SwiftKey Flow is now out of beta!

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: SwiftKey Flow returns lol

You know I was trying to post a smartass comment on imgur and Flow wouldn't allow me to post because it would force a carriage return. SwiftKey 3 worked fine, as did the stock keyboard... but then I discovered the stock keyboard?what a kickass keyboard! I'm actually liking it better than Flow right now, I wouldn't suggest it for anyone without some grammar and spelling skills because it's not SwiftKey as far as auto-correction goes. It the stock JellyBean keyboard based on Swype?

Also I downloaded the "latest" Flow Beta last night, although listed as 4.0.0.76 the file downloaded is 4.0.0.75, still had the same problem with imgur, though.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I using the latest beta and loving it. All the problems I had with previous flow betas have disappeared... Except that it silk won't let you swipe in Google text boxes. Have to tap, tap, tap.

In between flow betas, I used Skype, which I used to love. But something happened to its accuracy - - it autocorrected very. (too?) often, but was correct only about 30 percent of the time.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site

I gather you meant still instead of "silk" and Swype instead of "Skype"?

I just uninstalled the Swype Beta myself, the stock JellyBean keyboard is a lot more intuitive and fluid to use.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Silk was supposed to be still. And. Oh for heavens sake, yes I meant swype rather than Skype. Maybe I'll just turn off all autocorrection. That may mean I have to tap instead of swipe, but I'll bet input becomes a lot faster.

Will report back.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Update : it must be incredibly difficult to. Makes correction algorithms for swipe-type systems. It seems so slow to tap-tap-tap a message (rather than swipe), but it's a whole lot more accurate. I'm not sure how to test this all systematically though: plain SwiftKey with its great prediction elements... Versus flow and it's too-often wrong autocorrection.

SRR500

May 31, 2011
Visit site

I was using the swiftkey beta happily for the last week or so until a language update this morning caused it to start force closing on me.

IM not sure what to do next and don't have time to look into it right now so IM back to swipe for the time being.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I was using the swiftkey beta happily for the last week or so until a language update this morning caused it to start force closing on me. IM not sure what to do next and don't have time to look into it right now so IM back to swipe for the time being.
Have you tried rebooting your phone or quitting open/running cached processes pertaining to SwiftKey?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I was using the swiftkey beta happily for the last week or so until a language update this morning caused it to start force closing on me.

IM not sure what to do next and don't have time to look into it right now so IM back to swipe for the time being.

I had that same update but no issues with it.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I've had some issues with it typing gibberish (seems to be a common problem with SwiftKey for me) whileusing Chrome

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

More update. Without Flow, SwiftKey 's prediction engine is as amazing as ever. I've gotten to the point that I'm surprised when it's wrong.

It's just that tap-tap-tapping seems so slow next to swiping.

SRR500

May 31, 2011
Visit site

the reboot helped some for me. There still seems to be some lag occasionally and once in a while it even locks up for a few seconds. It seems to depend on what app I happen to be using at the time. Google plus seems to cause the most trouble.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Yes upgraded but haven't toyed with it.

I went back to Swype beta 1.4 after the last Swift Key Flow update because I was getting frustrated at Flows stubbornness to learn certain common words. Figured I'd give Swype a run again and I've been happy. I will have to give Swiftkey another go this week to see the changes.

Either way both 3rd party keyboards have their goods and bads just comes down to what fits you the best.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

TheSurrealist

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I have updated and now have flow. I was under the impression i could type entire sentences without lifting my finger off the screen. I have tried several applications and it does not seem to work. I 'swype' out an entire sentence and all it seems to recognize is a single word. Anyone have any suggestions? (Yes I have 'enabled' flow in the settings)

doovid184

May 30, 2012
Visit site

I have updated and now have flow. I was under the impression i could type entire sentences without lifting my finger off the screen. I have tried several applications and it does not seem to work. I 'swype' out an entire sentence and all it seems to recognize is a single word. Anyone have any suggestions? (Yes I have 'enabled' flow in the settings)

Are you remembering to slide your finger over the spacebar between each word?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty