Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Default Re: Apple iPhones grrr

I honestly haven't seen that myself. The "basics" of Android, Windows AND Apple phones are SO similar, (to quote the old Geico commercial) "even a caveman can do it".

tap'n
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    The difference is, with android you can get a phone with a smaller screen.
    Can you name one with the same specs as a flagship phone, like an HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4? I'd like to recommend one to my friends who want a screen size at 4 inches or less. The HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 has screen sizes of 4.7 inches and 5 inches, respectively, so they're too big for my friends. Until something smaller comes out, I think they'll just stick to their iPhones.

Global Posts
    6,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    Can you name one with the same specs as a flagship phone, like an HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4? I'd like to recommend one to my friends who want a screen size at 4 inches or less. The HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 has screen sizes of 4.7 inches and 5 inches, respectively, so they're too big for my friends. Until something smaller comes out, I think they'll just stick to their iPhones.
    The HTC One Mini and S4 Mini both seem to make significant compromises in quality for their smaller size. On Verizon (useless to 70% or so of the country) the Droid Mini is 4.3 and doesn't make any processing compromises compared to the Ultra. For some reason most OEM's treat "mini" as "second class".
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,145 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    On Verizon (useless to 70% or so of the country)
    What does that mean?

Global Posts
    6,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    What does that mean?
    Most of the country is not on Verizon and thus the droids don't help them.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,145 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Most of the country is not on Verizon and thus the droids don't help them.

I am confused. Verizon has either the most or second most customers in the U.S..
    CR6 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I am confused. Verizon has either the most or second most customers in the U.S..
    Yes, you're right, but its still usually around 30%, so most of the country is not on Verizon.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,145 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Verizon has about 98 million customers, and it covers about 95% of the population. What is there about those numbers that make their coverage useless? That would mean every other carrier is really useless.
    CR6 likes this.

Global Posts
    6,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Verizon has about 98 million customers, and it covers about 95% of the population. What is there about those numbers that make their coverage useless? That would mean every other carrier is really useless.
    I mean that what they do with exclusive devices has no direct impact on the majority of the people. You can't easily buy and use a droid without using Verizon service. It can be done but the average consumer never will know how or think to try it.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,145 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I mean that what they do with exclusive devices has no direct impact on the majority of the people. You can't easily buy and use a droid without using Verizon service. It can be done but the average consumer never will know how or think to try it.

Oh, I see what you mean. I need to wake up!
    Darth Spock likes this.

Global Posts
    6,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Oh, I see what you mean. I need to wake up!
    I was wondering if I'd started posting in Italian lol

CR6 likes this.

The HTC One Mini and S4 Mini both seem to make significant compromises in quality for their smaller size. On Verizon (useless to 70% or so of the country) the Droid Mini is 4.3 and doesn't make any processing compromises compared to the Ultra. For some reason most OEM's treat "mini" as "second class".
    I agree. I think the Android manufacturers want people to buy the bigger phones because presumably they are more expensive (and thus, more profitable).

Also, it's funny how the 4.3 inch Droid Mini is considered small these days. I remember when the HTC Evo came out a few years back. That also had a 4.3 inch screen with a kickstand. I thought it was huge at the time! To be fair, though, the HTC Evo probably had bigger bezels, too. A lot of companies are shrinking the bezels on their phones these days.

I am thinking that Apple will release an iPhone with a bigger screen once they can get a screen panel with a high pixel density. Making those types of panels can be a challenge, so Apple will probably wait until they can get it right. Anyway, I don't think people were expecting huge design changes in an "S" phone. Those will probably come in the iPhone 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott7217 View Post
    I agree. I think the Android manufacturers want people to buy the bigger phones because presumably they are more expensive (and thus, more profitable).

Also, it's funny how the 4.3 inch Droid Mini is considered small these days. I remember when the HTC Evo came out a few years back. That also had a 4.3 inch screen with a kickstand. I thought it was huge at the time! To be fair, though, the HTC Evo probably had bigger bezels, too. A lot of companies are shrinking the bezels on their phones these days.

I am thinking that Apple will release an iPhone with a bigger screen once they can get a screen panel with a high pixel density. Making those types of panels can be a challenge, so Apple will probably wait until they can get it right. Anyway, I don't think people were expecting huge design changes in an "S" phone. Those will probably come in the iPhone 6.
    I feel like a lot of people were which surprises me as the design change would definitely come on the 6

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    I feel like a lot of people were which surprises me as the design change would definitely come on the 6
    People are always expecting more from Apple. In fact, I often hear people complain that Apple is "holding back" on features just so they can add them in next year's phone. I don't know if those complaints are justified. All I know is that the iPhone tends to sell well, and Apple is happy with their sales figures. I'm sure if the management of Apple felt threatened by their competitors, Apple will just hasten the release cycle. Maybe we'll get two iPhone releases every year instead of one. It's possible, for sure.

64 bit processor is huge, but I still feel as though android is ahead of apple now, especially with a one year cycle.

Thats great that the iphone is 64 bit and have sold billions and are going to have a bigger screen but when do you think I will be able to text my family without problems.
    CR6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubleawt Doubleawt View Post
    but when do you think I will be able to text my family without problems.
    LOL! Quote of the day!

tap'n

I don't like iPhones and would never dream of buying one but I have to admit the first 4 iPhones were pretty impressive at the time. Like many Apple users say, since Steve's death Apple has lost its creative spark. All they seem to try and do now is revamp old technology (for example fingerprint scanners) and make every new product "slightly thinner than the last" Apple need to get back on track otherwise they will be in the same position as Nokia was 6 years ago, lost in the technological abyss.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Motogameruk View Post
    I don't like iPhones and would never dream of buying one but I have to admit the first 4 iPhones were pretty impressive at the time. Like many Apple users say, since Steve's death Apple has lost its creative spark. All they seem to try and do now is revamp old technology (for example fingerprint scanners) and make every new product "slightly thinner than the last" Apple need to get back on track otherwise they will be in the same position as Nokia was 6 years ago, lost in the technological abyss.

Posted via Android Central App
    I think Apple have been trailblazers in what is the current smartphone market. I have to agree. Steve Jobs was Apple, and can never be replaced IMHO. I think Apple is no longer innovating, while Samsung and HTC are. JMTC.

Sent from my SGH-I717M using AC Forums mobile app
    CR6 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs13 View Post
    I think Apple have been trailblazers in what is the current smartphone market. I have to agree. Steve Jobs was Apple, and can never be replaced IMHO. I think Apple is no longer innovating, while Samsung and HTC are. JMTC.

HTC and Samsung inovatted what, exactly? (since Steve Jobs died - iOS has ventured into most car manufactures THIS YEAR, Perfectly running 64-bit processor, Flawless FingerPrint technology (not the old useless fingerprint technology that was before), A screen that's usable in direct sunlight, while facilitating every objective rant out there (i.e. motion sickness, really? If you got motion sickness from a 2-D screen - apple really got something to look so realistic that it affected people's stomach, lol). It's AppStore, iOS is so secure that users do NOT need Anti-malware-virus programs - OTHERS still need to catch up with that. APPLE is still light years ahead of the updating process, while facilitating real face to face assistance to consumers... The only thing Apple has trouble doing is building enough phones even if they did ready a million more then last time for the launch.....

Yeh pick one item that apple or it's users care nothing about, and disregard a plethora of advancement, then call Apple lagging behind... unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs13 View Post

I too would like to hear what HTC and Samsung are innovating at. Bigger screens? Fingerprint sensors that are clumsy and ridiculous? The innovation word is thrown around by a bunch of people who don't know what it means.

I think that in the Android world, the Moto X is actual innovation, not HTC, and especially not Samsung who is a fast follower, not an innovator. A more accurate description for Samsung is copier and knock-off artist.
    Last edited by Lstream; 10-28-2013 at 10:42 AM.

My fan boy alarm is ringing.

Happy owner of a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 2013
    CR6 likes this.

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

I figured I would jump in..
    I still think apple is on track for now.. They produce and if the public doesnt want it they wouldnt buy it, plain and simple.
    I'm not an apple fan boy or iSheep, I have been using android since 2009. droid2, droid razr, razr maxx hd, droid maxx 4.2.2 .. So i've been pretty current on android OS versions.
    I use the iPhone 5s currently and I am torn between both OS's.. Innovation eh.. But the iphone is pretty smooth, just as smooth as the droid maxx.

It boggles my mind to STILL see people arguing about Apple vs Android. Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, who gives a crap?!

tap'n

To be honest I genuinely think both systems are great. It just annoys me when people use the word "innovation" in the wrong term. They haven't invented anything new. Innovating just means they are refining what already is on the market. All company's do it but for some reason Apple have to boast about it.

Happy owner of a Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 2013
    CR6 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast