Really starting to hate the ipad

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
The iPad was cool at first, but as I look for similar apps that I have on my x, like a good email client, I am finding the apple store basically bits a big one...I am gonna have to get an android tablet

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
cant call a droid tab a fail with only one around thats not running correct software. I want a tab and will wait for a few more android tabs to come out sometime early next year with 3.0. If they are all junk I may get a... um a... you know that other guy and put a big android logo on the back :)

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
As a programmer, if I knew of a tablet that could handle a bluetooth keyboard and compile code I would seriously consider buying it. Other than that, I'm with irishguy. iPad would be nice. Without the Market, Tab is "meh" at best to me.

irishguy0224

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Ya, i thought about getting one and putting a keyboard on it (iPad) but it just doesn't seem logical to me with a Macbook Pro, an Imac, and a Macbook on top of my DX... Seems silly to buy something that the things i currently use can do.

G

GenericMessage

Oh boy....

This thread will deteriorate into a Apple vs Android pissing match in 3...2...1...go
:p

It also has NOTHING to do with the Droid X, or really has a topic that is meant for this forum.

We have forums meant for this people!

gizzyman

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
People who dont have a tablet dont understand the uses, I have the X, a laptop, and 3 quadcore desktops, but as good as they are and has big of a screen that my X has, tablets come in handy to just carry around, look things up quickly, check email, and mostly, to keep my toddler busy

DougFNJ

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with a little slightly off topic discussion :)

My Laptop: My main source of computing. I plug everything into it, store everything on it, satisfies my primary computing needs.

My iPad: My "other" computer. Perfect for instant on, on the go use. Nice and portable....small enough to bring everywhere, big enough to enjoy a great sized screen.

My Droid X: My everything else source of computing and communication.

I got the iPad as an upgrade to my Sony Reader. I liked the idea that I could port over the existing collection I had, PLUS have access to both Nook and Kindle. I'm sure I'll take a look at the Galaxy Tab, but I am thinking I will stick with my iPad. The screen size is so perfect, and there are plenty of apps that meet my needs.

And remember....to each his own....all we have here are opinions. None are right or wrong.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Ya, i thought about getting one and putting a keyboard on it (iPad) but it just doesn't seem logical to me with a Macbook Pro, an Imac, and a Macbook on top of my DX... Seems silly to buy something that the things i currently use can do.

WTH do you need two Macbook laptops for?

Anyways Im with you all. iPads are still nice though. But 50% of the cost you pay is all for the Branding. IMO.

Android Tablets have so much potential. BUT there has yet to be one released that will be of any account.

Mahbles

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I got a iPad after I got the Droid X to take advantage of the mobile hotspot feature, and I really like my iPad. I new the Samsung Tab was coming out and I knew the second generation iPad was coming out in over half a year, but I have to admit, the iPad is pretty sweet. I'm a news junkie and yes, the DX could do everything the iPad does, but there are apps the DX does better, and there are apps the iPad does better. I feel pretty fortunate to have both. Now, when it comes down to a phone, Droid FTW, hands down. Even if Apple released an iPhone for Verizon next year, I'm hooked on the functionality of Droid.

geo_guru

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The droid x does something that the ipad will never do, which is play flash media. That is a deal breaker for me. The ipad will never replace computers without that needed feature.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
haha, i personally don't want to own either. Thats what i have a lap top for and a big screen on my phone :)

I agree, though I saw someone with an iPad in one of my classes and I did start to like it. Not that it was an iPad, but it's size. I'd love an Android Tablet the size of an iPad. The Galaxy tab is just way too small at this point (considering I have a Fascinate, it just doesn't seem THAT much bigger). I too am waiting for others to come out, hopefully bigger, then maybe if I have the spare money I'd look into it.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a work supplied iPad, and do like the portability quite nicely.. I'm waiting for a 10-inch Android tab to come out before I purchase my personal tablet.. I like the iPad, but am an Android fan (love my evo)..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463