Can I hack my android keyboard theme???

hiredgun

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey gang, sorry for starting my first post here with a question, but I've been looking for a solution for over a day now and I'm not getting anywhere, so I figured I'd "bite the bullet" and ask. I have a peculiar dilemma in that I got the paid version of Swype for my phone and love the theme I am using there, but for some reason it looks different on my 7" tablet, and actually NONE of the Swype themes really look good on the tablet. Let me just say I'm referring to the color scheme more than any other feature of the actual keyboard. So I am just wondering if I can "hack" a theme from the Go keyboard or Swift Key, which have ample themes that I like, to use with Swype? I remember from my avid video game days that you could hack or import "skins" across different "platforms," and I just thought it might be applicable here. Really not a big deal I know, but seeing as I payed for the thing you'd think I could find a theme for the keyboard that I like, lol. Thanks in advance, Vin.

zgrrl80

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey gang, sorry for starting my first post here with a question, but I've been looking for a solution for over a day now and I'm not getting anywhere, so I figured I'd "bite the bullet" and ask. I have a peculiar dilemma in that I got the paid version of Swype for my phone and love the theme I am using there, but for some reason it looks different on my 7" tablet, and actually NONE of the Swype themes really look good on the tablet. Let me just say I'm referring to the color scheme more than any other feature of the actual keyboard. So I am just wondering if I can "hack" a theme from the Go keyboard or Swift Key, which have ample themes that I like, to use with Swype? I remember from my avid video game days that you could hack or import "skins" across different "platforms," and I just thought it might be applicable here. Really not a big deal I know, but seeing as I payed for the thing you'd think I could find a theme for the keyboard that I like, lol. Thanks in advance, Vin.

I use Swipe with customizer for skin. Are u using both? Cuss u per can tweak any swipe keyboard in there to be any color or style.

zgrrl80

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh sorry if I said swipe I meant slide it keyboard and it's a really good swiping kb. I tried them all before I landed on this a yr ago. Liked it so much I went premium. Which u might have to in order to customize. Sorry I misread. But I love my slide it kb and it is gr8 at learning new words 4 ur personal dict too altho after KK update my personal dictionary was wiped. Even tho I did a reset n backed up/restored from kies. Ugh. O well. Oh also u can change the size of ur kb and add various symbol menus etc. It's well worth the premium dl imo

hiredgun

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks to both of you for the responses as it looks like you are talking about the same thing. I guess I'll have to check out the keyboard first and then take a look at the customizer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000