Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dakid2k6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android Phone / Apple Keyboard

Okay, so I have an Apple 4s phone with the Emoji keyboard that has a bunch of different emoticons on it, everything from the usual collection of smiley faces to animal faces and other things. I send a text to my wife's Android phone and she gets the text just fine but instead of the emoticons she only sees empty boxes.

Is there an app or setting that will allow an Android Phone to see emoticons delivered from an Apple phone ?

Default Re: Android Phone / Apple Keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus Saxon View Post
    Okay, so I have an Apple 4s phone with the Emoji keyboard that has a bunch of different emoticons on it, everything from the usual collection of smiley faces to animal faces and other things. I send a text to my wife's Android phone and she gets the text just fine but instead of the emoticons she only sees empty boxes.

Is there an app or setting that will allow an Android Phone to see emoticons delivered from an Apple phone ?
    What text app is she using? Stock? If so you can download any app from the play store. They will enable emoticons. Some need an add on. All free. Me personally I use chomp SMS free then they place an ad small. On it. I also use hand cent SMS emoticons add on. Go SMS is free and there are more. Just check the play store.
    pirufiend likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, just the stock that came on her samsung replenish android phone. I'll look around the play store to see if there's one that specifically says it can see emoticons that come in from an apple phone. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicus Saxon View Post
    Yeah, just the stock that came on her samsung replenish android phone. I'll look around the play store to see if there's one that specifically says it can see emoticons that come in from an apple phone. Thanks for the tip.
    No problem. A lot of SMS apps now show the icons as well as allow her to send you some.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Use go SMS pro. Is free and works great.

- - - Updated - - -

Use go SMS pro. Is free and works great.
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch running CyanogenMod 10