My Report: Why The iPhone is Ever popular?

AlfBriggs

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I know talking about an iPhone on Android Central crazy but I want to get across why iPhone is a popular and get a clue it's not the specs or features. It's the consumer friendly easy on the eye dummy proof software, just look at it it's easy for a first smartphone it's simplistic Android isn't. And also lets be honest only us geeks care about specs for an average Joe they just think iPhone is the best thing in the world I know from my son (iPhone 5c user) everyone in his school has an iPhone pretty much because it looks nice and it's what is fashionable it's got instagram where kids post all there yoloindieswag photos or whatever that's all they need oh and snapchat for all their funny faces. It's simplistic that's what it is. Let's say an Average Joe goes into a phone shop looks at the S5 and the iPhone 5S I can guarantee 9 out of 10 come out without paying any advice to the workers advice because they all have it in their heads that iPhone is the best phone, I blame the media for brainwashing everyone. And yes I have a dummy one I ain't giving money to Apple!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 20140712_151658.jpg
    20140712_151658.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 111

anadroid

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I don't blame them - the iPhone is sleek, popular, a status symbol and user friendly. Can't expect the average Joe to compare specs, albeit it is quite hilarious that people will drop an extra 100-200 bucks for not knowing their options. Although if you constantly re-sell your older model as soon as the newest comes out, it can be a pretty good deal.

jvak55

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I always hear "it just works" from iPhone users.
Well androids do the same thing, just on a much higher level.
Like most things in life, you get back, what you put into it.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
iPhones have a simpler UI and better customer support, great design, and a massive selection of accessories with which to personalize. They also have the X Factor: they're the coolest, most fashionable thing to have, which for a lot of people is huge. I prefer Android, but I'd never criticize anyone for choosing an iPhone. Apple has earned its place in the market and it's the best choice for a lot of people.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Several of my 20 year old son's friends have iPhone's. Every one of them that has put my Moto X in their hand & tried it is very impressed. They are mostly enamored with the way it feels in the hand that it is so smooth & fluid. Touchless controls make them green with envy. So does the battery life. I think many iPhone users just keep buying another iPhone because they have an impression of Android phones from a couple years ago. The Android OS and hardware has changed for the better significantly since Ice Cream Sandwich. Many of them use all or most of the Google apps on their iPhone already. One of the advantages that iPhone users have is in the acessories department. Because there is only basically one design of iPhone, there are many more universal accessories for them. By the way, after I got my Moto X, my son made the switch from Apple to Android. He is very glad that he did.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

Jord1511

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from an iPhone 5S to the Moto X and so far I am loving everything about it. I am very happy with how lag free and smooth the software is. ☺.

Posted via Android Central App On My Epic Moto X.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just switched from an iPhone 5S to the Moto X and so far I am loving everything about it. I am very happy with how lag free and smooth the software is. ☺.

Posted via Android Central App On My Epic Moto X.

The X is an awesome device.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
No, this is not why the iPhone is the most popular device in the world. It has to do with the fact that it provides a seamless experience, has higher quality apps (yes, still), has apps that keep you in the ecosystem (ie: facetime, iMessage, etc), has great integration with the Mac, still has the best camera on the market, and has a stable OS that has always been silky smoother and is both simple and useful.

For most users, specs are just numbers. If they don't provide a positive benefit to the user experience then they're useless. Do you think the majority of people give a **** if their phone has Snapdragon 805 or an S4 Pro? Most people don't even know the difference and as long as all your apps run well and don't lag then the processor is fine. What do you think most people are doing with their mobile devices that they need these crazy good specs?

It all comes down to the user experience and while us power users actually could utilize the higher end specs, most people simply don't care. And in all honesty, if I were picking a phone solely on user experience, I'd switch from my HTC One M8 GPE to the iPhone as well.

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
No, this is not why the iPhone is the most popular device in the world. It has to do with the fact that it provides a seamless experience, has higher quality apps (yes, still), has apps that keep you in the ecosystem (ie: facetime, iMessage, etc), has great integration with the Mac, still has the best camera on the market, and has a stable OS that has always been silky smoother and is both simple and useful.

For most users, specs are just numbers. If they don't provide a positive benefit to the user experience then they're useless. Do you think the majority of people give a **** if their phone has Snapdragon 805 or an S4 Pro? Most people don't even know the difference and as long as all your apps run well and don't lag then the processor is fine. What do you think most people are doing with their mobile devices that they need these crazy good specs?

It all comes down to the user experience and while us power users actually could utilize the higher end specs, most people simply don't care. And in all honesty, if I were picking a phone solely on user experience, I'd switch from my HTC One M8 GPE to the iPhone as well.

Exactly. I've tried Android several times (I owned the EVO 4G and Galaxy Nexus, and have spent a lot of time using the GS4, GS4, HTC One, and Nexus 5) and each time I've chosen to go back to the iPhone. It's because the iPhone runs more smoothly than any Android phone I've tried (less lag, fewer hiccups, etc). Notice I didn't say it has no issues. Every device has some issues. I've just found that on the iPhone, it has less and better meets my needs. I think that if you truly believe that anyone who uses and likes their iPhone is just uninformed or doesn't understand technology, you haven't really spent time to understand the devices. Or, at least you haven't done a very good job of it. Some of us understand the tech side of things (for example, when I had my GN I ran Cyanogen and Nova launcher on it), but when it comes down to it, the most important factor is ease of use and lack of issues. The iPhone does everything I want: good browser, good enough battery life (I generally get through a day with no problems), great camera, very little lag, good integration across multiple apps/platforms (I use iMessage along with WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, Viber), etc. It's a solid device and it works very very well. That's not to say the same can't be said about Android. It can, and should be said. In my view, there are good options for everyone, and it's just a matter of identifying what is most important and then finding the phone that does those things best.

xperia2995

May 1, 2014
Visit site
My dad owns the costly i-phone 5S.
I own a very cheap LG android phone.
I have used both devices a lot !

My dad bought it because the iphone is a simple thing. People like him just want to read some business mails, run some basic apps etc. And because businessmen are very concerned about security. Which the highly restrictive iphone provides. Note he never uses any other mac or cloud or etc.

Why the younger generation buys an android is because its frikkin cheap and extremely powerful and unrestricted. You can download a movie from one app, move it around anywhere in the system, concurrently use it in another app. You can use custom ROMs, custom launchers etc. It feels like your computer. Anything is possible because it is unrestricted.

We play highly demanding games, watch movies, download torrents, take photos & videos, heavily edit them etc.
This is the direct opposite of my dad's needs. I see drastic growth in the looks and smoothness with each upgrade of android. Thus I can easily change my phone even every 6 months. Agreed my ancient android was so much poorer compared to the iphone at that time. But now, android looks and runs better than the iphone can even match.
I-phone, it still "feels" like the same old one.

So anyone who does a lot with his phone, & who doesn't "care" about the specs, bought it only because he is one among the herd of sheeps.

And those who say apple is more stable than android please try and use a quadcore running on stock kitkat. It is as good as it.
People don't just pay the extra 300$ because its "better". Its because they have a false understanding about something.

The android OS, is usually what the apple fans pick on. With the hundreds of varieties of phones android runs on, not all will perform the same due to compatability issues. It is the duty of the OEM to solve it. Apple on the other hand has just one device. Thus their OS needs to be made for just one device. Which still faces problems. Now that is pathetic.

The apple- android war is pretty old. I dont want to go on.

I hate the ios because it is too powerless and feels nothing like my PC.
Sorry for talking too much.

Last edited:

NeonZX

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
20% of the component cost to build an iphone is spent on samsung parts. Android gets bugs because of how many phones its got to be compatible with and the range of customization.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Lte android 4.3 using Tapatalk

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I know talking about an iPhone on Android Central crazy but I want to get across why iPhone is a popular and get a clue it's not the specs or features. It's the consumer friendly easy on the eye dummy proof software, just look at it it's easy for a first smartphone it's simplistic Android isn't.

Is there a consumer-friendly, easy-on-the-eyes Android phone with dummy-proof software? A phone like that would be able to steal significant market share from Apple.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
If the 4.7" iphone 6 off contract is $500 or less ill consider it over the 2nd gen moto x. iphones work without a hitch

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
You guys have to stop making the assumption that people who buy iPhones are either stupid, misinformed, apathetic, or all of the above. It makes you sound foolish.

There is no question that part of owning an Apple product is the "status" aspect of it. But iPhone products and iOS offer people a different experience that they prefer over Android. For a lot of people that ultimately choose iOS, they make the comparisons, look at the factors that are important to them, and deliberately chose iOS.

As each new iteration of smartphone hits the market, specs become less and less important. It's about what those components can offer you. With an iPhone, you get greater fluidity, less lag, a simple interface, apps that you know will "just work" when you install them, and a high-quality build.

Of course, you're going to be dissatisfied with this if you're only interested in the best specs. No, it doesn't have a QHD display. It doesn't have 3GB of RAM. It doesn't have an SD card slot, nor a removable battery. It also doesn't necessarily need those things. The experience (depending on need) can be just as good as any other phone.

The best approach would be to simply find a phone that makes you happy and enjoy it. Stop worrying so much about what other people do.

tclops

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Ya know, I've maintained for a while now that I can't think of a single thing that iOS does better than my android, other than itunes integration. Perfect case in point: it drives me bat-crazy that my 10" iPad using iOS7 has folders that are limited to a 3x3 scrolling field when my Note2 with nova launcher can have folders of almost any size/shape pretty easily.

I know apple products - I've had an iPad since almost the very beginning back when I thought it was kinda dumb that it was just a big iPod touch, but I needed a laptop for school and I decided to try it out. I've had a mac for the last 10 years, and still have my old click-wheel ipod. I drank the applejuice long ago but I really prefer android for my phone over the iOS. The only reason I don't have a fruitphone is because when I finally graduated the the smartphone world ~4 years ago, Sprint didn't have the iPhone so I 'had' to get an android (Nexus S 4G) I kinda think that most fruitphone buyers do so because they've had one since the beginning and it's difficult to move into another ecosystem after a few years of accumulating apps and such. For a long time, the fruitphone was king by virtue of the fact that they were the only legitimate player. Also, the android world can be a bit intimidating due to all the different manufacturers and versions of android. It's pretty splintered. I had to do a bunch of digging and researching before I settled on my first smartphone.

The 5.5" bigun does intrigue me, though. If I wasn't so in love with my Note2, nova launcher, and the spen for note taking. I'd seriously consider getting one next May when my contract is up.

Conclusion: As others have stated, they're not all sheeple, or dumb, they've made their choice based on what they think works for them. Let them have their fruitphones and be happy with them. Be happy with what you have, and when you get a chance from time to time, help spread the good word of the Android awesomeness. But don't get all butthurt when they stick with the fruitphone.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ya know, I've maintained for a while now that I can't think of a single thing that iOS does better than my android, other than itunes integration.

I shall offer a counter point. (Disclaimer-Im not an Apple fanboy or love Apple products for that matter. I use both iOS and Android)
iMessage is Apples stock messenger .
Hangouts is Googles stock messenger.

iMessage in iOS 8 has quick reply.
Hangouts does not.
iMessage will switch automatically from an iMessage to SMS when needed.
Hangouts does not.
Facetime works flawlessly.
Hangouts video does not.

Yes, hangouts can be replaced by third party apps, but the point is Googles stock messenger (the only one they put on Nexus 5) is not as good as Apples.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki