09-03-2010 02:15 PM
- downloaded the update for Swiftkey beta today and after install, was unable to pull up any keyboard at all. I went in and reloaded and tried to go thru keyboard setup and it kept freezing up, finally had to uninstall. Thank God for ROM backup or I would have been screwed.
Anyone else experience problems loading this on the HTC Incredible?09-02-2010 08:16 PM
- Samsung Epic. I just downloaded it for the first time last night and I've been playing with it all day. I thought swype was my end-all favorite keyboard, but I began to notice that it was kind of slow to use when, say, instant messaging or something. I mean I can type very accurately with it, I just have to think about it. Where as with a normal keyboard my fingers just fly (my other hand was getting bored since swype only uses one hand).
So far I've had hits and misses, but all in all I really like this keyboard. Really wish there were dark options. Definitely have some things that bug me about it, but it'll learn more about how I type with time, no?09-03-2010 01:36 AM
- It is very intuitive. I do love the app and wish it didn't mess up with this last update. Not sure what has gone on here but since I ran that update all my Swiftkey learned language is gone and it has meesed up my SD Card. This sucks. I'm trying to run Disk Check but if that doesn't work I'm going to have to format my card and reload everything, glad I have at least most backed up.
Hope they fix this. This is a HUGE problem for me.09-03-2010 03:04 AM
- Really you could probably just uninstall/reinstall. Swiftkey is my primary keyboard, but when Swype was, this sort of happened to me. Swype would freeze up my entire phone and render it useless. But I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and it worked perfectly. Give it a shot with Swiftkey.09-03-2010 06:48 AM
- You would thik it would be that easy. For some reason it seems this program has "dug deep". Meaning that once the update is installed it obviously affects some of the other core, and just rolling back to prior version isn't enough. Honestly, its been a wreck with this one.09-03-2010 11:32 AM
- I installed the new update yesterday and I've not had any issues with my EVO. Maybe you should contact SwiftKey directly and here is a link to their forums which should be a step in the right direction.
Discussion Area - SwiftKey Support
I'm sorry you are having problems, hang in there I'm sure you'll find a way to get it resolved.09-03-2010 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD