Swiftkey X

Meko2301

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
if you want the best keyboard out there you have to get Swiftkey X
i found that to be the best keyboard out for the android market,
and i tried plenty. it even have cool themes to keep it from looking boring.

Reactions: fofjjsr

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey is one of my favorite keyboards on my SGS. On my gTablet, it really allows my typing down. The tablet is so wide, the keys are to far in to reach quickly, even using the tablet version. It's a shame really. There is plenty of space for them to move the keys closer to the edges. Hopefully they work on this. So, even though I use SwiftKey on my phone, I prefer Thumb Keyboard or FlexT9 on my tablet.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Another SwiftKey user here :)

I do agree with the previous post that there are better performing keyboards for tablets. I've heard nothing but good things about thumb and tablets.

My only gripe about SwiftKey is the lack of themes. I like the ones out, but more can be thrown into the market or open up the keyboard for user themes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

GeekMcLeod

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Although it is the only keyboard I used, besides stock, it is definitely the best. I love the predictions and how it can learn words I use. Just overall, it's amazing.

lpileggi76

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Another Swiftkey fan here :)

Recently been trying out Adaptxt though. They released a beta update recently that I am liking quite a bit. Might get me to switch over from Swiftkey. We'll have to see. Have any of you tried this one?

spudskier

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I've been using SwiftKey for over a year now and I'm starting to look around for something else. Recently the spacebar has gone to hell... I can't seem to get a space to save my life. I usually end up with a "v" or a"b" and the words joining together. it's driving me insane and after a year I'd think it would predict better than it does...

tennvol

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Best is a highly subjective term. I've found that better keyboard works better for me.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

firephoenix

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
swift x is the best i have found so far and i like the spell checker as well. my only complaint is that it uses alot of memory but other then that its work well.

jonthedroid

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't like it at all, for something that's called Swift it's not swift at all, I've changed the type speed but I still outpace the app and it freezes while I'm typing, is anyone else having this problem?

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Swift key x is the best even for tablets. I don't have any problems with it on my tab. I'm typing this on my tab using Swift Key X right now. I can fly with this keyboard on my phone or my tablet.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I personally don't like it at all, for something that's called Swift it's not swift at all, I've changed the type speed but I still outpace the app and it freezes while I'm typing, is anyone else having this problem?

It's built around text prediction and not keyboard speed presses. You'll reduce the number of times you press a key by taking advantage of the prediction by pressing space bar or one of three predictions that are given to you. If the keyboard is freezing it could be due to one of two things: 1. your device is low on memory, 2. the device doesn't have a lot of memory to begin with.

Igothakrull

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's built around text prediction and not keyboard speed presses. You'll reduce the number of times you press a key by taking advantage of the prediction by pressing space bar or one of three predictions that are given to you. If the keyboard is freezing it could be due to one of two things: 1. your device is low on memory, 2. the device doesn't have a lot of memory to begin with.

Don't think so... I had the HTC Desire before got my nexus. And I never had problem unless I used viber or other apps wich could start to lag because of the long conversations.
It had 512mb of ram i belive.

Sent from my awesome galaxy nexus using tapatalk

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site

Nope not true at all I love swiftkey and use it but on both my evo design 4g and photon if its in portrait it sometimes flat out will not respond to commands but one key every several seconds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12