View Poll Results: What is your favorite replacement or stock keyboard? (Phones)

Voters
469. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gingerbread stock keyboard

39 8.32%
  • HTC Sense stock keyboard

29 6.18%
  • Froyo stock keyboard

3 0.64%
  • Swiftkey X

182 38.81%
  • Thumb Keyboard 4

23 4.90%
  • Go Keyboard

28 5.97%
  • SlideIT

10 2.13%
  • Swype

92 19.62%
  • Smart Keyboard Pro

28 5.97%
  • I use the Force..I think, my phone types

35 7.46%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Default Re: What's your FAVORITE Keyboard app?

My current favorites are Smart Keyboard and Keymonk, best keyboards out there at the moment in my opinion.

Oh how I miss my physical keyboard...

Quote Originally Posted by lilme08 View Post
    How do you turn off predicted text in SwiftKey

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
    You don't, it's part of what makes SwiftKey SwiftKey... It learns from your typing style and learns what words and phrases that you use the most to save your keystrokes.

°~¤~°HTC Evo Design°~¤~°
    ~*Purple Android*~
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock: Unrooted

What about ? I see it's also not listed in the Poll above.

Only had my S3 for a month, and just DL'd a few days ago and have been really liking it, mostly. It's way-way-way better than the stock Samsung T9 keyboard (which shockingly is all the S3 comes with– besides 'Google Voice Typing' :rolleyes: ).
    Anyhoo, has very smooth swyping(not a real word, I guess, according to OED & TFD :0 ); nice & much more functional keyboards; pretty good predictive & anticipated text (except for the occassional word that it just plain refuses to acknowledge & input ...even though you've swyped it 4~5 times! :rolleyes: ), but nonetheless, it's very easy to add/save new words to the dictionary.

I've yet to try Swiftkey 3, or the new Swype Beta. Though all in all, I'm pretty happy with so far. Anyone else using it? Or have used it?
    Last edited by fr3GStoGS3; 11-16-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: [ Classified ]..I could tell you...but then I'd have to kill you...

ROM

Okay, okay okay . . now I understand. :rolleyes: Just dl'd Swype beta — and I see what everyone's talking about, it's really great!

Imho, Swiftkey just has way-way too many poor reviews on Google Play, for me to try it. :rolleyes: Bunches of reviews about it asking you to update every other day, and lots of other gripes too.

Have now uninstalled TouchPal. It was better than the stock Samsung T9 keyboard, but not anywhere near as good— as the Swype beta keyboard & functions & preferences, etc.

Main reasons for uninstalling TouchPal: 1) no characters on middle row of keyboard; 2) less preferences, personalization & gesture choices– than with Swype beta; 3) only one theme/skin (unless dl'd from internet); 4) what I first thought was pretty good, but then after 4~5 days realized wasn't so good: predictive & anticipated & contextual text; 5) small thing, but not a very good smiley emoticon section... not even a wink ;-) . . .etc.-etc.

NOT THAT ANYONE IS EVER GOING TO READ THIS THREAD, EVER AGAIN !!

I still keep up with this thread :P

My choices still stand though.

>Smart Keyboard
    >Keymonk

ROM

Hey Jao! I thought there had been some devastating world-ending event of Biblical proportions . . . and everyone else on the planet had disappeared!

Never have heard of those two that you use. But thanks for swingin' by, and posting them.

There's been a few bugs, with Swype beta, during these first few hours I've been experimenting with it, but nothing major. A couple of times where it said it was going to close, but then opened right back up again when I tapped on the cursor spot. Also got slow once. But the Swype people said upfront that there would be bugs, etc., so I'm okay with them. All in all and so far, I'm really enjoying the Swype beta keyboard.

Thanks again for showing that there's yet a sign of life . . on this thread, Jao!
    Last edited by fr3GStoGS3; 11-18-2012 at 04:58 PM.

If you're a Swyper, give Keymonk a try. It's like Swype only it enables 2handed simultaneous swyping. Very smooth, attractive, and fast.

The free version doesn't have ads, so c'moooon. Give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post
    Okay, okay okay . . now I understand. :rolleyes: Just dl'd Swype beta — and I see what everyone's talking about, it's really great!

Imho, Swiftkey just has way-way too many poor reviews on Google Play, for me to try it. :rolleyes: Bunches of reviews about it asking you to update every other day, and lots of other gripes too.
    Over the last few months, SwiftKey has seen updates maybe once every 4-6 weeks at the most. Far less than a lot of other apps I use.

I think the main issue new users have with SwiftKey is that you have to actually use it for at least a few weeks for it to build its predictive vocabulary, even if you take advantage of its text/email analysis feature. It's completely trouble-free and very, very fast for me.

I just couldn't warm up to Swype, having been a Blackberry user for so many years. I need to type, not wipe

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by fr3GStoGS3 View Post

Have now uninstalled TouchPal. It was better than the stock Samsung T9 keyboard, but not anywhere near as good— as the Swype beta keyboard & functions & preferences, etc.

Main reasons for uninstalling TouchPal: 1) no characters on middle row of keyboard; 2) less preferences, personalization & gesture choices– than with Swype beta; 3) only one theme/skin (unless dl'd from internet); 4) what I first thought was pretty good, but then after 4~5 days realized wasn't so good: predictive & anticipated & contextual text; 5) small thing, but not a very good smiley emoticon section... not even a wink ;-) . . .etc.-etc.

NOT THAT ANYONE IS EVER GOING TO READ THIS THREAD, EVER AGAIN !!
    what do you mean SwiftKey has too many poor reviews? It's given almost 5 stars and has plenty positive reviews over the bad. There could never be too many updates to an app. Updates are a good thing, even if some things break, which is bound to happen. The good thing is that the dev team is active and will push a fix for issues.
    Last edited by srkmagnus; 11-22-2012 at 11:30 PM.

ROM
    HTC One X - ICS

I personally use Thumb Keyboard. 1st purchased for my 1st Gen Galaxy Tab and since installed it on my One X because the screen is large enough for most of there layouts. In landscape mode the keyboard is split down the middle with numbers in the middle. I like that because its all thumbs and spacing is great for average size fingers. Tried the swiftkey before and found it just to slow for me...I also grew up taking typing class in the 80's so I really down have to look at the keyboard much when I get in a groove...

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I love SwiftKey, I don't notice too many updates.. Maybe a couple a month. I did buy it and it is well worth it. I think too many people don't take the time to learn how the apps work. I have no issues at all with SwiftKey. It's the perfect keyboard with excellent predictive text that learns how you type and what words you use the most. Absolutely beautiful app.

°~¤~°HTC Evo Design°~¤~°
    ~*Purple Android*~
    Recordist

ROM
    Peach Sunrise 3.01

I've been using SwiftKey for over a year. Every time I toy around with the idea of not using it (usually after a fresh ROM installation), I miss it terribly.

It really is vastly superior to anything out there. I'm surprised Google hasn't offered to buy them out and make it the default Android keyboard. It's that good.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

+1 for SwiftKey

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

1) swiftkey
    2) ultra - has swype features but is bad in landscape mode.

I refuse to recommend apps that stay in beta, and i e social scope.

When swiftkey adds gesture features it will be incredible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

Got to say that Swiftkey is my favorite by far. They way you can teach it how you type through linking it to gMail, Twitter, Facebook and even your old texts is awesome. I've tried a few diffrent keyboards through the years, SlideIT, Swype etc. and I always end up back with Swiftkey.

I doubt I will ever be ever to leave swype now. I just can't find a keyboard that I'm as comfortable with or nearly as quick with.

Smile Re: What's your FAVORITE Keyboard app?

Default Love Siwftkey X with flow

The combination of Swiftkey X with all its settings and great predictions together with the flow feature is just amazing! Especially for long words or the ones you don't hit the keys properly the flow feature tends to enormously speed up things! So for me even within a sentence it’s always a combination of both flowing and typing.

Default Re: Love Siwftkey X with flow

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet;2356454...I think the main issue new users have with SwiftKey is that you have to actually [B
    use[/B] it for at least a few weeks for it to build its predictive vocabulary, even if you take advantage of its text/email analysis feature. It's completely trouble-free and very, very fast for me...
    That was my problem with swiftkey. My vocabulary is somewhat non-standard, and I didn't have the patience to train it.

Default Re: Love Siwftkey X with flow

Just started using yesterday & I'm digging it thus far. It looks to be the first beta.
    Thanked by:
    cdf3 
    dakid2k6 likes this.

Yeah, Kii's alright. Still prefer Keymonk though.

But i'll keep an eye on it.

ROM
    Stock

Sense 4+ stock keyboard.
    What's your FAVORITE Keyboard app?-uploadfromtaptalk1356382897131.jpg

It's no mere smartphone, it's the HTC ONE X+.
    /
    D:
    \
    dakid2k6 likes this.

I've been using SwiftKey Flow Beta for a while now. SwiftKey 3 keyboard with Swype like function. Love it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've been using kii, stock HTC, swiftkey, once in a while tyype keyboard. I even have thumb keyboard. I love using different ones different days or whatever I feel like using.
    Thanked by:
    cdf3 
    cdf3 likes this.

Kii is a really good keyboard. Just downloaded tonight and like it better than swiftkey. Tried magic but Kii is trumping it right now.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast