Enabling Swype in Note 4:an't figure it out

Lady Grinning Soul

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I've just got a Note 4. I would like to enable the Swype keyboard, but I can't figure out how to enable it.

I go to Language and input, and Swype is checked. The Samsung keyboard is also checked, but the checkbox is grayed out, so I can not uncheck it. When I click the Samsung settings gear, I don't see anything that would make Swype available. When I click the Swype settings gear, I am taken to the Swype settings, which I am familiar with from using it on another device.

I don't see any way to select which one to use. Usually there's a setting to make one of them the active default, at least there was in ICS and Jellybean.

I've done some searches for this, but when I follow the steps, I'm not seeing what is described. It's a new Verizon Note 4 with Android 4.4.4.

I'm sure this is a simple thing, but I just can't figure it out. (And I've tried, I swear.)

I paid for Swype a year or more back, and I could install that, but I'd like to see what if any differences there are.

Thanks!

Lady Grinning Soul

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Duh.

Here's my excuse.

I was seeing where it said Default, as a section heading, or subsection heading, with the other items under it as the options. It didn't occur to me to click it, or that it was clickable. Something about the layout threw me off. Now that I see it, it was right there, and exactly what I was expecting to find. :-\

Thanks.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Under Language and Input settings, up top, beneath Language, it should say Default. Click on that and choose your default. I haven't specifically seen a Verizon model, but that's where it should be.

Edit: I see you found that setting while I was posting.