Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Flow Beta now avaliable

Quote Originally Posted by Cmorris8848 View Post
    You have to think of it this way. Would you use the flow feature to type in your password? How about a funky username? A different Web address? Pretty much no. It is just common sense.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Seeing as Swype does allow you to swipe in usernames and web addresses, many would like to see SwiftKey implement that as well.

The only instance where Swype does not swipe is in a password field.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gtbarry View Post
    From the Swiftkey VIP forum:

Flow doesn't work where predictions are already provided by the program they're running in, like in browsers' URLs, email addresses and search bars in general. The same happened in SwiftKey 3.
    This is not a bug, this is intended.

Personally, I find this confusing. I don't think I should have to memorize Swiftkey works here...not there...but here...but not there.
    +1

Very confusing and can be a deal breaker for me if it gets too annoying. I'd just go back to stock 4.2 keyboard or Swype.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by STL Tech Talk View Post
    Seeing as Swype does allow you to swipe in usernames and web addresses, many would like to see SwiftKey implement that as well.

The only instance where Swype does not swipe is in a password field.
    +1

Yep I agree. SWIFTKEY needs to rethink this one and add this ability in...

Sent from my Nexus 7

Also, I find that the swipe doesn't work in my email program. I'm hoping that's just because the developers haven't yet implemented it for that. After all, it is beta.

Sent from my GT-I9300
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sfrrr View Post
    No, no problems downloading. I it did take about five minutes to complete the process of analyzing my email.

I'm a diehard fan of Șwype, but I think Swift keyboard just stole my heart. The swiping is almost as accurate as Swype's, and sometimes the prediction is surprisingly good. Not quite as good as I remember it though. For example, Flow has yet to recognize SwiftKey's own name.

Sent from my GT-I9300
    Flow has quite a ways to go... It misses a lot of the words that I'm trying to write...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

It is still a beta

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

I'm liking it so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

My first time using it. Odd that flow o no y works in porate Mode.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

It's pretty badass for me. I like the space bar implementation as well

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

It took many attempts to get the US language pack downloaded . . . I'm wondering what's going to happen when this goes GA.

And while it's a beta and installs itself in addition to Swiftkey 3, I don't understand why it can't leverage my existing predictive vocabulary and has to re-learn from my SMS, email and social media sources. I'm hoping that's something they'll fix before GA; even with those inputs, Swiftkey still needs to fine tune itself for days/weeks to accommodate my writing style.

I'm focusing on touch typing with it anyway; I just want to make sure it's not broken by the implementation of the Swype-like capabilities.
    _X_

Global Posts
    621 Global Posts

Not to crazy about flotar the moment , it makes a lot of mistakes. Swype and FlexT9 prediction where more forgiving and more accurate. With flow one has to hit the right words else it goes off and creates some strange words.

I'm hoping it bets better because they've done an amazing job with SwiftKey 3 having flow integrated will be amazing.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I agree about the accuracy. I figured it was due to ťhe fact that it's a beta. Also, I got used to having perhaps ten choices, which gives swype the illusion of greater accuracy.

And someone before us asked whether one had to lift one's finger between words, the and I answered, "No." Now I find that much more often than not, I do have to separate word swipes. Not a biggie for me. I find I save time by lifting my finger slightly at ťhe end of every word.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post
    When I download the tablet version from the website it doesn't allow me to press install. Has anyone else encountered this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    I had the same problem, restarted my phone and then it worked..

Sent from my Sammy GS3

Also doesn't swipe in Google Play store.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Also swipe to delete and swipe to hide aren't working, i love those functions in Swiftkey

One of three newly installed apps has slowed down my system noticeably. Is it possible Flow is the cause?

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.1.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by HoLfElDeR View Post
    Also swipe to delete and swipe to hide aren't working, i love those functions in Swiftkey
    I originally had a problem with swipe to delete. It takes a little getting used to in order to not need that feature. Hold backspace and it will delete the whole word as opposed to text then word. It's obvious why they removed these features when the Flow feature is on. Perhaps they'll come up with an ingenious idea to add those features and not conflict with Flow.

Alright.. I have the zip.. but the phone won't install it. Everytime I click on it.. it just opens the zip file. In the past, I would just click on the zip and it would give me the ' you sure you wanna install a non-market app?'...

What am I doing wrong?

- Feeling Goofy...

I'm not having any problem with word predictions. In my experience this is far better than swype and the stock keyboard. With swype I still had to tap out half the words I was trying to type. This is a major improvement IMO. I barely have to tap any words at all now.... maybe 1 word every 3 sentences. And since I hated swype, I very new to the "swype style" but I'm liking this more n more each time I use it.

Sent from my SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I found the prediction element was getting less and less accurate over time. Also, something had noticeably slowed down my system. I have deactivated Swiftkey Flow and returned to Swype until the next Flow beta update, at which time I'll reactivate it and deactivate Swype.

Do you think that Flow showed down my phone because I only deactivated Swype and didn't uninstall it?

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Imo this blows away flext9 and anything else I've used. It's given me problems downloading languages but in use, bar none, the best keyboard I've ever used.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

They really need something to allow for quick deletion of incorrectly predicted words.

It really slows you down when you have to stop and hold down backspace for it to delete. I can understand why they had to take out swipe to delete like in regular SwiftKey, but there has to be a better solution than this.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    Alright.. I have the zip.. but the phone won't install it. Everytime I click on it.. it just opens the zip file. In the past, I would just click on the zip and it would give me the ' you sure you wanna install a non-market app?'...

What am I doing wrong?

- Feeling Goofy...

Did you install it yet? If not, download Astro or ES File Explorer and navigate to the file and open it. If its still in .zip it will need to be opened to access the .apk, which can be clicked on and installed via the prompt.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

After using this for a week or two I went back to Swype. It just didn't feel the same and wasn't as good at predicting my text. I think I also got used to the Swype layout. All it needs is to get on the play store now.

Unfortunately, I'm with avenger09. This is my last post using Flow. Its predictions are wrong even when the word is obvious or frequent, and if I correct it, it frequently corrects my correction, even if I had tapped it all out one letter at a time. Lately, Flow and I have had some epic battles--my victory rate is only about 50%. Also, one can't swipe into any Google-based Input box. You have to tap out your text one letter at a time--annoying.

Last edited by sfrrr; 01-04-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast