Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SnyperX
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    ATT 4.5.91 GB 2.3.4

Default Swiftkey X free today from Amazon

Amazon.com: Appstore for Android

Free app of the day from Amazon. I love this keyboard, easily worth the normal cost too.
    Thanked by 2:
    pankvalorian 
    pank likes this.

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Default Re: Swiftkey X free today from Amazon

Figures, Amazon is finally giving away an app I would actually use and I've already bought it from the market. This is my keyboard of choice, so go grab it for free wail you can. It's great.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.

Just downloaded it from Amazon and it seems great so far.

Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

Everyone should get this app. It's free today so no excuses.

Global Posts
    10,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Z View Post
    Just downloaded it from Amazon and it seems great so far.
    Just wait until the app learns your text input. It will make typing on the keyboard much more efficient

I've been using the app before the "X" update and its been nothing but improvements. We just need more themes to go along with the ones already released, which are great.

Thanks for posting this. I just installed it.

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyclonic / CM9 + WebOS

I was glad to see this in the app store this morning. I was tired of getting the pop up asking me to purchase the beta

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

I installed it, then it was listed in my updates, so I updated it. Now it is listed in my updates again.
    Is there a problem with Amazon, or does it actually have several updates that need to be run in sequence?

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

I can't imagine anything being better than Swype, but I'm open-minded so I'm going to give this a try.

I downloaded and installed the app but I can't download the language pack. I've got an Incredible running CM7 (RC3 I think). Any ideas?

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikec8785 View Post
    I downloaded and installed the app but I can't download the language pack. I've got an Incredible running CM7 (RC3 I think). Any ideas?
    I had to exit and go back and try it a few times to get it to download and install the proper language.

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by mikec8785 View Post
    I have the same problem, it wont download the language pack

Quote Originally Posted by Sabban View Post
    I have the same problem, it wont download the language pack
    I bet their servers are getting swamped today. I had the same problem, so I'll just try when I get home after work.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

ROM
    ATT 4.5.91 GB 2.3.4

Id guess they are getting swamped as well. I've had this before it became free so I didn't have to try with amazon.

There's nothing like being able to hit space 5 or 6 times and it will fill in the sentence properly for you. I couldn't get used to swype, but that concept is great. FlexT9 has both a bit of Swype and swiftkey built into it for those who can't quite find the perfect one. But for me, it's Swiftkey All the way.

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Well I've played around with this for a while and I like it, but is there no way to use Vlingo with this? The default speech-to-text on Android is beyond awful, so if I must rely on that, I will be uninstalling immediately.

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

Is there anyone else wondering why we have to "buy" this keyboard a second time? I purchased the first Swiftkey. Now they want me to buy Swiftkey X too, rather than giving me the update? That seems lame. Apparently the previous version of Swiftkey has been discontinued/replaced with the "X" version. Seems like a sly way of getting us to re-purchase what we had already owned???

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by pistos View Post
    Is there anyone else wondering why we have to "buy" this keyboard a second time? I purchased the first Swiftkey. Now they want me to buy Swiftkey X too, rather than giving me the update? That seems lame. Apparently the previous version of Swiftkey has been discontinued/replaced with the "X" version. Seems like a sly way of getting us to re-purchase what we had already owned???
    That's odd. I bought the original Swiftkey from the Market, and got a free upgrade to Swiftkey X once it was out of beta. I would have assumed they would have done the same thing in the Amazon App Store.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.

Global Posts
    10,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by pistos View Post
    I got Swiftkey X as a free upgrade through the market... It might have been a promotion that lasted a few days because I know the price was also reduced. Send the developer an email and see if they will honor your prior purchase of Swiftkey and give you the update

ROM
    CM9

Should I be worried about some of the EULA like collecting and distributing data???

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

I just went to the Swiftkey website and they do indeed say that "X" is a free upgrade for current owners. I will need to check into this a little more. Thanks.

I typically look each day to see what app is free. After missing out on the $.99 special offered last week I was pleasantly surprised to see it offered free today. Downloaded it immediately to try it out. Thanks Amazon!

Ok, what is going on with Amazon and this app? I installed it, and after I was done it was listed in my upgrades. So I upgraded and it was still listed in my upgrades, so I upgraded again. So now I have done the initial install and 2 upgrades. But it is still there in upgrades!
    Is anyone seeing this? Should I keep upgrading?

Global Posts
    10,106 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by RitzSlinger View Post
    Should I be worried about some of the EULA like collecting and distributing data???
    There was an interesting read about this on their site. I believe they collect data that is encrypted and not tied to a particular phone. Meaning, they don't know anything other than the information being passed along to help improve the service then it's discarded. Personal information is not collected. You might want to read through it and shoot them an email for clarification on this.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jnadelman View Post
    Ok, what is going on with Amazon and this app? I installed it, and after I was done it was listed in my upgrades. So I upgraded and it was still listed in my upgrades, so I upgraded again. So now I have done the initial install and 2 upgrades. But it is still there in upgrades!
    Is anyone seeing this? Should I keep upgrading?
    I had the same problem. I ended up uninstalling all prior versions of swiftkey and then installing the purchased Amazon app. Worked fine after that