SwiftKey 3 acting up, can't get a refund

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey 3 started off as a great keyboard but after I restarted my phone it keeps going away.

I re-set it to my default keyboard but it keeps undoing it and going back to that crappy samsung keyboard.

Play store won't give me a refund because it's been over 15 minutes, so now I just paid for an app that doesn't even work properly.

This is feeling like a bait and switch because I used the trial and it functioned flawlessly as recommended by people on here. Soon as I pay for the full app this happens

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had their keyboard for quit some time, it's definately not a bait and switch this company does care for their clients.

However what you are seeing you are not alone. I've seen a post on their forum, by their support team, asking about this issue.

I recommend uninstalling and reinstall, if this doesn't work go to their website and report the problem.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Ya it might be an issue with how it was installed and set up. Uninstalling may be the trick.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Reppate

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
This is a bug related to how some apps are installed by the Google Play store. This is SwiftKey's response to this issue as posted in their public forum here: After Jelly Bean update, Swiftkey keeps returning to android default keyboard after restart or shutdown

We contacted Android Developer Support and they could not help us to get around this problem. Their response was ?The issue is fixed in Android 4.1.2, not 4.1.1. Your customers will need to upgrade, unfortunately.?

We have informed them that a number of you are still experiencing the issue on 4.1.2 and they have said that they will look into it.

Explanation of the issue:

We are aware of the issue where your phone reverts to the stock keyboard on reboot and we appreciate that it is very annoying.

We are currently in contact with Google Play to see if there is anything that they can do to fix this.

The issue is that Google Play installs paid apps in a particular location on your phone and that in some versions of Android (particularly 4.1 on Samsung devices) this location is not available at the point in the boot process where keyboards are being switched on. So your phone does not know that you have SwiftKey, and it defaults back to the phone?s keyboard.

We are unable to control where Google Play installs the app, and also unable to do anything about the way in which your phone boots up, so we are essentially powerless.

You can read more about the issue here Issue 34880 - android - Google Play installs app to /mnt/asec on JB, even though android:installLocation is set to "internalOnly" - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting ? the issue is listed as ?released?, which means that it has been fixed in the code and the fixed version has been released, but we know that it can take months for a new version of Android to reach customers? phones, which is why we are trying to see if Google Play can do something about it in the shorter term.

Free apps will not be affected, and of course with most apps you just tap them to turn them on once your phone is already fully booted, so it is only with paid apps that offer services like keyboards or widgets that this problem is visible.

If you have not yet used SwiftKey Trial you can download it here https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...touchtype.swiftkey.phone.trial&token=m3bc9rWd ? it will work for a month, and hopefully by the time that month is over the issue will be resolved. (you can only use SwiftKey Trial one time on each phone ? if your phone has tried SwiftKey Trial before then the trial will show up as ?expired? immediately and will not work ? sorry).

Again, we appreciate that this is not ideal, but we are doing the best that we can to get SwiftKey working for you.

*In addition to what was stated on the public forum, you may also want to ensure that absolutely no Task Killers on your device are "killing" SwiftKey without your knowledge.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Yet no mention of a refund in their statement.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary