Keyboard identical or VERY similar to iPhone?

JordyRulezD00d

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post.

I was just looking for a keyboard like the iPhone's.

Features I'm looking for:
To double tap the space bar to insert a period
Have similar auto correct like the iPhone
When you type in, for example "goeat" by accident, it will automatically correct it to "go eat"
Etc.

Thanks for the help!

JordyRulezD00d

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
So no keyboards like this? Or are there any keyboards with a wider space bar? I keep hitting the period and B key when I'm trying to space so.i.typeblikebthis.sometimes

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I use SwiftKey X and it has double space period and good auto correction and predictions. It doesn't separate one word into two, like you are looking for.

I believe there is a free trial period just in case you don't like it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: milominderbinde

berrygood909

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to know what the most accurate keyboard was. I don't rely on keyboards to spell for me. But I do want a keyboard that if I hit a letter it is accurate. I found the keyboards on samsung droids to suck and this is really important for me. I have had the IPhone for 2 weeks and I am looking to get the Galaxy SII but the keyboard on the Iphone is remarkably accurate.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to know what the most accurate keyboard was. I don't rely on keyboards to spell for me. But I do want a keyboard that if I hit a letter it is accurate. I found the keyboards on samsung droids to suck and this is really important for me. I have had the IPhone for 2 weeks and I am looking to get the Galaxy SII but the keyboard on the Iphone is remarkably accurate.

There are several keyboards in the Market. Most have free trials. Use several and find on that works for you. There's no one size fits all when it comes to keyboards.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I just finished my swift key trial and I loved it. After a week or so of use it would practically write sentences for me if I was saying something I usually did or it came close. Only thing I did not like was it lagged a lot at times in landscape and would not respond or was so laggy that I'd have to switch out of landscape just to type out a message. That only happened with facebook, twitter and go sms, not emails, searching or very much when browsing the internet.

Also seemed to be really random as it hadn't done that the past few days nor the first week or so.

cckgz4

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Random FYI but to my knowledge, almost every Android device with stock keyboards have double spacing period functions

sropedia

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Stock ICS keyboard is fantastic it even separates combined words and is the only Android keyboard that does this to my knowledge

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I've uninstalled SwitftKey . . . the keyboard is just too cramped in both orientations and I hated the fact that voice dictation became 2 keypresses instead of one. While it may be smarter about predictive text, it needs something remotely resembling a real word to start from and the keyboard simply wouldn't allow that for me. I have much better luck with the multi-touch keyboard.

lasercomp

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I use something called Ice Cream Sandwich keyboard free. I've tried go keybaord and smart keyboard and swype and I find this ice cream one to be the most accurate and comfortable. Try it, it's free.

co1458

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Im using the stock ICS keyboard on my Nexus. It fits the phone's theme and design language better. I have swiftkey paid version but not using it.

tip :
if you change the autocorrection sensitivity to aggressive, you pretty much get the same result when typing as you would with swiftkey. just my 02

eahinrichsen

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The SwiftKey 3 beta (not available in the Play Store; you have to sign up at swiftkey.net) does such a good job of recognizing combined words that you can largely forget about the spacebar in general.