Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can I hack my android keyboard theme???

Hey gang, sorry for starting my first post here with a question, but I've been looking for a solution for over a day now and I'm not getting anywhere, so I figured I'd "bite the bullet" and ask. I have a peculiar dilemma in that I got the paid version of Swype for my phone and love the theme I am using there, but for some reason it looks different on my 7" tablet, and actually NONE of the Swype themes really look good on the tablet. Let me just say I'm referring to the color scheme more than any other feature of the actual keyboard. So I am just wondering if I can "hack" a theme from the Go keyboard or Swift Key, which have ample themes that I like, to use with Swype? I remember from my avid video game days that you could hack or import "skins" across different "platforms," and I just thought it might be applicable here. Really not a big deal I know, but seeing as I payed for the thing you'd think I could find a theme for the keyboard that I like, lol. Thanks in advance, Vin.

Global Posts
    17,709 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Can I hack my android keyboard theme???

Hard to say. You might be able to, but, what you add to the app may break it.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by hiredgun View Post
    Hey gang, sorry for starting my first post here with a question, but I've been looking for a solution for over a day now and I'm not getting anywhere, so I figured I'd "bite the bullet" and ask. I have a peculiar dilemma in that I got the paid version of Swype for my phone and love the theme I am using there, but for some reason it looks different on my 7" tablet, and actually NONE of the Swype themes really look good on the tablet. Let me just say I'm referring to the color scheme more than any other feature of the actual keyboard. So I am just wondering if I can "hack" a theme from the Go keyboard or Swift Key, which have ample themes that I like, to use with Swype? I remember from my avid video game days that you could hack or import "skins" across different "platforms," and I just thought it might be applicable here. Really not a big deal I know, but seeing as I payed for the thing you'd think I could find a theme for the keyboard that I like, lol. Thanks in advance, Vin.

I use Swipe with customizer for skin. Are u using both? Cuss u per can tweak any swipe keyboard in there to be any color or style.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by zgrrl80 View Post
    I use Swipe with customizer for skin. Are u using both? Cuss u per can tweak any swipe keyboard in there to be any color or style.
    Never even hear of customizer, can you clue me in please?

This is what I use. U can also search for slide it keyboard skins and there's lots of premade ones u can dl then tinker with in the customizer
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...it.skin.custom

Oh sorry if I said swipe I meant slide it keyboard and it's a really good swiping kb. I tried them all before I landed on this a yr ago. Liked it so much I went premium. Which u might have to in order to customize. Sorry I misread. But I love my slide it kb and it is gr8 at learning new words 4 ur personal dict too altho after KK update my personal dictionary was wiped. Even tho I did a reset n backed up/restored from kies. Ugh. O well. Oh also u can change the size of ur kb and add various symbol menus etc. It's well worth the premium dl imo

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lideit.vt.lite

It's like 3.99 after the trial. And they have good support. One of the reasons I like it is cuz it has optional arrow keys u can dock if u want. They did an update and I couldn't find them and I emailed them and srsly got a response in like an hour!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks to both of you for the responses as it looks like you are talking about the same thing. I guess I'll have to check out the keyboard first and then take a look at the customizer.