Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Love_in_slowmotion
  • 1 Post By teamfoster03
  • 1 Post By Elite1
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default BB 10 keyboard

    Will we get a keyboard like the new bb keyboard I had it on my iPhone 4s and would like it on my gn2...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    jhoyquh12 likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: BB 10 keyboard

    I second that. Would be nice if some dev could make one.
  3. #3  
    svfd757's Avatar

    Posts
    696 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

    Default Re: BB 10 keyboard

    This is a great idea. I would like to try that keyboard out. It looks very interesting...
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!
  4. #4  
    Crisdean's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts

    Default Re: BB 10 keyboard

    Yeah as a BB user who wants to have an Android for fun it'd be good to have a proper keyboard
  5. #5  

    Default Re: BB 10 keyboard

    I too would like the bb10 keyboard on android. I tried the z10 and ended up returning it when I found that my IT department wasn't going to support it. A week later they forced us to new android devices. So far im adjusting but miss the bb keyboard.
    Anyone know of a keyboard that at least has the same layout as the bb keyboard? More specificly the 2nd level keys. Such as holding down P and getting @ and M for . and B for ! and A for *

    I think thats what Im missing the most is the keys that you would access on the bb with the ALT key. I know they are there but they are all in different positions.
    jhoyquh12 likes this.
  6. #6  
    Elite1's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,335 Global Posts

    Default Re: BB 10 keyboard

    Your best bet right now is probably SwiftKey:


    BBRY co-developed the BB10 keyboard with SwiftKey. It's not identical and doesn't have all the same features, like the word flicking for example, but does learn your typing habits.
    Tracks your usage too and shows you some cool metrics like how many autocorrects and "heatmap" of your keyboard presses. And allows some customizations like various skins to change keyboard colour scheme.

    There's a free version too. I haven't used either personally, so I couldn't tell you the difference there.
    I can tell you I know several people extremely satisfied with the paid version.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: BB 10 keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    Your best bet right now is probably SwiftKey:


    BBRY co-developed the BB10 keyboard with SwiftKey. It's not identical and doesn't have all the same features, like the word flicking for example, but does learn your typing habits.
    Tracks your usage too and shows you some cool metrics like how many autocorrects and "heatmap" of your keyboard presses. And allows some customizations like various skins to change keyboard colour scheme.

    There's a free version too. I haven't used either personally, so I couldn't tell you the difference there.
    I can tell you I know several people extremely satisfied with the paid version.
    Hey Elite! It's time for you to dump those BB's and get with the Android program!
  8. #8  
    Elite1's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,335 Global Posts

    Default Re: BB 10 keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by tsells View Post
    Hey Elite! It's time for you to dump those BB's and get with the Android program!

    Just saw this now!

    If BB10 was officially no more, this is where I'd be. I just don't care for iOS.
    Just checked out Note 3 the other week. What a slick device. But S4 would probably be my choice.
    STARGATE likes this.
  9. #9  
    STARGATE's Avatar

    Posts
    3,765 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,092 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

    Default Re: BB 10 keyboard

    Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post

    Just saw this now!

    If BB10 was officially no more, this is where I'd be. I just don't care for iOS.
    Just checked out Note 3 the other week. What a slick device. But S4 would probably be my choice.
    The Note 3 is a great device indeed. But I really feel the size of my Galaxy S4 is better for my small hands.

    But who knows?!
    I might end up getting the Note 5 instead of the S6 when my next upgrade comes!

    Only time will tell...:thumbup:

    Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    Elite1 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. New Gingerbread keyboard! Update 12-12-10 [theme blue]
    By Upstreammiami in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 02-06-2012, 09:56 AM
  2. Tab 10.1 Keyboard Dock
    By louinnh in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inch
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 09:54 AM
  3. New Gingerbread keyboard! Update 12-12-10 [theme blue]
    By Upstreammiami in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 07:30 PM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 01:03 AM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 08:33 PM

Posting Permissions

B