Swiftkey X

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Who's rocking SwiftKey 3 beta? It's cool. Slight learning curve

I am. :D

It has thankfully brought welcomed tweaks. For one, the space bar size is better now. The changes have made me return full time to SwiftKey.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently using Swiftkey 3 as well. It does require a bit of re-learning. But that's no problem considering the keyboard seems more intuitive and efficient. It's a great enhancement and the two new themes are a refresh to the keyboard design.

Anyone can sign up on their VIP forum and download the Beta.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm a fan of SwiftKey. I've been using it for ages now and don't think I'd ever go to a different keyboard. I've got it on my phone and my tablet.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk 2

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I definitely agree that SwiftKey is amazing. The auto correct is the best in the business. I just upgraded it to SwiftKey 3 beta. It is only a beta in name it builds on the success of x. It is the only keyboard I will ever use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Igothakrull

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I definitely agree that SwiftKey is amazing. The auto correct is the best in the business. I just upgraded it to SwiftKey 3 beta. It is only a beta in name it builds on the success of x. It is the only keyboard I will ever use.

Agreed! I can't use anything else. :p

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Always been my favorite. Still is. And the best customer service in the industry. If you care about how your messages, posts, emails, etc., look, this is the app for you. If you don't care, use whatever else is out there. The 3 Beta may need a few tweaks before total public release, but it is already outstanding, even in Beta.

amstre

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I am trying swiftkey x on my verizon galaxy prime reading so many great reviews of it. Everytime I change out the battery/replace whether I do that with power on or off swiftkey will no longer make predictions.
I have to uninstall and reinstall. I am running ics and have made no changes to stock phone.
I wrote to swiftkey customer support but no response.

Anyone else? Any solutions?

Wreckus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it worth buying swiftkey X now (want to support the developers) or should I wait for swiftkey 3?

Another question I got is if I buy swiftkey X now, will it a free update/upgrade to swiftkey 3 when it comes out?

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth buying swiftkey X now (want to support the developers) or should I wait for swiftkey 3?

Another question I got is if I buy swiftkey X now, will it a free update/upgrade to swiftkey 3 when it comes out?

I believe Swiftkey has said that Swiftkey X users will be upgraded to Swiftkey 3. Original Swiftkey users were upgraded to Swiftkey X via the Play Store at no charge.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
whats all the hipe about swiftkey x
i tried it but didnt like it
its like cheap theme n only 4 themes
if u want good keyboard try touch pal

bdroc

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
whats all the hipe about swiftkey x
i tried it but didnt like it
its like cheap theme n only 4 themes
if u want good keyboard try touch pal

there are a couple of good themes in the new beta. The hype is the auto-correct. There is a mode for fast typers who make small mistakes. if i were to type "hipp", it would auto-correct it to "hip", whereas another keyboard could put in "hippopotamus". It's not predictive, it's corrective. the new one will correct things like "whatvare" to "what are" and "atleast" to "at least"

i for one prefer it over swipe keyboards because i hate the greasy fingerprints and the feeling of prolonged glass rubbing.

Reactions: kirksucks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does SwiftKey have bigger keys, I got fat fingers

Yes. And Swiftkey offers you the ability to enlarge the height of the keyboard in either portrait or landscape mode. The larger keys was the original reason I made the switch to Swiftkey. There's a free trial available in the play store. Doesn't hurt to give it a try.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey isn't a "theme" keyboard. It's about speed and accuracy. The SwiftKey 3, cobalt theme is nice looking though.

Sent from my unrooted DInc2 via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463