Keybee, The Smart Keyboard.

Papaly1983

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody my name is Marco nice to meet you..!!!
After months of work finally I've developed my creature: Keybee, The Smart Keyboard.
For now it's a project (launched yesterday) but you can test it with the free app that I've published on Google Play (this is the link). I'm very exciting for the future.
Granny qwerty needs a rest after 150 years..!!! :)
I really hope that you enjoy Keybee and comment it so I can improve it and make it better day after day, because Keybee is not mine is yours..!!!!!
Have a GOOD day...!!!!!
Marco.

Last edited:

Papaly1983

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Here some info:

Keybee uses the perfect hexagonal beehives cell structure (hence the name) and a particular proportionality ratio which:
1) Maximizes the keyboard area by removing the useless spaces between the letters and makes optimal use of the height and width of the device resolution;
2) Greatly reduces the distance between the letters, so the thumb (or the index finger for tablets) will make a short way from letter to letter;
3) Shows the letters clearly (30% bigger size than the current standard in the same area);
4) Improves the keyboard appareance thanks to the smaller amount of buttons displayed;
5) Allows an ergonomic use of the smartphone, introducing an empty lateral area close to the right edge for right handed people or to the left edge for left handed.

Because only a change in structure is not enough for an interesting leap of quality, in this grid each letter is placed according to a detailed study of the analysis of the frequencies for the language in question (currently in English and Italian, but I will add Spanish, French, German and Portuguese soon). Letters are arranged in an intuitive manner to facilitate fast learning. Around the space bar, moved to the center being the most used button, there are the letters with the highest frequency and those that are most often at the beginning or at the end of words. In this way texting with the thumb (for smartphones), or with the fingers of one hand (for tablets), will be more natural, faster and more intuitive then the standard qwerty layout, studied and realized in 1864 to be used only with two hands.

The newly invented arrangment also promotes the linking of the most frequent word groups and syllables (pronouns, prepositions, terminations, etc.) that are close together as possible to guide the finger on the shortest possible route during their insertion. For example: as, at, in, are, be, it, is, he, ha-, hi-, she, of, or, for, our, my, to, -th-, the, wh-, -ch, -ck, -ing, -ad, -ed, qu-, br-, pr-, fr-, pl-, sa-, sy-, -ty-, -st, -nt, -ny. So, for a lot of words, or parts of words, it is not necessary to remove the finger but you can text moving it on the screen (swipe).

The structure, the smart arrangment of letters and the click+swipe combination reduce by more than half the number of touches necessary to write a text without using any predictive input method: this is the real leap of quality.

The current version is a test version because the project has started in 2013. The goal of this test version is to show the idea and the structure to users and developers who can try it and comment it. Meanwhile I'm studying on how to improve incented by reviews.

Here the Google Play link.

Papaly1983

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Here the Nexus compatibility:
SamsungGalaxy Nexus? toroplus
GoogleNexus S? crespo
GoogleNexus 4? mako
GoogleNexus S? crespo4g
GoogleGalaxy Nexus? toro
SamsungGalaxy Nexus? maguro
HTCNexus One? passion