune downloaded songs or copy songs from NAS drive to iPhone all together using one app without using PC with itunes. After long search i found a file browser through which i can access my NAS from iPhone and download the songs but can not paste them in iTune library. It is so frustrating.

2. Google contacts - How can i sync my google contacts with iPhone?

3. How can i sync facebook images with contacts?

Thanks in advance.

JM

Default Re: Moving Android to iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by pdacrazy View Post
    Hi All,

I have been heavy user of Android but since I have got iPhone 5 as a gift and currently i am struggling to sort out few things.

1. Music and Music player - I use poweramp in Android where i can hear any music in Android from any folders. Do we have same kind app in ios? I am not able to figure out how can i listen internet downloaded songs, iTune downloaded songs or copy songs from NAS drive to iPhone all together using one app without using PC with itunes. After long search i found a file browser through which i can access my NAS from iPhone and download the songs but can not paste them in iTune library. It is so frustrating.
    are your songs on googles cloud? if so there's an app called melodies that can log into your google cloud and play them. if the songs are on your computer, just open iTunes, then drag the folders with the songs on top of itunes. then after they load, sync your iphone. if your music is on your android phone only, you either need to get it up to google cloud via the phone and then use melodies, or drag them to the computer.

2. Google contacts - How can i sync my google contacts with iPhone?
    https://support.google.com/a/users/answer/138740?hl=en

3. How can i sync facebook images with contacts?

Thanks in advance.

JM
    open settings app, scroll down to facebook, select and then enter your facebook ID and password. then you should have an option to update all contacts. it will not only sync pictures but anybodys phone numbers birthdays and other stuff they have on facebook. automatically.

also join us at iMore. plenty of folks there, smarter than I. you'll get all kinds of help.

also you can visit any apple store and get free help. apple has awesome customer service. They'll even help you set the phone up and get your contacts off the old one and everything. you may have to make an appointment but its free.
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.

Google sync no longer works with iOS devices. Which is a shame because it was awesome for syncing calender, contacts and mostly gmail. But you can still sync calender and contacts this way... https://support.google.com/mail/answer/3008051?hl=en
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.

Hi. If anyone wants to see how this iLauncher works on Android before purchasing it then check out my review of it running on the HTC One and the HTC One Mini. A link to the video is below. Please share this so many people will be aware of it and will know what to expect before purchasing it.

iLauncher (iOS7) for Android Review:

Quote Originally Posted by ecartman12 View Post
    Hi. If anyone wants to see how this iLauncher works on Android before purchasing it then check out my review of it running on the HTC One and the HTC One Mini. A link to the video is below. Please share this so many people will be aware of it and will know what to expect before purchasing it.

iLauncher (iOS7) for Android Review:
    That's like buying a Chinese rip off. Minds well get the real thing because it sure isn't running ios apps.
    Thanked by: