Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Javier P
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Considering Jumping to android...

I've been a long time apple user. I've started to grow tired of ios since its gone basically unchanged since its introduction in 2007. Although there are somethings I like about my iphone, like the build quality and how smooth the operating system is. Some of the android phones I've played with seem to have jumpy scrolling on web pages, that was mainly the galaxy line. I do like the HTC one m8 but had bad luck with HTC phones in the past.
    How do they hold up over time? Do they tend to have more bugs then iphones? I'm also considering getting a used HTC one m7 from swappa just to try out for a while and then make a decision once the iPhone 6 comes out. Do you guys think its worth it to do that?

Default Re: Considering Jumping to android...

If you want to try android in a cheap phone I strongly recommend you the moto G. Not much bloatware. After I bought mine several friends did the same. All of them quite happy users right now. With a little more money to spend moto X could be a great option. Now Motorola is offering big discounts

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Scott7217 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by adock22096 View Post
    I've been a long time apple user. I've started to grow tired of ios since its gone basically unchanged since its introduction in 2007. Although there are somethings I like about my iphone, like the build quality and how smooth the operating system is. Some of the android phones I've played with seem to have jumpy scrolling on web pages, that was mainly the galaxy line. I do like the HTC one m8 but had bad luck with HTC phones in the past.
    How do they hold up over time? Do they tend to have more bugs then iphones? I'm also considering getting a used HTC one m7 from swappa just to try out for a while and then make a decision once the iPhone 6 comes out. Do you guys think its worth it to do that?
    There is more out there than iOS and Android...

Have you looked at the Nokia Lumia line? Nokia's build quality is well known, their cameras and screen resolution will be right up at the quality level you expect and with Windows Phone 8.1 you are getting a dynamic, modern OS. 8.1 is out or immanent for every Windows Phone available today. Add in Cortana for Siri-like assistance...

Might be worth a look, yes???
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. I'll have to look into that a little more. I have heard that windows doesn't have a lot of third party app support, no?
    Thanked by:

There is nothing I'm missing... And all my Apps seem to stay supported/updated.

Depends on your usage, I guess. There are more developers coming to WP all the time so check the store and maybe visit Windows Phone Central to check out some threads. (Your Mobile Nations Passport gets you logged in there as well.)

Without specifics it is hard to gauge what we are discussing here.
    Nokia Lumia 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked): Windows Phone 8.1 w/ Lumia Cyan
    Dell Venue 8 Pro (32GB): Windows 8.1 Desktop OS w/ Office 2013 H&S
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by adock22096 View Post
    Some of the android phones I've played with seem to have jumpy scrolling on web pages, that was mainly the galaxy line.
    The jumpy scrolling on web pages may be due to bloatware on the phone from either the carrier or Samsung.

Have you considered a Nexus 5? Nexus phones don't have any bloatware at all.