Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Default Swiftkey 3 Battery Issue

Anyone having battery drain issues with the latest Swiftkey 3 release? I'm on version .302, on a DInc2 running Stock 2.3.4. Last night, 9 hrs off the charger untouched (I was sleeping) I saw a 23% battery drain from it, showing 43 minutes of "Kept Awake" and 348 wakelocks.

I had the same issue the night before, so I disabled it, unchecking it as an available keyboard option, and killed the process. The process just re-started but I left it installed to see what it would do being uninstalled but not being "enabled", but same issue. I've uninstalled it today, hopefully the next update fixes it, and I can try it again, because I truely do love this keyboard, but not at the expense of the battery life.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vicious JellyBean 4.1.1

Default Re: Swiftkey 3 Battery Issue

Ouch. I hope this gets resolved, I have the trial version now and really would like to purchase the paid version once the trial ends.
    Queendroid

Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That's weird. I just checked and mine isn't even showing up in battery usage.

I have the paid version, FWIW.

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

Add me to the list. My battery was doing fine until I installed the paid version of swiftkey 3 onto my EVO LTE. After uninstalling it and going back to touchpal, my battery has been fine.

Global Posts
    7,416 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

No problems here, Epic 4g Touch on Sprint.

No problem with it on the Sprint GNex. I'm running the paid version from the Amazon App Store.

No problem here either I have the s3 and i'm running the trial. Not a single blip on my battery.

paid version on my S3, no issues.

Just finished using the trial version. Can't say I noticed a difference in battery drain. Using A.I Keyboard at the moment which I like.

Sent from my GT-I9100

I installed Swiftkey 3 Trial on my Orange San Diego (Intel Medfield chip). If found that if I went to bed with a 100% battery I'd wake up to find it completely drained in the morning. I've since removed Swiftkey and my battery usage is decent again.

Something not quite right going on here I think

I have been using this keyboard for a long time now. No battery issues here with the keyboard.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

SwiftKey 3 user longtime - - no problems.

I am the Galaxy and I Approve this Message
    Sent from my SPH - D710

no problems here ! ==> 3VO

Same battery issues with me on my Galaxy Nexus running the paid version.

I recently added SwiftKey 3 to my galaxy s3 and was shocked at how quickly the battery drained. I uninstalled it but I love the keyboard so much I started searching for ways to get around the problem. I had noticed that Google was the 2nd biggest battery user during the time. Every I had SwiftKey installed, so I reinstalled it but did not allow it to use my email or Facebook to customize my word usage. Good news. My battery has reminded up and fine, and have not noticed any loss of functionality of SwiftKey in regards to word predictions. It's worth a try. I also had this app installed on my Incredible 2 and had no battery trouble so this was new with my galaxy. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have fixed the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Wileemiller View Post
    I recently added SwiftKey 3 to my galaxy s3 and was shocked at how quickly the battery drained. I uninstalled it but I love the keyboard so much I started searching for ways to get around the problem. I had noticed that Google was the 2nd biggest battery user during the time. Every I had SwiftKey installed, so I reinstalled it but did not allow it to use my email or Facebook to customize my word usage. Good news. My battery has reminded up and fine, and have not noticed any loss of functionality of SwiftKey in regards to word predictions. It's worth a try. I also had this app installed on my Incredible 2 and had no battery trouble so this was new with my galaxy. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have fixed the problem
    Wow,, that's interesting. I have been using SwiftKey for a very long time now with no battery issues. That may be the reason why. From the beginning I never gave permission to do that either.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.