Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #101  

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Default Re: SwiftKey Flow returns lol

Posted the newest beta.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch running CyanogenMod 10

Global Posts
    1,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Back to swift key flow beta I go lol
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #103  

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by Tkbredx View Post
    Back to swift key flow beta I go lol

+1 LOL!

You know I was trying to post a smartass comment on imgur and Flow wouldn't allow me to post because it would force a carriage return. SwiftKey 3 worked fine, as did the stock keyboard... but then I discovered the stock keyboardwhat a kickass keyboard! I'm actually liking it better than Flow right now, I wouldn't suggest it for anyone without some grammar and spelling skills because it's not SwiftKey as far as auto-correction goes. It the stock JellyBean keyboard based on Swype?

Also I downloaded the "latest" Flow Beta last night, although listed as 4.0.0.76 the file downloaded is 4.0.0.75, still had the same problem with imgur, though.
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

I using the latest beta and loving it. All the problems I had with previous flow betas have disappeared... Except that it silk won't let you swipe in Google text boxes. Have to tap, tap, tap.

In between flow betas, I used Skype, which I used to love. But something happened to its accuracy - - it autocorrected very. (too?) often, but was correct only about 30 percent of the time.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

I gather you meant still instead of "silk" and Swype instead of "Skype"?

I just uninstalled the Swype Beta myself, the stock JellyBean keyboard is a lot more intuitive and fluid to use.
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

Silk was supposed to be still. And. Oh for heavens sake, yes I meant swype rather than Skype. Maybe I'll just turn off all autocorrection. That may mean I have to tap instead of swipe, but I'll bet input becomes a lot faster.

Will report back.

Update : it must be incredibly difficult to. Makes correction algorithms for swipe-type systems. It seems so slow to tap-tap-tap a message (rather than swipe), but it's a whole lot more accurate. I'm not sure how to test this all systematically though: plain SwiftKey with its great prediction elements... Versus flow and it's too-often wrong autocorrection.

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

I was using the swiftkey beta happily for the last week or so until a language update this morning caused it to start force closing on me.

IM not sure what to do next and don't have time to look into it right now so IM back to swipe for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by SRR500 View Post
    I was using the swiftkey beta happily for the last week or so until a language update this morning caused it to start force closing on me. IM not sure what to do next and don't have time to look into it right now so IM back to swipe for the time being.
    Have you tried rebooting your phone or quitting open/running cached processes pertaining to SwiftKey?
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

Quote Originally Posted by SRR500 View Post
    I was using the swiftkey beta happily for the last week or so until a language update this morning caused it to start force closing on me.

IM not sure what to do next and don't have time to look into it right now so IM back to swipe for the time being.
    I had that same update but no issues with it.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    love my evo.

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    Have you tried rebooting your phone or quitting open/running cached processes pertaining to SwiftKey?
    I swapped out my dead battery earlier. I'll turn on SwiftKey again and see if there is any improvement.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #113  

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

I've had some issues with it typing gibberish (seems to be a common problem with SwiftKey for me) whileusing Chrome

More update. Without Flow, SwiftKey 's prediction engine is as amazing as ever. I've gotten to the point that I'm surprised when it's wrong.

It's just that tap-tap-tapping seems so slow next to swiping.

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

the reboot helped some for me. There still seems to be some lag occasionally and once in a while it even locks up for a few seconds. It seems to depend on what app I happen to be using at the time. Google plus seems to cause the most trouble.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #116  

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Have you guys updated to the newest version?

Yes upgraded but haven't toyed with it.

I went back to Swype beta 1.4 after the last Swift Key Flow update because I was getting frustrated at Flows stubbornness to learn certain common words. Figured I'd give Swype a run again and I've been happy. I will have to give Swiftkey another go this week to see the changes.

Either way both 3rd party keyboards have their goods and bads just comes down to what fits you the best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

Swiftkey updated and now includes Flow. Nice addition
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

I have updated and now have flow. I was under the impression i could type entire sentences without lifting my finger off the screen. I have tried several applications and it does not seem to work. I 'swype' out an entire sentence and all it seems to recognize is a single word. Anyone have any suggestions? (Yes I have 'enabled' flow in the settings)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSurrealist View Post
    I have updated and now have flow. I was under the impression i could type entire sentences without lifting my finger off the screen. I have tried several applications and it does not seem to work. I 'swype' out an entire sentence and all it seems to recognize is a single word. Anyone have any suggestions? (Yes I have 'enabled' flow in the settings)
    Are you remembering to slide your finger over the spacebar between each word?

No. As obvious as that is... I just figured it would recognize the end of one word and the beginning of another. I feel so dumb lol.

Default Re: SwiftKey Flow is now out of beta!

After working with the latest beta for about a week with Flow turned on, I've observed a few things. Right away, Flow was more accurate - - much more accurate--than the previous beta or than Swype. But as the days have gone on, is become less accurate. Still not matching swype 's inaccuracies, but flow' s accuracy is worsening. To me, this is counter - intuitive. Shouldn't it get increasingly accurate as it builds up my personal dictionary? (I noticed this happened with Swype too.)

What's going on here? Can anyone explain this to us?

Global Posts
    1,859 Global Posts
    ROM
    TeamSonicFreeGS3 v9.1

Loving swift key

Absolutely loving the new SwiftKey. It's amazing :thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."

Used swift key flow for a couple months.I'm a very active user..I recently got fed up with the lack of accuracy that I was getting and decided to switch back to Swype...I love Swype but was looking for more customizable options..themes and trace color etc..I found beta Swype online and downloaded it..wow..it's amazing.I recommend this keyboard to anyone that likes Swype or swift key flow..I've not heard of anyone recommending it before so thought I would throw it out there

Sent from my amazing HTC
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345