What's your FAVORITE Keyboard app?

What is your favorite replacement or stock keyboard? (Phones)

• Total voters

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey hands down is my favorite. You can try it free for 30 days. It learns how you think and suggest words you will most likely say next. Sometimes it suggests a better word than you were thinking. It gets so good, it is a litlle scary.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Smart Keyboard Pro for my phone. I love the Auto Text feature.
Thumb Keyboard 4 for my Tab 10.1

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Swiftkey X is great and I love it. It'll really be awesome when they fix the physical keyboard problem of sometimes typing numbers instead of letters. I'm told that will be fixed very soon. Now, if we can just get HTC to fix the Sense rebooting bug... :p

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I have Swiftkey and Gingerbread keyboard, yet I always go back to the stock Android keyboard. I think when it comes down to it, is any typing accuracy issues I have ultimately come down to the size of the Optimus V screen, and not the keyboard I am using.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I must have a weird vocabulary or something. I tried Swiftkey, and was constantly fighting with it to get it to accept the word I wanted to use, as it kept suggesting other stuff. I suppose I could have turned of the predictions, but that seems to defeat the purpose. I found the stock keyboard on my Photon to be pretty much unusable. It didn't even have a comma in the main page, and it drove me absolutely nuts.

I'm currently using Swype because:
* It works well with one finger
* It's reasonably fast
* If you tap one letter at a time it doesn't second-guess you. And then it learns that word and is likely to accept it in the future.
* It came free with the phone.

But I find it tedious to type. Interrupting my typing to look at what word the keyboard wants to use is just tiring, somehow, and it slows me down a lot. And the guessed words are sometimes bizarre, and would really make it hard for a reader to understand what I was trying to say, so I NEED to look. So maybe I should try other keyboards, perhaps keyboards without an auto-correct feature. Dunno. Looking here for recommendations. I already paid for Swiftkey, so maybe I should just try it with all the prediction stuff turned off.

deckerbm

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for SwiftKey. My OG Droid's physical keyboard is completely unusable and with SwiftKey I'm almost back to typing at full speed :)

Taysider

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
So I looked around and I don't see a recent post on this so I figured I'd start a new one.

Vote below for your favorite replacement keyboard app or stock?

I like Swiftkey X but since it left beta it's been very buggy and I'm trying out Go Keyboard for now..

What are your thoughts?

PHONE keyboards only, not tablet or honeycomb
I used Swype for a while but changed to A.I. type. far better:)

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
i am going back and forth between swiftkey x and the stock HTC keyboard.

swiftkey is great at predictions but sometimes i'll type a word correctly and it changes it to what it thinks i should put instead. very frustrating

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
i am going back and forth between swiftkey x and the stock HTC keyboard.

swiftkey is great at predictions but sometimes i'll type a word correctly and it changes it to what it thinks i should put instead. very frustrating
Sometimes? It did it with about 1/3 of what I wrote. Drove me nuts very quickly.

(At first I had the wrong language loaded, and then it "corrected" nearly everything I wrote. After I switched to "US English" it got better, but not nearly better enough to be usable.)

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I tried several and right now flext9 is my favorite for it's voice-activation predictability and its swipe-like intuitive work (better than Swype IMO).

jrmoore10

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
TouchPal is by FAR the #1 keyboard for android!!!! It beats everything by at least a mile (I know I have tried them all!) It is easily my first pick. My second pick would be the gingerbread stock keyboard. Next would be a tough choice between Swiftkey X and Go Keyboard.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Right now, TouchPal is my preferred keyboard, followed by SwiftKey X. Both do predictive text, and even though SwiftKey does prediction better, TouchPal keeps improving with each update (plus it combines swiping with text prediction). Version 5 also includes keyboard skins.

I think my perfect keyboard would include TouchPal's interface (very accurate touch typing even when pressing the wrong letters), SwiftKey's text prediction (it will sometimes predict the next 5+ words in a row), and FlexT9's voice input (which I believe is from Dragon Dictate).