iPhone 7?

aidept

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
What do you think about the new iPhone 7? I know I'm late but, I'm just wondering. I love the new Jet Black color they have.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
After having blue coral on the Note 7 and now S7 Edge, I have to say the black one just feels dull! Design-wise I don't really like the iPhone, but I've used it and I did find the camera quite impressive. That's about the only thing I loved about it, though. While fast to use because of how iOS operates, it just wasn't for me.

The screen is also really nice, but I still prefer the 'over the top' color saturation of Samsung's AMOLED screens.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Have the iPhone 7 after owning the S7 and I must say the camera on the S7 is the best camera out there right now. Overall I like the iPhone 7 but may return to Android the first chance I get...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd have to agree in general about the S7 camera being better than the iPhone 7; the S7 is tied for 2nd best with the HTC 10 and the iPhone 7 is in a 4 way tie for 8th best - although the S7 does tend to overprocess a little and the iPhone 7+ has some really cool features that aren't exactly available on any other device yet, such as portrait mode. Both really good cameras though :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to agree in general about the S7 camera being better than the iPhone 7; the S7 is tied for 2nd best with the HTC 10 and the iPhone 7 is in a 4 way tie for 8th best - although the S7 does tend to overprocess a little and the iPhone 7+ has some really cool features that aren't exactly available on any other device yet, such as portrait mode. Both really good cameras though :)

Portrait mode? OK, I know for a fact that's NOT an iExclusive :p haha unless they're calling that the one where they use both lenses to blur out the background a bit to make the foreground subject stand out?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Portrait mode? OK, I know for a fact that's NOT an iExclusive :p haha unless they're calling that the one where they use both lenses to blur out the background a bit to make the foreground subject stand out?

Well I know there is a version on the Honor 8, but it's pretty far from how iOS does it from the examples I've seen from moderators. There have been blur options in Android cameras for a while, but the level of execution on that feature on the 7+ is above what I'd previously seen.

kelcel

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
I bought a new iPhone 7 256 GB from Apple but not using it i use a Samsung S7Edge without a Jailbreak you cant customize the iPhone at all
Sucks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I know there is a version on the Honor 8, but it's pretty far from how iOS does it from the examples I've seen from moderators. There have been blur options in Android cameras for a while, but the level of execution on that feature on the 7+ is above what I'd previously seen.

I didn't know they called it 'portrait mode'. When I read that I think 'taking pictures in portrait mode... orientation...' haha. But yeah, iPhone's implementation of that background blur mode is superb. Almost looks like you used a 'proper' camera. HDR looks a bit more 'polished', too, although it can vary depending on the setting.