SlideIT for Android

Tennessee

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I think I like it. And they are planning on selling it to users.....Can you imagine that? Think about it Swipe. You have a product ready to go and won't sell to individuals, but they will. Which will become the more popular.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
If it is anywhere as good as swype, I will get it. I wonder if these technology is patented and if there will be a fight for IP rights. That may be one reason swype is trying to get big cell phone companies on their side for the muscle.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Looks pretty sweet. Looks a little slower then Swype to be honest, but that may just be because of the video. Hopefully it can keep up with my speedy fingers :p

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah and the second review in the Market says it made his Droid go "crazy" and they gave it 1-star. I think I'll hold off until I've heard more positive feedback.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I've donwloaded it on my droid and didn't ahve any problems. It is almost as good as swype as recognizing words. I like the interface better to words that it does recognize. I like how it handle tap to spell words better than swype. So for now, I'm ditching swype in favor of SlideIT.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Yeah, thats the people that are more aware, not everyone understands or is willing to try. Also, by default ususally something official beats out something that people are skeptical about.

Also, I have yet to try SlideIT but I know I HATED the way the Swype caches the "data" and it can not be user controlled. My Swype file was over 10mb nearly in a week.

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Swype isn't easily available?? I didn't realize that, I got it pretty easy :)

Well it is easily available, but not legally available on devices other than the ones it comes stick on. It got out in the wild and spread so fast that they couldn't do anything to contain it. I will use slideIT and purchase it when available.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It just seems like I'm making a lot fewer mistakes with SlideIt and I like the word prediction "strip" over the "box" that Swype has. The keyboard graphics aren't as nice, but the layout is much better on SlideIt IMHO.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately it is now nagging me to buy it, but the link to buy it is broken, and I don't see any way of purchasing it on their website or in the market. I emailed the developer to see how I can go about getting a licensed copy.

Cirro

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I prefer over swype, swype lagged and crapped out on me a ton of times. No problems thus far with this and as someone mentioned the tap to type is so much better then swype

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca