My business partner got the iPhone 6 plus today and....

The_PLBs

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
It's one big son of a *****. No possible way to use it one handed and will not fit in a pocket comfortably. I felt like I was gonna drop it the entire time I was playing with it. The 4.7" 6 is definitely the way to go if you want to buy one of those POS's.

Posted via Android Central App

The_PLBs

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
You can manage, but as far as ease of use with the same screen size, it's not close, the G3 is much better. The only reason to switch is if you like the experience of IOS.

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the iPhone 6 plus and when I was told that I wouldn't get my phone to sometime in November I cancelled my order and made the switch back to android. There is no way that the IP6+ is anywhere in comparison to the G3. Apple tried and has failed. In my opinion, Apple should not try to fix what's not broken. The IP was never intended to be a phablet. Had they kept the IP5 shape and increased the screen size, it would look just like SGN3/4. Now the IP looks unrecognizable to me with IOS that appears as if they went to a headstart program to find there designers. I'm officially done with Apple.

Posted via the Android Central App

Krijs

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Of course it's big, it's supposed to be big! Funny you say it's impossible to use one-handed, because I often text one-handed with the 6+ and with reachability, it makes it a lot easier to one-hand this phone. Who are we kidding though, if you buy a 5.5" phone, one-handed usage obviously doesn't rank high on your priority list. I'm fine with fact that it's easier to two-hand this phone, and it wouldn't be any different it were a 5.5" Android phone.

Also, the 6+ fits fine in both my suit trouser and slim jeans pockets. You must have very small pockets. Never felt like I've been near to dropping it either, but I've always had a case on it - I know the back can be quite slippery so that's probably why.

The 6 (4.7") is definitely easier to use one-handed, but that's just like saying the Z3C is easier to use one-handed over the Z3, it's obvious. Coming from a Nexus 5, I can honestly say the larger area hasn't really changed how I use my phone.

I've only held a G3 in a phone store, but I do agree it's a better fit in the hand than the 6+. I was looking at one to replace my N5, but ultimately I think there's a few compromises that I'd have to wait until the G4 to solve.

At the end of the day, I think it's a bit silly to make sweeping generalisations on a phone that you've spent 5 minutes using. Experiences are different based on the person using the phone - if you were to say "No possible way for me to use it one-handed..." then that's your opinion - and that's fine, however to post it implying that it's a fact is just plain wrong.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've spoken to a few iPhone users and they seem to love both their devices and the iOS, and to be serenely uninterested in the goings-on of either Androidery or Windowdom. For most iPhone users it must obviously be a perfectly satisfactory way of doing smartphones.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
You can manage, but as far as ease of use with the same screen size, it's not close, the G3 is much better. The only reason to switch is if you like the experience of IOS.

In comparing how I use my G3 to how I used my L1520, it's about the same. I use 2 hands to do the same things I used 2 hands on the L1520. I can't imagine it being any more or any less difficult to use the iPhone 6+.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Well it seems that not many have sold compared to the normal one.

Posted via the Android Central App

Available quantities of the iPhone 6+ have also been much lower than any other iPhone prior, from my understanding.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I wanted the 128GB but Bell only had the 16GB 6 Plus. I got it in Space Grey.

It is tall but I think Apple did a great job I just wish they spent more time on the back because those line are an eye sore.

I'm selling my 5S so I think I'm keeping this as my back-up/iPod.

tapatalk LG pro D852

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Could have done way better with the back. And the height. So tall like the m8. I personally think the iPhone 6+ is a large phablet with a small screen.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Could have done way better with the back. And the height. So tall like the m8. I personally think the iPhone 6+ is a large phablet with a small screen.

I definitely agree. I think it's still nice, but could have been better. Definitely a large phablet considering it's screen size. My L1520 is slightly bigger, but it has a 6" screen. I feel the same way about the M8. Large phone when considering it's screen size.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Exactly! Let's be real here. But they do have an interesting trick to try and help by pressing the home button to scrunch the screen down to half size to be able to reach things one hand. LG G3 tries to shift keyboard to one side to allow one handed typing.

I love that Apple went 4.7"... they are stubborn but they finally did it and to me that is the sweet spot... the perfect general phone size.

Wife is getting the plus because she wants the big screen but I wouldnt get one... sticking to me G3 and honestly it is the ABSOLUTE limit I will go. I still think I prefer my G2 size more.

Anyone want to laugh at the iphone 6 plus size... before they do that realize the latest news that the next Nexus phone is a whopping 5.9 INCHES!

Too me that is just terrible to see the size game go this far and ruin one of the best line of phones because I LOVE Nexus phones but just hearing the size alone makes it undesirable to me regardless of how powerful the rest of the rumored specs are.

Who are we kidding though, if you buy a 5.5" phone, one-handed usage obviously doesn't rank high on your priority list.