Swiftkey out of beta, but not in the market?

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Like most of you, I read the home page on this site and it says it is out of beta and available for paid download.

However, I can't find anything but the beta in the market. In appbrain I see the paid version listed, but when I click on it, says file not found or something along those lines.

Anyone else having this issue?? Maybe it is just a glitch while the market "upgrades" itself..

storm6610

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Well apparently this is the answer..this straight from the swiftkey FAQ...sigh apparently all DX users who upgraded to FROYO will be affected...this is irritating:

"The full version of SwiftKey is live. If you can't see it in the Market, it means your phone does not support copy-protected apps (the Sony-Ericsson X10 Mini, for example, or some modded installations of Android). This is a problem, as we'd love you to buy the app, but it may take us a little while to upgrade to a licensing model."

kandrelly

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
What???!!!

I really like swiftkey, and now I'm not going to be able to use it? THat is really dumb. Hope they get it fixed soon!!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
If your on Droid X and official 2.2 you Will NOT see the APP! It is not the devolpers fault. Please call vzw and ***** please slam moto forums and complain

joebraidwood

Swiftkey Developer
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
We're aware of this issue guys and it's bugging us as much as it's bugging you. If we can get our licensing support bundled over the weekend or early next week, we can update the app and then remove copy protection. But for now, it's impossible to see a quick fix.

Google need to recognize new handsets sooner, it's ridiculous!

Joe

joebraidwood

Swiftkey Developer
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Solve the issue

We now think we've solved the issue that was hiding the app from the Market for some users. Please confirm if you can find SwiftKey.

Thanks,
Joe

dpillay

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi Joe,

I'm out in India and currently using a HTC Desire with Android 2.2. I have tried both through AppBrain and the Android market but still keep getting a 'requested item could not be found' error.

Is there anything else I can do?

- Dinesh.

joebraidwood

Swiftkey Developer
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Please get the new trial version that we just launched for free. That'll give it to you for two weeks, and in that time we're hoping to have some other options in place for you.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez