SwiftKey Flow is now out of beta!

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Flow Beta now avaliable

No, no problems downloading. I it did take about five minutes to complete the process of analyzing my email.

I'm a diehard fan of Șwype, but I think Swift keyboard just stole my heart. The swiping is almost as accurate as Swype's, and sometimes the prediction is surprisingly good. Not quite as good as I remember it though. For example, Flow has yet to recognize SwiftKey's own name.

Sent from my GT-I9300

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

The sliding feature is better than any other I have ever seen,, very nice

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

The more you use it the better it gets. It learns as it goes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Just in case anyone is looking for a few screen shots...

Cobalt theme

uploadfromtaptalk1354814428746.jpg

Holo theme

uploadfromtaptalk1354814452474.jpg

Neon

uploadfromtaptalk1354814471595.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

OK on Swift Key blog there is at least one report of my same issue, can't press Install. Just FYI.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

gtbarry

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Flow [UPDATE]

It seems to work okay, but when ever your at at a login field, flow isn't enabled. I must admit, I thought the experience would be a bit better but the prediction is very good

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

From the Swiftkey VIP forum:

Flow doesn't work where predictions are already provided by the program they're running in, like in browsers' URLs, email addresses and search bars in general. The same happened in SwiftKey 3.
This is not a bug, this is intended.

Personally, I find this confusing. I don't think I should have to memorize Swiftkey works here...not there...but here...but not there.

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

Flow doesn't work where predictions are already provided by the program they're running in, like in browsers' URLs, email addresses and search bars in general. The same happened in SwiftKey 3.

Personally, I find this confusing. I don't think I should have to memorize Swiftkey works here...not there...but here...but not there.

You have to think of it this way. Would you use the flow feature to type in your password? How about a funky username? A different Web address? Pretty much no. It is just common sense.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site

You have to think of it this way. Would you use the flow feature to type in your password? How about a funky username? A different Web address? Pretty much no. It is just common sense.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Seeing as Swype does allow you to swipe in usernames and web addresses, many would like to see SwiftKey implement that as well.

The only instance where Swype does not swipe is in a password field.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

+1

Very confusing and can be a deal breaker for me if it gets too annoying. I'd just go back to stock 4.2 keyboard or Swype. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

Seeing as Swype does allow you to swipe in usernames and web addresses, many would like to see SwiftKey implement that as well.

The only instance where Swype does not swipe is in a password field.

+1

Yep I agree. SWIFTKEY needs to rethink this one and add this ability in...

Sent from my Nexus 7

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Also, I find that the swipe doesn't work in my email program. I'm hoping that's just because the developers haven't yet implemented it for that. After all, it is beta.

Sent from my GT-I9300

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

No, no problems downloading. I it did take about five minutes to complete the process of analyzing my email.

I'm a diehard fan of Șwype, but I think Swift keyboard just stole my heart. The swiping is almost as accurate as Swype's, and sometimes the prediction is surprisingly good. Not quite as good as I remember it though. For example, Flow has yet to recognize SwiftKey's own name.

Sent from my GT-I9300

Flow has quite a ways to go... It misses a lot of the words that I'm trying to write...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site

My first time using it. Odd that flow o no y works in porate Mode.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

It's pretty badass for me. I like the space bar implementation as well

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

It took many attempts to get the US language pack downloaded . . . I'm wondering what's going to happen when this goes GA.

And while it's a beta and installs itself in addition to Swiftkey 3, I don't understand why it can't leverage my existing predictive vocabulary and has to re-learn from my SMS, email and social media sources. I'm hoping that's something they'll fix before GA; even with those inputs, Swiftkey still needs to fine tune itself for days/weeks to accommodate my writing style.

I'm focusing on touch typing with it anyway; I just want to make sure it's not broken by the implementation of the Swype-like capabilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard