Apple iPhones grrr

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Who else here thinks apple iPhones are lagging behind in creativity compared to android devices being produced nowadays?

This story has been told already. I honestly think most people don't care anymore. Apple fans will continue buying Apple products and Android fans will continue enjoying Android products. There really is no competition between the two like there was a year or two ago.

tap'n

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
But I will say that WP8 is smoother than iOS and Android, and maybe even more fluid.

I had a lot of sarcastic stuff to say about Windows, but actually you're kinda right. I don't really enjoy the platform, but the two devices I've seen were pretty stable. The main issues they're struggling with are adoption, both in the consumer and developer sense.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I honestly haven't seen that myself. The "basics" of Android, Windows AND Apple phones are SO similar, (to quote the old Geico commercial) "even a caveman can do it".

tap'n

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The difference is, with android you can get a phone with a smaller screen.

Can you name one with the same specs as a flagship phone, like an HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4? I'd like to recommend one to my friends who want a screen size at 4 inches or less. The HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 has screen sizes of 4.7 inches and 5 inches, respectively, so they're too big for my friends. Until something smaller comes out, I think they'll just stick to their iPhones.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Can you name one with the same specs as a flagship phone, like an HTC One or a Samsung Galaxy S4? I'd like to recommend one to my friends who want a screen size at 4 inches or less. The HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 has screen sizes of 4.7 inches and 5 inches, respectively, so they're too big for my friends. Until something smaller comes out, I think they'll just stick to their iPhones.

The HTC One Mini and S4 Mini both seem to make significant compromises in quality for their smaller size. On Verizon (useless to 70% or so of the country) the Droid Mini is 4.3 and doesn't make any processing compromises compared to the Ultra. For some reason most OEM's treat "mini" as "second class".

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Verizon has about 98 million customers, and it covers about 95% of the population. What is there about those numbers that make their coverage useless? That would mean every other carrier is really useless. :)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Verizon has about 98 million customers, and it covers about 95% of the population. What is there about those numbers that make their coverage useless? That would mean every other carrier is really useless. :)

I mean that what they do with exclusive devices has no direct impact on the majority of the people. You can't easily buy and use a droid without using Verizon service. It can be done but the average consumer never will know how or think to try it.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I mean that what they do with exclusive devices has no direct impact on the majority of the people. You can't easily buy and use a droid without using Verizon service. It can be done but the average consumer never will know how or think to try it.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Oh, I see what you mean. I need to wake up!

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One Mini and S4 Mini both seem to make significant compromises in quality for their smaller size. On Verizon (useless to 70% or so of the country) the Droid Mini is 4.3 and doesn't make any processing compromises compared to the Ultra. For some reason most OEM's treat "mini" as "second class".

I agree. I think the Android manufacturers want people to buy the bigger phones because presumably they are more expensive (and thus, more profitable).

Also, it's funny how the 4.3 inch Droid Mini is considered small these days. I remember when the HTC Evo came out a few years back. That also had a 4.3 inch screen with a kickstand. I thought it was huge at the time! To be fair, though, the HTC Evo probably had bigger bezels, too. A lot of companies are shrinking the bezels on their phones these days.

I am thinking that Apple will release an iPhone with a bigger screen once they can get a screen panel with a high pixel density. Making those types of panels can be a challenge, so Apple will probably wait until they can get it right. Anyway, I don't think people were expecting huge design changes in an "S" phone. Those will probably come in the iPhone 6.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I think the Android manufacturers want people to buy the bigger phones because presumably they are more expensive (and thus, more profitable).

Also, it's funny how the 4.3 inch Droid Mini is considered small these days. I remember when the HTC Evo came out a few years back. That also had a 4.3 inch screen with a kickstand. I thought it was huge at the time! To be fair, though, the HTC Evo probably had bigger bezels, too. A lot of companies are shrinking the bezels on their phones these days.

I am thinking that Apple will release an iPhone with a bigger screen once they can get a screen panel with a high pixel density. Making those types of panels can be a challenge, so Apple will probably wait until they can get it right. Anyway, I don't think people were expecting huge design changes in an "S" phone. Those will probably come in the iPhone 6.

I feel like a lot of people were which surprises me as the design change would definitely come on the 6

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I feel like a lot of people were which surprises me as the design change would definitely come on the 6

People are always expecting more from Apple. In fact, I often hear people complain that Apple is "holding back" on features just so they can add them in next year's phone. I don't know if those complaints are justified. All I know is that the iPhone tends to sell well, and Apple is happy with their sales figures. I'm sure if the management of Apple felt threatened by their competitors, Apple will just hasten the release cycle. Maybe we'll get two iPhone releases every year instead of one. It's possible, for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy