1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default iPhone 5

so here is where i stand for those who have been following my saga:

I have been waiting a long time to replace my Storm 1 with a 4G droid. My daughter has proven to me by owning both the TBolt and the Charge that neither are satisfactory for me because of battery life issues.

i have been waiting for the droid bionic and that wait seems to be continuing with no end in sight.

I am also NOT an Apple guy - i own a 10gig iPod they refer to as the brick, was given an iPad2 as a gift and thats it.

So, if the iPhone 5 for Big Red comes out in the near future like its supposed to and here are the ifs:
    1. if it is 4G
    2. if the battery lasts all day,

I am going to buy it.

One further if:

1. if i can connect my entire world through my iphone my ipad my ipod seamlessly i might not come back.

david

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Do what you gotta do...

poo what you gotta poo...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by radgatt View Post
    Do what you gotta do...
    I know because i am being left little choice. it is a shame that i am potentially being forced to the evil empire because of what boils down to a failure of droid makers.

the most interesting thing about the iPhone 5 if its 4G, is what will be the battery life. if they can provide enough battery life to get me through the day then its a done deal. and then the questions will be:

1. why could they and the others could not
    2. how fast they can make the phone because it will sell like hot cakes

sad but true story. i never thought i would be interested in an iPhone.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

It's not going to be 4G/LTE. Next years model will be.

This is in the wrong forum as well

(reported thread to admin/mods)
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,922 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I also have my doubts about the next iPhone being LTE capable. They have been quoted as saying it isn't where they want it to be. Which really means they are waiting for an all in one SoC to have it included so they don't need to have a separate radio just for LTE.

Also I've heard that the Charge had pretty good battery life, all things considered. What's your experience been?
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

The iPhone won't get an LTE version for a while. I think that Apple will either wait for second-gen LTE chips to hit the market or wait for VoLTE to gain traction so they can make a phone with a single LTE radio before putting LTE into the iPhone.

Sent from my ADR6300

Apple always plays it safe and waits too long to release everything - 3G, copy and paste, useful notifications, and now LTE.
    Boss Status

ROM
    CM9

Don't do it! ITS A TRAP!

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

I was in the same boat as OP but I just jumped ship and ordered a iphone 4 and only paid $99 for it. (I'm so disappointed in myself)

I don't understand why people feel ashamed or that they are doing something wrong by going to Apple and the iPhone. If that's what you are interested in then go for it. Its not what I would choose to do. But i wouldn't judge anyone else for making a different choice.

EDIT: I went for the iPhone 4. Been loving it. Didn't think that would be the choice I would make , but it seemed to be a good one for me.
    Last edited by dwaynewilliams; 09-20-2011 at 05:12 AM.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts

I really just said that as a joke. But I really do miss some of the things that android has but apple lacks. I don't really know of any good forums for the iPhone so I just stay around AC

Default Re: iPhone 5

I'm in the same boat, original poster.

I've been thinking of switching to from my Droid X over to an Iphone 4 even, but not sure if I should just hold out for 5 :\

Plus with all the contract change possibilities due to Verizon going to tiered soon, who knows if we would lose our unlimited data plan or not.

If the iPhone 5 doesn't have 4G, it's going to lose even more ground to Android. If the iPhone 5 has 4G I'll be getting it, otherwise I'll get the first Android 4.0 device that comes to Sprint.

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: iPhone 5

no LTE on the i5: