Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Swiftkey X

I'm currently using Swiftkey 3 as well. It does require a bit of re-learning. But that's no problem considering the keyboard seems more intuitive and efficient. It's a great enhancement and the two new themes are a refresh to the keyboard design.

Anyone can sign up on their VIP forum and download the Beta.

I'm a fan of SwiftKey. I've been using it for ages now and don't think I'd ever go to a different keyboard. I've got it on my phone and my tablet.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk 2

I definitely agree that SwiftKey is amazing. The auto correct is the best in the business. I just upgraded it to SwiftKey 3 beta. It is only a beta in name it builds on the success of x. It is the only keyboard I will ever use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Lavitapostandroid View Post
    I definitely agree that SwiftKey is amazing. The auto correct is the best in the business. I just upgraded it to SwiftKey 3 beta. It is only a beta in name it builds on the success of x. It is the only keyboard I will ever use.

Agreed! I can't use anything else.

Always been my favorite. Still is. And the best customer service in the industry. If you care about how your messages, posts, emails, etc., look, this is the app for you. If you don't care, use whatever else is out there. The 3 Beta may need a few tweaks before total public release, but it is already outstanding, even in Beta.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

i am having trouble disabling the stock keyboard on my galaxy nexus. it is grayed out so i am unable to enable swiftkey, any suggestions.

I am trying swiftkey x on my verizon galaxy prime reading so many great reviews of it. Everytime I change out the battery/replace whether I do that with power on or off swiftkey will no longer make predictions.
    I have to uninstall and reinstall. I am running ics and have made no changes to stock phone.
    I wrote to swiftkey customer support but no response.

Anyone else? Any solutions?

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

Is it worth buying swiftkey X now (want to support the developers) or should I wait for swiftkey 3?

Another question I got is if I buy swiftkey X now, will it a free update/upgrade to swiftkey 3 when it comes out?
    Last edited by Colclutz; 05-02-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Colclutz View Post
    Is it worth buying swiftkey X now (want to support the developers) or should I wait for swiftkey 3?

Another question I got is if I buy swiftkey X now, will it a free update/upgrade to swiftkey 3 when it comes out?
    I believe Swiftkey has said that Swiftkey X users will be upgraded to Swiftkey 3. Original Swiftkey users were upgraded to Swiftkey X via the Play Store at no charge.

whats all the hipe about swiftkey x
    i tried it but didnt like it
    its like cheap theme n only 4 themes
    if u want good keyboard try touch pal

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by hakimmmmm View Post

Different strokes for different folk's

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

there are a couple of good themes in the new beta. The hype is the auto-correct. There is a mode for fast typers who make small mistakes. if i were to type "hipp", it would auto-correct it to "hip", whereas another keyboard could put in "hippopotamus". It's not predictive, it's corrective. the new one will correct things like "whatvare" to "what are" and "atleast" to "at least"

i for one prefer it over swipe keyboards because i hate the greasy fingerprints and the feeling of prolonged glass rubbing.
    Thanked by:
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    842 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Yeah try the beta

http://goo.gl/EiTFn

follow me on Twitter @JoshuaWorth
    Thanked by:

Does SwiftKey have bigger keys, I got fat fingers

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by RMachen View Post
    Does SwiftKey have bigger keys, I got fat fingers
    Yes. And Swiftkey offers you the ability to enlarge the height of the keyboard in either portrait or landscape mode. The larger keys was the original reason I made the switch to Swiftkey. There's a free trial available in the play store. Doesn't hurt to give it a try.

SwiftKey isn't a "theme" keyboard. It's about speed and accuracy. The SwiftKey 3, cobalt theme is nice looking though.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

I very happy with Swiftkey X. One of the few apps that I have paid for ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

I agree. Swiftkey is awesome. It's true that it's text prediction is very good. It really learns how you write. Swiftkey 3 which is coming soon looks even better!

I can attest to SwiftKey 3 being the best keyboard I've used. It's much better at prediction than others I've tried.

I really like the new feature where you keep typing words without hitting the spacebar after each word. Type in 3 to 5 without a space and it auto includes the space in the right spot. It speeds up typing by not having to select each word or hit the space bar every time.

I deleted my free copy of SwiftKey X from the amazon app store and bought the paid version from Google play for a couple reasons.
    1. Amazon is always lagging behind on release approval so you usually get an old version of the app.
    2. SwiftKey is an awesome keyboard and I wanted to support their development efforts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums app

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Yes. And Swiftkey offers you the ability to enlarge the height of the keyboard in either portrait or landscape mode. The larger keys was the original reason I made the switch to Swiftkey. There's a free trial available in the play store. Doesn't hurt to give it a try.
    But even with the keys set to "large" they are still comparatively small. My preference is the "white" keys but they are woefully dingy looking IMHO. I wish that SwiftKey's creators would come up some new themes, specifically, an Iphone type real white set that can be made larger than what is currently offered. As much as I like SwiftKey, I always seem to come back to A.I. Keyboard for it's very nice Iphone keys and the ability to resize them on the fly. It's prediction ability admittedly isn't as good as Swiftkey but I just find it more my taste from an asthetic and use standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by bdroc View Post
    there are a couple of good themes in the new beta. The hype is the auto-correct. There is a mode for fast typers who make small mistakes. if i were to type "hipp", it would auto-correct it to "hip", whereas another keyboard could put in "hippopotamus". It's not predictive, it's corrective. the new one will correct things like "whatvare" to "what are" and "atleast" to "at least"

i for one prefer it over swipe keyboards because i hate the greasy fingerprints and the feeling of prolonged glass rubbing.
    Besides just the standard auto-correct and predictions (SwiftKey does both), it's also a learning keyboard. It learns how you type, what words you prefer, what words you use together, etc and uses that info to improve it's predictions. So it doesn't just use it's dictionary to predict and correct. It learns how your speak, your slang, your misspellings, etc. I used to be able to type whole sentences only tapping an handful of letters; it predicted everything else correctly. Unfortunately, when I went from SwiftKeyX to SwiftKey 3 Beta to SwiftKey 3 it lost the app data. (something about having X and Beta installed at the same time, and then uninstalling Beta) So it's re-learning me. In a few months the predictions will be a lot better than they are now.

That's the cool thing about SwiftKey. It good when you first start using it, but it keep getting better as it learns the way you use language.

swiftkey X is the best out!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12