1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Swype or TouchPal

I'm checking out TouchPal as a replacement for Swype (not the latest Beta), but so far it's not winning me over. The absolute deal breaker is not being able to slide to capitalize. Am I missing something or is this the way it works?
    Last edited by bruce7373; 07-09-2012 at 10:26 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Yeah, I'm back to using Swype. Checked out a bunch of the alternatives and nothing was better, IMO.

ROM
    Stock

I've tried almost all keyboards, but could never get over Swype. It is the smoothest keyboard available!

Author of NoobTech:

Default Re: Swype or TouchPal

Hi. I've been using Swype for & long a I've had Android phones and LOVED out. All of a sudden it's messing up.
    It just stops inputting after I'm in the middle of a msg. It'll show a word suggestion, I tap on it and nothing happens. Or it just won't let me input anything. I haven't installed anything. It just started a couple hrs ago. I rebooted it twice and it's still doing it. Had to switch back to Samsung our Android k.b. I really hate both cuz of no Swype and no characters on the whole middle line ie: &$45+:". Hafta keep switching to sym, back n forth.
    Is there a way I can uninstall and reinstall it. Or is there another fix a available?

Default Re: Swype or TouchPal

Posted this over at xda but thought it would be worth it here as well:

TouchPal wins if only for the way it handles numbers. Swipe up for a number is genius - press and hold on Swype and Swift seems so annoying now after experiencing the TouchPal way. It doesn't get in the way of swipe-to-type (because you're swiping up into nowhere) while still saving screen real-estate.

I still have Swype and Swiftkey (and Flow Beta) installed but just wanted to put this plug in for a little-known feature that I think is killer and deserves applause.