Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default can RF wireless keyboard work on ASUS tablet?

can the wireless RF logitech k260 I used on my PC be used with the ASUS MeMO Pad Smart ME301T Tablet? it is an android 4.1 jelly bean OS.

i know i would need some adapter to go from usb2 to usb 3 if so.

also, do tablets even have a cursor so that a mouse can be used?

Default Re: can RF wireless keyboard work on ASUS tablet?

Welcome to Android Central! I don't think that's possible with a standard 2.4 GHz wireless keyboard. You would need to use a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. If your tablet is paired with a Bluetooth mouse or touchpad, a cursor will appear.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

even if I use a USB On-the-Go?

I stand corrected--looks like it's possible on some devices with OTG, but it depends on the device: How to Connect Mice, Keyboards, and Gamepads to an Android Phone or Tablet
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i'm a bit confused regarding that article. it talks about combursome wires and thus maybe Bluetooth is better. but what wires would there be with an RF wireless keyboard/mouse? they don't mean wired mouse/keyboard, do they? tht OTG should work with RF?

also, what's the difference between OTG adapter with that short cable and just a plug adapter that has usb input to micro usb output? and is a unifying device a different idea?

thanks.

Sorry, it's hard for me to give you any direct advice, since I've never tried this before. I would assume that if it's going to work with an RF wireless keyboard, you would need a microUSB OTG cable to plug into the tablet, and the keyboard's USB wifi receiver dongle to plug into the OTG cable. If you need to connect both a keyboard and a mouse, you'd probably want to look into Logitech's products that work with their Unified Receiver, which can connect multiple devices using just one receiver.